It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained "Cloud" Over Rome Mystifies Experts (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
From Gather News:

UAP (unexplained aerial phenomenon) seems to be just another wispy cloud from a distance. But zooming in on the OVNI reveals a distinct, ribbon-like pattern never observed before in known cloud formations and defying meteorological classification.

The amateur videographer suffers from the usual lack of skill, moving the camera like a second assistant director on NYPD Blue, but when they zoom in on the object, that's when the real mystery begins.

Resembling a hang glider shape (without the pilot), the object becomes more solid and aerodynamic the closer the camera zooms in. But instead of the wispiness expected in an otherwise clear blue sky, the UFO takes on a sturdier look as both perfectly sculpted airfoils tail off into the surrounding area, with no visible means of support.

So--this was dated January 16th at Gather news. I know...It's probably CGI...I'm still learning. But the article does say that "experts" are mystified.

source: news.gather.com...

edit on 20-1-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Interesting vid, thanks. It looks to me like a piece of plastic, maybe even part of a hang glider, of just a piece of painters' light weight drop cloth caught in the wind.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Looks like one of those floating clouds again. I think we should be worried for our safety!
edit on 20-1-2012 by topcat7 because: none

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I've seen a few videos where ufos generated clouds for cover but never like that one. Nice find.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Experts? What experts? I don't see any experts being quoted as saying anything about this. All I see is this guy's own interpretation of the video. Let's have some standards.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnificient

can you link to those video's i'd like to see that
thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
as that trail fades away it looks like another might be starting to the right. looks alot like some kind of skywriting IMO.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker
Experts? What experts? I don't see any experts being quoted as saying anything about this.

French Experts

original story here in Italian via Google Translate

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

There are two areas of white ribbons.

Yeah thats what I posted at youtube.

Lens flare anyone.
Electrostatic lighting is a second.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
You often see some weird things in the sky like stars and stuff...

But I think this is just lens flare. There is no indication that it is a cloud, it doesn't seem to be moving as clouds do and when the person zooms out and then back in you can see why I think it is lens flare - the 'cloud' disappears. Sometimes when someone throws a plastic bag away they end up getting mistaken for being something out of this world. Interesting video nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Look just to the right of the smoke at the 0:43 sec mark. You can see the plane moving top to bottom...before it gets "out of focus". Skywriter or air show is my guess...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing the video. I will lean towards not lens flare. It looks like there are two vector shapes in the video. The mistake often made is zooming out too far to show how high up the objects are. You often cannot find the object again when you try to get it back in zoom.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Not the best video, but it looks like what is called a horseshoe-vortex and they are quite rare and fleeting.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Go down to the doughnut light of illuminated ether light.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

When an ordinary low frequency discharge is passed through moderately rarefied air, the air assumes a purplish hue. If by some means or other we increase the intensity of the molecular, or atomic, vibration, the gas changes to a white color.

Illuminated air from the Tesla ship what else is there.

top topics

join