It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Puppet's Court: TV station covers corruption trial using muppets.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This is almost too funny to be true. It seems that sometimes the truth is stranger than even the Onion's headlines. A TV station in Ohio is covering a corruption trial using muppets because they are not allowed to bring cameras into the Federal courtroom.

The Puppet's Court

An Ohio television station is taking a unique approach to the problem of cameras not being allowed in the courtroom for the high-profile corruption trial of a local county commissioner.

The county corruption trial of former Cuyahoga County Commissioner Jimmy Dimora is playing out in Federal Court, where their cameras are not allowed.

So they're keeping viewers up to speed with actual, word for word, court transcripts in what 19 Action News is calling "The Puppet's Court!"

KSLA 12

Here is a link to the station involved. 19 Action News

I can understand their frustration with not being able to get cameras into the courtroom but, is this making light of the courtroom proceedings appropriate? Do you think its appropriate for the court to deny cameras to prevent the media charged atmosphere that took over the OJ trial? It doesn't seem to be working too well in this case.

edit on 1/20/12 by FortAnthem because:
______________ extra DIV

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Meh, they aren't as funny as I thought they would be. But, it does make courtroom testimony a little more interesting.

Still, its an interesting way to protest the judge locking out the press from the courtroom.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Gee, there must be some type of anti-muppet bias here at ATS.

I can understand its not the most important story floating around on ATS but, I figured at least a few people would find this amusing.

join