join

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
were in the army now.
WW3 here we go

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

It took the United Kingdom, British Canada, Shawnee, Creek RedSticks,Ojibway,Chickamauga,Fox,Iroquois,Miami,Mingo,Ottawa,Kickapoo,Delaware (Lenape), Mascouten, Potawatomi,Sauk and Wyandot tribes to do it.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Sorry If I'm obsessive compulsive... I blame it on my J - in my meyers briggs INFJ

I counted:
55 12 46

55 tanks 12 tankers 46 more tanks... no telling how many went by before the start of the video though...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by jerryznv

They're just Bradleys. Pieces of crap and useless in urban environments if you ask me though so I wouldn't be too worried if I were you lol. BTW I do believe they are probably just part of a refurb run. Periodically, armoured vehicles are sent out to be refurbished. Like I said, wouldn't be too worried if I were you.

Then what are they used for..what are they all being refurbished for? What do you think?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

They are basically just up-gunned, heavy Infantry Fighting Vehicles. They were designed during the Cold War to face off against Warsaw Pact forces in force on force engagements, which are pretty rare these days in the age of asymmetrical warfare (insurgencies, etc.). They could be shipping from the plant that they were refurbished at to training brigades, or they could be put in use in Afghanistan (although that is pretty unlikely as Bradleys and mountainous terrain don't exactly play nice together.) To be honest with you, in my experience, Bradleys have a pretty bad reputation, as they are very heavy and cumbersome. Very difficult to maneuver in tight quarters, and have some reliability issues in hot regions. They could be going anywhere, to be honest with you, as the US has bases pretty much everywhere. More than likely they are just going back where they came from. Nothing to worry about, other than the fact that your gov wasted millions of dollars refurbishing hundreds of armoured IFVs that have a less than stellar reputation in the first place. Kinda shows a little desperation if you ask me.

EDIT: They refurbish them for the same reasons that highway tractors need to be overhauled every million or so miles. Parts wear out and rust out, vehicles get destroyed, etc. Nothing goes to waste, as far as I know, except for the lives that are taken by these machines of war. I don't understand why people stand in awe of armoured vehicles. All technology aside, these are machines that are made to assist in the mass killing of people from nations that aren't even really our enemies. Sorry to go all hippy-styled on ya, but you asked lol.
edit on 20/1/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

Careful, man. I can kind of share your sense of humour there, but you tread on dangerous ground, my friend, with the latest developments in the States.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join