It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

over 2000 planes crashed in 50 years in area dubbed the nevada triangle. Right next to area 51.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Steve Fossett went missing there in 2007, over 2000 plane wrecks discovered there during the search for him. Is the location of area 51 within a few hundred miles of most of them and the fact they went mostly unreported related?

I was watching NatGeo an saw this show so I started looking into it, this is for real. www.mysterycasebook.com...
natgeotv.com...
edit on 20-1-2012 by reddwhite because: forgot to link to the show site

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by reddwhite

Blame it on a vortex. These magic triangles are areas of magnetic anomolies, most people say.

Trouble makin' vortexes...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Here is the video...I haven't watched much of it yet..but I thought I would put it up!

It's long...but sounds pretty interesting!

edit on 20-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Video doesn't work for other countries..Boo!

Was lookin' forward to checking out that video too .

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Well that sucks...I'll see if I can find you a different one!

Or you could check youtube yourself and see if you can find one that works in the UK!

Your welcome to stop over at my house and watch it here!

edit on 20-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
but where bodies recovered from the 2000 wrecks? cos i imagine it would be on the news if their was, mabey they where unmanned tests

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I forgot to link the show on the OP, sorry fxed now. Here is another though.
natgeotv.com...

The wrecks range from 50 years ago to present, and they are mangled beyond recognition, I wouldn't expect bodies more like small pieces, and several were found an removed. Most of the wrecks are within a couple hundred miles of area 51, that's how several were found by hikers.
edit on 20-1-2012 by reddwhite because: typing on droid sucks sry had to fix

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Yeah, thanks anyway! I'll have a look around the interwebz to see if I can find it.

Or come over to yours?

I'll bring the keg.

edit on 20-1-2012 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by reddwhite

I forgot to link the show on the OP, sorry fxed now. Here is another though.
natgeotv.com...

Thanks buddy.

With the title, it should be a lot easier to find the show now!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe

Yeah, thanks anyway! I'll have a look around the interwebz to see if I can find it.

Or come over to yours?

I'll bring the keg.

edit on 20-1-2012 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

I imagine that would be quite a costly flight...UK to US with a keg!

I see the OP linked another episode strait from National Geographic...maybe that one will work for you!

Very interesting OP...I am a Las Vegas boy...transplanted to Wyoming a few years ago...but a lot of that area is my old stomping grounds...I have flown around a lot of that area in the past!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Ya, my bad guys. I am still noob to ATS, and the droid taking a dump on me in the middle of posting didn't help. The damn battery dies faster than I can charge it, I need to quit messing around and get an Iphone.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Don't get an iPhone! The battery dies out even quicker!

Just download a battery-saving app..

I got one for my 'droid..& on standby, the phone can go three days+ without charging..Or a good few hours browsing time on the internet!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Maybe it's a triangle like Bermuda has but I see a big trapezoid starting around Las Vegas at Nellis AFB north to Fallon NAS, West to China Lake NAS, and south to Edwards AFB. You will find crashed aircraft, missiles, target drones, and a lot of experimental craft of all sorts, electro-magnetic anomalies, along with some civilian craft, and who-knows-what-else?

Think of the test pilots in the 50's and 60's for some of those older crashes. Go back around 65 years and you might have encountered Chuck Yeaer breaking the sound barrier for the first time - he brought most of them home did have to bail at least once in his career.

A lot of that can be explained without having to get too mysterious, but there still is Area 51....

edit on 20-1-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
There is an explanation.....
The use of atomic weapons causes areas of weak binding....ie the vortex created by the atomic explosion, goes up from the ground (muchroom cloud)as well as straight through the whole earth and out the antipodes of the explosion.
The areas of loose binding are left after the fact and nobody can accurately say how long they will last, but they apear to have gotten weaker over time(or have dissapated or moved with the atmosphereic currents to other loci.)
The atoms that exist in such a vortex have weakened binding of their elements....this will cause the materials to fail at stresses far below what they were thought to be able to withstand.
This is what happened to the famous fighter pilot who crashed chasing a UFO.
Capt. Mantell died from aproaching the saucer while it was operating one of its fields......The fields by product is an area of loose atomic binding around it.....like the atomic bomb but smaller ......the atoms all let go of their structural integrity, Another by product of this field is heat.....(not sure if it is asociated with micro wave radiation or not.....)
This caused the officer to crash as well as severely burned his body.
edit on 20-1-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Well my theory is that Tesla ships,UFOs or saucers to the 99% or the sheeple, are
the cause with that area being infested with those ships.

Any sensitive part can get vibrated into inactivity. Its not eddy currents from electricity
that freezes sensitive parts but the ship suspension vibrations cause the damage.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
C'mon ATS, Steve Fosset was killed by weather, as the national geographic presentation explained at some detail.

The NTSB report is freely available online and is very specific in its findings. Alas, if some will note, there is no reference to space/time vortex's or previously unknown nuclear weapons effects. ( The NTSB are sticklers for noting those types of things
)

NTSB Identification: SEA07FA277
14 CFR Part 91: General Aviation
Accident occurred Monday, September 03, 2007 in Mammoth Lakes, CA
Probable Cause Approval Date: 07/09/2009
Aircraft: Bellanca 8KCAB-180, registration: N240R
Injuries: 1 Fatal.

Examination of the accident site revealed that the airplane was on a northerly heading at impact, indicating that the pilot had executed a 180-degree turn after radar contact was lost. Ground scars and distribution of the heavily fragmented wreckage indicated that the airplane was traveling at a high speed when it impacted in a right wing low, near level pitch attitude. A postimpact fire consumed the fuselage, with the exception of its steel frame. The wings were fragmented into numerous pieces. The ELT was destroyed. Damage signatures on the propeller blades and the engine crankshaft indicated that the engine was operating at impact. Examination of the airframe and engine revealed no evidence of any malfunctions or failures that would have prevented normal operation.

Visual meteorological conditions existed in the accident area at the time of the accident. Mean winds at 10,000 feet were from 220 degrees at 15 to 20 knots; some gusts of 25 to 30 knots may have occurred. Moderate turbulence and downdrafts of at least 400 feet per minute probably occurred at the time and in the area of the accident. The magnitude of the downdrafts likely exceeded the climb capability of the airplane, which, at a density altitude of 13,000 feet, was about 300 feet per minute.

The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident as follows:

The pilot’s inadvertent encounter with downdrafts that exceeded the climb capability of the airplane. Contributing to the accident were the downdrafts, high density altitude, and mountainous terrain.

NTSB Identification: SEA07FA277

The plain truth about the area is that there is a lot of private/ commercial air traffic flying over some formidable geography that can severely influence the weather.

There are also a number of military bases and training ranges as well as the centers for both experimental development and flight testing for nearly everything that flies in any of the armed forces.

The Edwards complex, Groom Lake, Tonopah, Nellis (Red Flag), Luke (advanced training), Beale ( SR-71's and nuclear armed B-52's in the cold war), Pt. Magu (naval weapons testing) and Miramar (top gun during the cold war) to name a few off the top of my head all spent a lot of time transiting through and operating within that triangle.

Combine all the elements and there are going to be more accidents.

Nevada Triangle
edit on 21-1-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I live in the area and for 50 years the Nevada triangle is also the largest military flight operations area in the US plus the area has a number of traps for pilots that are unfamiliar with the area.
I have flown with friends in small planes many times in this area

One big trap for pilots is the Sierra wave another is clear air downdrafts when crossing mountain ranges.

Then you get pilots that get trapped in canyons by thin air when the temperature reaches over 100º in the summer and they can not get lift to cross a mountain range and can not turn around because the canyon is too narrow.
A friend almost became one of those but did the right trick because he had flown the desert for years.
He went nose up to near stall and dropped his air speed so that the turning radius of the aircraft became tighter at low speed.
This is the opposite what most pilots would do.

There are a lot more crash sites in the triangle then 2000.

In the last 50 years there have been over 6000 crashes if you count all aircraft including target drones
edit on 21-1-2012 by ANNED because: 439563

top topics

join