It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political endorsements

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Sounds like a siggy banner is definitely in order (as long as it is Ron Paul, LOL!)

It could definitely fit in People as well, but if you plan to support your candidate with a lot of compare and contrast and news stories, and debate points, and general election fodder, then it might be able to fit in the 2012 Elections forum.

No harm in putting it there, we can move it if need be.

And for the record, a move is not a bad thing, nor a punishment, nor censorship, nor an intentional thread killer. I have posted my own threads in the dreaded forums that are supposedly thread killers, and some of them have done quite well.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

No it's not rocket science. But it does appear I'm not the only one confused. Anymore mods want to chime in ?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
reply to post by getreadyalready

No it's not rocket science. But it does appear I'm not the only one confused. Anymore mods want to chime in ?

As I'm sure you know from real life experience. Skeptic Overlord and Springer are the owners. They wrote some Terms and Conditions. They do their best to communicate their intentions for those Terms and Conditions to Admin, Super Mods, and Forum Mods, but each of us has selective hearing, and our own personalities, and we interpret a singular message in 100 different ways. Then, we read posts, and we interpret those posts in our own 100 different ways, and we attempt to apply our 100 interpretations of the TandC and directives from the owners, and we get 10,000 different outcomes.

Maybe it is Rocket Science, LOL! It is pure math. Any organization that is more than a sole proprietorship is going to have a similar organizational challenge. It doesn't matter if it is Exxon-Mobil, or a Landscaping Company, or a Conspiracy Website.

Again, there will never be perfection, but I've been here about 3 years, and it is dam close! I spent all of about 30 minutes on GLP, and I occasionally stop by ZombieHunters.org, and I read the replies on Youtube and Facebook and I am appalled. In my not-so-humble opinion, ATS is lightyears ahead of any site I've ever spent time on.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Sure... but only since you asked. And to be honest, you are starting to get a glimpse of how the staff debates actions such as thread moves. So if you think you are confused by all this, just think we do this sort of thing hundreds of times a month for each mod.

And while my answer is by no means definitive, consider that the thread could indeed go to BTS Members

Members: Get to know each other better, post your announcements, events, birthdays, weddings, etc. here.

As a personal endorsement is an announcement.

While asking for clarification for thread placement is always welcomed, ultimately the final resting place will depend on the thread itself and how it turns out. Sometimes threads that seem valid in one place can end up in another depending on the overall demeanor and direction of the replies
Yes, some threads have stayed in one place for multiple pages and then end up moved.

The safest bet, in my opinion, is 2012 Elections and see where it goes from there if anywhere. Just know that the staff does indeed discuss things from various angles and opinions while sorting things out...which is why it sometimes seems we take forever to do anything about something that seems cut and dry to someone else.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join