It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political endorsements

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
In the coming few days, I, beezzer, will be publically endorsing a candidate for 2012.

My question is this.

Is it more appropriate in Rant, Political Madness, or can ATS make a Members Endorsement forum.

Reason for me asking is this.

Many have already endorsed a candidate. Good golly! Jusy look at the Ron Paul threads!

But it'd be a personal preference with political overtones.

Hence my query.

How difficult would it be to create a new forum soley for a campaign that (while American) will have a global, international impact?

Cheers
beez

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Cant you just put something in your signature?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Cant you just put something in your signature?

I suppose. But I also want to express WHY I'm endorsing a candidate. And it might get wordy. And the sig box is tiny.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Why not this forum? Just my opinion but seems the best fit imo. That said, I don't make policy.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Why not this forum? Just my opinion but seems the best fit imo. That said, I don't make policy.

That works. I brought this up because so many member endorsements are all over the place.
Guess my ADHD just wants to make everything tidy.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

That works. I brought this up because so many member endorsements are all over the place.

Oh, that would probably be OCD and I have that tidy OCD gene too

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

My thread was moved from that forum. I was told it was for news stories only... That doesn't seem to be strictly enforced, or enforced much at all, but that was the reason I was given.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I was wondering why there isn't a section for each candidate. I'm sure people would like to openly discuss why they support one candidate over the others. With so many accusations being made by the super pac's big money ads
what do people really believe ? What issues really matter to voters ?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by beezzer

Oh, that would probably be OCD and I have that tidy OCD gene too

Great!
Now I have to redo the entire thread!

Seriously, I think my question has been answered, so if you mods choose, this can be discarded.
Hold on! Just saw BH's post!
edit on 20-1-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

My thread was moved from that forum. I was told it was for news stories only... That doesn't seem to be strictly enforced, or enforced much at all, but that was the reason I was given.

Thanks.

This is why I asked the question!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
I was wondering why there isn't a section for each candidate. I'm sure people would like to openly discuss why they support one candidate over the others. With so many accusations being made by the super pac's big money ads
what do people really believe ? What issues really matter to voters ?

Once we get down to 2 (or 3) that'd be a neat idea!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Seems some mods have a differnt interpitation on enforcement of the T and C.
It wasn't greeneyedleo that moved your thread was it ?
ATS mods needs to to have better guide lines and less free reign in moving and deleting threads.
It does appear there is a problem when one mod suggests putting something in their signature and another suggests a specific topic to post.
edit on 20-1-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

No, it was another mod.

I'm not complaining, but I can't help grimacing a little when I see so many threads in there that aren't news stories. And of course, I won't break the rules and start a thread there that isn't a news story.
But many others are.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Yes, if it is a specific endorsement of a single candidate it needs to go in the People forum.

It only belongs in the 2012 Elections Forum if it has to do with the election in general, multiple candidates, or conspiracies surrounding the election.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I am complaining. There is alot of inconsistancys in enforcing and not enforcing the rules and moving and deleteing threads.
There is some trash that remains untouched and some good threads that have flags and stars that disappear.
ATS is a great site but with so many mods, consistancy in enforcement seems to be a problem.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Sorry but now we have three mods with three differnt opinions on where a thread needs to be posted.
!. in your signature.
2. 2012 election
3, people.
4. Oh ! The o.p. was asking if....Is it more appropriate in Rant, Political Madness ?
Am I right or am I just more confused.

edit on 20-1-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Sure.

With These Kind of Stats and a handful of Volunteer Mods there are going to be a few inconsistencies and hiccups. Any real concern is dealt with very effectively in my opinion. When people are upset with an action, they address it with the Mods, and they get a private answer. You should know this. You are responsible for your own posts. Nobody elses. If you see something that might be a violation, you address it through the Complaint Feature.

This isn't rocket science. Nobody is perfect, not you, nor the Mods. Occasionally mistakes are made and rectified, but more generally there is just a difference of opinion. Some people can deal with a difference of opinion and move on successfully. I had my share of meltdowns before I became a Mod, and a couple since becoming one. Some people handle it maturely and move on successfully, some people find more comfortable homes to spend their online time in. That is the way it works.

If you are seeking perfection, you are in the wrong place. If you are seeking an extremely well run site with over a quarter of a million extremely intelligent and civil people to debate and discuss with, then you might be in the right place. To each their own.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Sorry but now we have three mods with three differnt opinions on where a thread needs to be posted.
!. in your signature.
2. 2012 election
3, people.

Signature is fine (see mine
)

People is fine for a single candidate endorsement.

2012 Election is fine if it is for a broader discussion. I don't know which place is the absolute best fit until I see it.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

So what is the final say, oh mighty borg-mod?*

*(Don't men to make fun of the implants, honest!)

Oh, I see your answer above.

edit on 20-1-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

!. in your signature.
2. 2012 election
3, people.

Please do not misconstrue my response.

The question was simple, the answer I gave was simple. It was not until later that beezzer explained what he wanted to do.

There are options, based on what will be posted. At the top of each thread it states very clearly what that forum is for. Very clearly.

For example, this forum is for:

Board Business & Questions: This forums should be used to post questions regarding site policies, problems with site functionality/features, and respond to announcements from ownership. This is not a place to post complaints

If you have a complaint against staff actions against any of your posts/threads, stop taking it to the threads and use the Complaint Form.
edit on January 20th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join