It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good News for the Planet? H.R. 3553: Genetically Engineered Food Right to Know Act

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Denis Kucinich introduced H.R. 3553: Genetically Engineered Food Right to Know Act on December 2, 2012, and, having read it, I highly approve. Though I started a thread in another of ATS's forums, I thought this information should be in this one as well.

To read the full text, click:

www.gpo.gov...

Also, on that thread, Witness2008 brought this link to sign a petition to support this act:

secure3.convio.net...

What are Your thoughts?

I ask that this be flagged so as many of Us as possible can see this information.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Awesome! I'm so glad to see this in the works.

We do have a right to know what we're putting in our bodies and what's happening to the world around us.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
first step in the right direction.

now a bill that prevents them from poisining the tap water with fluoride.

they don´t have the right to poison you without your consent wich is what is going on right now.

stand up my american brothers and sisters.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I starred and flagged it. There is another drive to get signatures in California for a GMO labeling law to be put on the books as well.

This is one of the most important steps that can be taken to allow people to make informed choices whether or not to be part of the great medical experiment going on -feeding GM foods to people without knowing the harm they can do ...or the extent of it. We are not lab rats. We ought to have the choice to opt out and not eat this vile stuff, or the herbicides it's sprayed with, for that matter.

I signing the petition.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
first step in the right direction.

now a bill that prevents them from poisining the tap water with fluoride.

they don´t have the right to poison you without your consent wich is what is going on right now.

stand up my american brothers and sisters.

Just imagine if the this got the support that the anti-SOPA did...

A good read for fluoride information (well documented) can be found here:

www.ahealedplanet.net...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

if only the NDAA act had gotten that support

it´s a sickening thing.

i mean really... take your time and think about this.

in a sense you're (possibly) getting life because you're deemed a threat without a trial or anything..

scary isn´t it?
edit on 20-1-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Yup. Being locked up without due process is scary. Scarier for me though is a corporation with so much power that it steals away the health of the entire world population along with the health of the planet for monetary profit.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

if only the NDAA act had gotten that support

it´s a sickening thing.

i mean really... take your time and think about this.

in a sense you're (possibly) getting life because you're deemed a threat without a trial or anything..

scary isn´t it?

I agree. NDAA should have been raged against by at LEAST as many who raged against SOPA. Let's see if We can build positive support for this act!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Great news...to add to it, we are getting somewhere!
Senator Maralyn Chase(Wash-D) is sponsoring the labeling for GMO foods bill in Washington State. The bill states to have all food labeled accordingly by July of 2014. The GMO/GE foods would have to be labeled "genetically engineered" and "may" if the food might contain any GE.
More here

edit on 20-1-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Wow! Finally some legislation that makes sense and is actually "for the people." Good catch, good call, Amaterasu!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Glad People are waking up to this evil and demanding, even on the state level, to be able to make informed choices. Thank You for the information!

reply to post by The GUT

Thank You, GUT. I got a heads up from My local rep when I emailed Him to express My desire to get rid of the vile stuff.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

What are Your thoughts?

Go Dennis, its about time!
Amaterasu, thanks for posting I hope this takes off like wildfire!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

My other thread made the front page for a while - but though the bad news gets to the top...the good news seems to vanish in relatively short order... [sigh]

top topics

join