It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music To Describe Today's World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I am one of those few people that still thinks of music as the "magical" thing that helps you escape from everything, rather than a tune that you can get smashed to, and have "bangin'" tunes play in the clubs for you to get #-faced to. I look at a song, even if it is released today, and actually study the lyrics to see if the song has a decent message, by looking at what metaphors, personifications and such are in the lyrics ... basically deconstructing the song much like you would with a poem (the original purpose of music, I think i've read somewhere, is that it should be a poem with music to accompany it).

Music nowadays just doesn't interest me, except for the odd artist or two, whoc I think are very crafty with their song-writing and the general beat of their music. Take Lady Gaga for instance, I am a Little Monster, but not for the reasons that most of us are. Generally, from what i've seen, Little Monsters nowadays are the people that are seen as quite annoying, and listen to Gaga's music because they are completely blind to the actual words and artistic composition of the music, basically, they just want a beat to dance to, and somebody that they can use as a reason for living the way they live.

I'm waiting for the "but she's an Illuminati pawn!!" comments to come along. Yes, her videos, and her lyrics, are CHOCK FULL of NWO/Illuminati/Globalist metaphors and imagery. but that doesn't necessarily mean that she is promoting it. Anybody would think so, but everybody always forgets the things that she says, about how she "uses the industry as much as they use her." My guessing is that she is using her music to expose people to the idea of a sinister world agenda, rather than promoting it.

Go to this and have a read of everything in their website that they have to say about Gaga's songs, and in fact, her career. The "Born This Way" Manifesto ... they say it is Illuminati, a way of conditioning people to accept a new way of life, brought on by NWO/Illuminati or some other agenda. I say, it's a way of warning people of what will come to pass if they don't pay attention, and also her idea of how the world should be, a world without rules or prejudice. She has always said that she hopes anyone that listens to her music understands that it has many layers, and that she leaves ideas and messages for her fans in the lyrics. Let's not forget,she was a straight-A student at a prestgious school, she isn't stupid.

I'd like to hear other people's opinions before I elaborate further, and also, I would like each poster on their first post on this thread (if you want, not forcing you
) to name a song that represents how they feel about the world today, and why they chose it. This is the reason for the thread's title, as i'm interested to see an overall perspective of people's view of today's world, through the "magic" of music

p.s Pleeeeease no trolls or trouble-makers with useless flaming posts, don't ruin the magic

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Tupac - changes. I feel as if this song pointed out many wrongs in society... none of them being fixed

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by domasio

Some classics are so well written, that they have a timeless relation to any time it seems.

Peace,
spec

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Immortal Technique - The Martyr

'Nuff said.

Immortal Technique - The Martyr

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by domasio

Electric Funeral by Black Sabbath......I think the lyrics explain my thoughts of the world today.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Aerosmith - EAT THE RICH

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by domasio

Would I like to string Dick Cheney on a lamppost...YES!!
Would I like to string up Kissinger...YES!!
Would I love to burn down all Monsanto offices and products....YES!!
Would I like to drag certain elites bodies through the streets.......YES!!

You asked...I answered.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
How about "warning"...that about sums it up!

edit on 20-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Sacred Reich's "American Way", It couldn't describe our country any better..

For some reason I couldn't get the video to show...

edit on 20-1-2012 by SumerianSoldier because: embedding attempts

edit on 20-1-2012 by SumerianSoldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by domasio

Sorry to say, I don't have much time for lady GaGa, although I respect her more than most mainstream acts. Probably the heavy rotation on mfr(rubber bumpers!!) has killed it for me,that and the army of drone followers(which you are clearly not) who don't comprehend anything beyond the beat as you say. However, respect is due to any mainstream act that can sell intelligent content to the masses.

...Anyway, I've got many picks I could mention, but for the moment I'll go with W-4 by Dead Prez because it sums up the feelings of millions regarding their social/economic slavery...with killer bass and beats

Peace...
edit on 20/1/2012 by pudd99 because: fat fingers

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
All great songs!

If I had to pick, then it'd be Avril Lavigne's "I'm With You" simply because the lyrics can be interpreted to be talking about anybody other than your lover.

The lyric "It's a damn cold night,
trying to figure out this life,
won't you take me by the hand, take me somewhere new,
don't know who you are but I, I'm with you"
Pretty much sums up the way I feel about the world today. I wish something/somebody would come along and just take me off this Earth and take me somewhere new, as long as it isn't tyrannical like today's world.

Originally posted by pudd99
reply to post by domasio

Sorry to say, I don't have much time for lady GaGa, although I respect her more than most mainstream acts. Probably the heavy rotation on mfr(rubber bumpers!!) has killed it for me,that and the army of drone followers(which you are clearly not) who don't comprehend anything beyond the beat as you say. However, respect is due to any mainstream act that can sell intelligent content to the masses.

...Anyway, I've got many picks I could mention, but for the moment I'll go with W-4 by Dead Prez because it sums up the feelings of millions regarding their social/economic slavery...with killer bass and beats

Peace...
edit on 20/1/2012 by pudd99 because: fat fingers

MFR?! Are you from Inverness? Rubber bumpers indeed, with a stick of butter and a glass of water

I see what you mean about her records being played a little too often, on any radio station, but it's not really her mainstream music I love, it's the other songs on her albums that don't get released as a single. I mean, I love her singles, but I think her other songs are far too overlooked in terms of their "poetic" structure, particularly Bloody Mary

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by domasio

Not from the shneck but close enough to fall under the yoke of mfr unfortunately
, and it does tend to turn me off from a lot of stuff just through sheer repetition. Might actually give lady GaGa a shot, my wife has some of her stuff, though I do tend to prefer stuff a bit more off the beaten path.
Sounds like you're on a bit of a downer at the moment, when I get like that I like to turn to the stuff I've loved the longest. Nothing beats Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon or Wish You Were Here albums for me. Lyrics that can be widely interpreted according to mood, although I tend to just enjoy the sheer beauty and majesty of the guitar work. In short, less lyrics, more electric geetar

Peace...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
There was a British folksinger back in the 70's that wrote a song called "Why". He totally nailed it then as the lyrics apply more today than ever. An amazing voice. The video is on YuTube but the audio isn't that great being that it was recorded in the 1970,s. I have not quite got the hang of posting vids yet. So you will have to have a listen for yourself if you want to. I have never forgot that song even though most of what I listened to back then was all rock.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mipher

I'll try to find the video and will get back to you on what I think.

I tell you another great song, from my favourite band EVER, Scorpions (the German rock band) - Winds Of Change ... gives me the tingles everytime I hear it. I can just picture it, if the end of our world (as we know it) was a movie, then this song would be the backing track

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Thats the strangest thing that you mentioned the Scorpions song "Winds of Change". This folk singer and by the way his name is Roger Whittaker also recorded that song although later in life. Although he was British he recorded a lot of his songs in German. Perhaps there is some influence there between the two as Whittaker is a great whistler and "Winds of Change" starts out with whistling.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Here you go:

new topics

top topics

join