It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Initiation!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

In addition to what Saurus has said, I would also recommend - if you enjoy the company off the lodge members and their wives - that you look into seeing if your lodge has a Order of the Eastern Star chapter. If it has one, its often a good chance to get more involved in the lodge and also a chance for you and your husband (since its a order for both master masons and their female relatives, including wives) to do sit together and learn a few good philosophical lessons.

Also, the process of becoming a mason impacts everyone differently. For some it can be a huge change, for others smaller changes. It depends on where the mason was at before the process. Additionally, while the meanings of the degrees take a life time to understand, beginning to understand them at the most basic level is immediate for some and take months or a year for others. And its only after understanding the degrees that any real change can occur. So while I'm sure you've been told to expect big positive changes from your husband, don't expect it to be immediate necessarily and - depending on where he is right now spiritually and philosophically - you may not see any big things occur at all.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Beyond all the neysayers in here bashing Masons I say CONGRATULATIONS to the soon to be new initiate! And I say that when I get accepted and also initated; we'll be able to laugh and joke about the insecurities of those non-menbers

Congrats again!!!

<< 5  6  7   >>

join