It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Initiation!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Are there any Brothers in here?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Yeah,... me

PA Grand Lodge Master Mason
32nd Deg. Scottish Rite
Shrine Mason

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
Masons usually never reveal ritual, as they make an oath not to...however, it can all be found on the internet if you do a search. There is a post in another thread, I forget which one, of a Lodge in the UK presenting videos of masonic lodge meetings, and what actually occurs inside. I'll try to find which thread that was.

It seems Freemasonry is really trying not to appear the "secret society" that many think it is.

Little is "secret" these days regarding the Blue Lodge degrees. There are books in print which are not entirely correct in the details but take the mystery out of the degrees none the less.
Reading this somewhat flawed information does not take away from the experience of receiving the degrees for those yet to experience them.
If there is are no objections by the Masons on this thread that this information would be construed as violating the oaths, I can post the titles which I am aware of.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
If you are worried about upsetting the mason's present on this board, I am sure your statement of there being books readily available will suffice for anyone who wants to find them. It is not hard. And there are many threads already here pertaining to the information you are referencing.

My suggestion would be leave it as it is, if people truly want to know they will find it themselves. This way you are in no danger of upsetting anyone.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think that most grow ups can make up there own mind about what they want to do...that's the thing some can't

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Dude, you gotta quit digging up these old threads. The moderators are gonna get on your case for it, and with good reason.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
OK, i dont have hours to read through this whole thread, I have about the same question as the op. Im a bit nervous as a new petitioner. My only concern is the initiation rituals. I know they are archaic and very esoteric, and that's great, thats what makes them special. My concern is any sort of personal humiliation. If confronted with that, I will WALK with no looking back or concern. I dont know specifics about Freemason init's other than what I've read, but if they are anything like college fraternity rituals (at least at my school), I'm way too old and smart for that kind of shiat.
Any thoughts are much appreciated. Thanx in advance.............

[edit on 11/11/08 by scooterstrats]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sillinous

Hey, congrats! I am awaiting my "investigation" and still nervous for what everr reason . Any Advice?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

there shouldn't be anything that should embarrass you. If, however, you feel embarrassed at any point, you are free to leave.
However, why'd you bump a four year old thread?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Because i joined only about 2 weeks ago. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Ah, ok. No worries. There are more recent threads though you could post in though.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
That was a bit abrupt and may come across as sarcastic. No offense intended. But i am new and curious. Hope not to stir anything up....

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Sorry, you posted faster than me!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

If you could be kind enough, where WOULD the best place for me to post?

Sincerely,
scooterstrats

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Well, to be honest with you, this forum is supposed to deal with conspiracies about Secret Societies. Things like initiations are supposed to be in the Chit Chat forum on BTS.
However, a much better place would be a actual Masonic Forum. You can find 'em on Google, and they'll be a lot more help than a conspiracy forum.
For instance:
staffs.proboards37.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Thanx RuneSpider, i did exactly that! Very helpful.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

And just as a matter of public record, masonic initiations have nothing to do with the fraternity style hazing you are referring to. Humiliating you is not on the agenda or the purpose of the rituals. However, understand that because of all the masonic myths floating around occasionally members of the lodge may act otherwise - like throwing around terms like "riding the goat" - its all in good fun and no hazing/embarrassment actually takes place though.

You will be wearing what amounts to pajamas at various states of the degrees though, not due to a desire to humiliate you but because it has a esoteric/ritual meaning. The most embarrassing thing that is going to occur to you is walking around without a shirt, but since most guys do that at the beach/pool its not embarrassing I don't think, just awkward.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

Well, it can be a little embarrassing if you fall off the goat...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

there shouldn't be anything that should embarrass you. If, however, you feel embarrassed at any point, you are free to leave.
However, why'd you bump a four year old thread?

Silly me - I didn't look at the date when I came across this thread at the top of the 'Most Recent' threads. I read all the way through before reaching your post and realising! lol.

Anyway, I was planning to post to say that my husband is hoping to be accepted and so far I've met some great men and their wives. We were invited to a social evening, held at a Mason's house, and everyone was really friendly. Hopefully, I've also made some good friends from being invited to this event.

We had the home visit a couple of weeks ago and then Thursday evening received a phone call inviting him to an informal meeting, last night (Friday). It lasted about an hour and just involved having a friendly drink and chat in a bar.

Next Friday he has to go along for a formal meeting and then there's the vot in December, another in February, and initiation in April if all is well.

Almost forgot - we've also been invited to their Christmas dinner party which I'm really looking forwards to because the first social evening was such good fun and everyone was really lovely.

My husband has been interested in the Masons for quite awhile but didn't have a clue how to approach anyone. A string of little synchronisities finally led him to this particular lodge.

I loved the comments here about becoming a changed man, after initiation - should I prepare for a new husband? lol

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Hi Maya

For the most part, your husband will still be the husband you know. Perhaps, after a while, you may notice that he starts doing the dishes, or starts helping around the house more often.

You will notice that he starts studying a lot suddenly, and will be amazed at how good his memory actually is. Perhaps he will use this newfound knowledge to start memorizing poetry or something. (Personal experience!)

In general, he will probably become more helpful, more tolerant, more understanding, more charitable, and much much more...

... but he'll still be the husband you know and love! Just better!

And you'll have a lot more friends. Good friends, who will never let you down.

He's made the right choice for both of you! Good luck, and enjoy everything that Masonry has to offer!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join