It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's New Carrier Killer Missile Now GLOBAL Weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The follow article is from a defense official at the well respected RAND corp. He explains China's DF-21D could be made into a missile that could be fired land, air and sea. The missile could also be crafted into a range of 13,000 km! Glad I don't have a son serving in the US navy.....

the-diplomat.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I don't understand why we must make enemies everywhere. This missile is clearly defensive in nature. CARRIERS are offensive. They just wish to protect their waters just like anyone with the means to do so should.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think I am more worried it could be shipped to Iran or NK

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
thats nice, what we need to do is get a flawless missile defense put in place. one that will blow up any and all incoming missile. also why do we have so many places around the world that hate us?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NISMOALTI
thats nice, what we need to do is get a flawless missile defense put in place. one that will blow up any and all incoming missile. also why do we have so many places around the world that hate us?

They would just make a better bomb. To answer your question about the world hating us, maybe because our corporate government start wars over seas just for monetary gain? Maybe because our foreign policy relies heavily on imperialism. Because our politicians think we have to be in war to keep the profits flowing and the wheels of the military industrial complex turning. All wars are fruitless. All war machines are useless.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Iran already has a ready supply of suburn and yakhontz missiles. they are more than sufficient to eliminate the gulf as a place where the us can operate its ships with total iimpugnity.........
Perhaps a longer range missile would be nice, but Iran is fast aproaching home grown production of such things.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Iran already has a ready supply of suburn and yakhontz missiles. they are more than sufficient to eliminate the gulf as a place where the us can operate its ships with total iimpugnity.........
Perhaps a longer range missile would be nice, but Iran is fast aproaching home grown production of such things.

Which is exactly why America wants to attack Iran to stifle capitalistic competition in the defense industry. there is no other reason. If they just wanted to protect Americans they probably shouldn't have killed 3000 of us on 911

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by travis911
I think I am more worried it could be shipped to Iran or NK

Iran and NK do not have a central bank that is why you are worried. Just like Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya never... They are prizes for the banking cartel that is why we get so many negative stories about them.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Our American carriers are outmoded technologies. UCAVs and robotics are the future, I can just feel it. A simultaneous attack by three of these would annihilate a carrier. The Chinese are working on sensitive optical satellites to assist these missiles:

China has recently launched a series of satellites to support its ASBM efforts:[citation needed]
* Yaogan-VII electro-optical satellite - 9 December 2009
* Yaogan-VIII synthetic aperture radar satellite - 14 December 2009
* Yaogan-IX Naval Ocean Surveillance System (NOSS) constellation (3 satellites in formation) - 5 March 2010.[18]

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 20-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
so is the df 12 a icbm? meaning that it will look like a nuclear missle launch when launched so whats the point of a missle that looks like your launching a nuke to your enemies?as pretty much the universal response for it looks like a nuke launch to launch actual nukes at the place that launched what looked like a real one?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by travis911
The follow article is from a defense official at the well respected RAND corp. He explains China's DF-21D could be made into a missile that could be fired land, air and sea. The missile could also be crafted into a range of 13,000 km! Glad I don't have a son serving in the US navy.....

the-diplomat.com...

That would have to be one massive multistage missile. Is it possible to launch an icbm thesedays with pinpoint accuracy?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

eh accuracy aside its a horrible idea to launch what looks like a nuclear icbm when its just a conventional weapon as 80% of the nuclear powers in the world could launch nukes to retaliate against a conventional missle at least if it appears to be a possible nuclear capible icbm

new topics

top topics

join