It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$400/gallon to $1000/gallon for Gasoline for US troops in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This is an old story but this may be even higher now that Pakistan has shut Nato supply routes, this number could be easily higher. The thousand dollar value reflects the cost of fully burdened fuel, meaning it includes security among many other things.

thehill.com...

The Pentagon pays an average of $400 to put a gallon of fuel into a combat vehicle or aircraft in Afghanistan. The statistic is likely to play into the escalating debate in Congress over the cost of a war that entered its ninth year last week.

If you lost a Tanker truck that would cost you around 7000 gallons x $400 = 2.8 million dollars of fuel on the Low end of the spectrum, that is one tanker fully loaded. If we look to Slayers thread, he is saying that those costs are increasing rapidly. Is it worth it?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
A tank takes about 30 gallons of fuel, just to start up.
Thats 12,000 on the low end
30,000 on the high end. Probably more come to think of it.

Thats a lot of money for fuel. Seems like someone is making a huge profit.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

who owns Halliburton, is it still the Bush /Chaney or did they sell it? but that is how would have the pockets filled with taxpayer $$$$$$$$

edit on 20-1-2012 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
well has any one broke down the cost to ship it from where they refine it at? cus at $400 a gallon i could do it for half the price, and still stop working in 2 or 4 years. they are just some greedy bastards who rape every one of us tax payers with out lube.

the real question is how do we change this? AS FAR AS I KNOW WE DONT!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Yup massive scam....and the reason USA is always at war....MONEY.

A few are getting very rich from the conflicts, thats why there is always someone else lined up when they decide to abandon a warzone. The money runs dry for the contractors, so a new war solves the problems.

USA...UK...most western countries are the same. War, death and destruction pay...and pay BIG.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

As you said, it's safe to say that this price has gone up since 2009. I bet it's at least doubled due to prices sky rocketing since then, and the Pakistani route that was blocked must have had a huge impact as well. I kind of feel bad for the kids who are over there fighting for their corporate overlords.

I read a report that food rations were abundant so at least they won't starve.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Tell me about it, a tanker full of 3-5 million dollars worth of fuel, going up in flames...crazy

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Simple , outside the box solution.

Why not just give all the board members of these Merc companies 1 billion dollars each.

Then they wont need to have false wars , to line there pockets.

Troops are home, no one is killed , and the US will save TRILLONS of taxpayer money. Win Win Win

Just a thought, start with giving Romney a Billion, or its Iran .

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

well,this is good for the taxpayer that has no say, bad for the ones making the judgment call "to war to war, Trillions to be made" why should they get billions when as you put

and the US will save TRILLIONS of taxpayer money. Win Win Win
to them this is lose lose lose = one big loss, when they might be getting TRILLIONS in their fat pockets

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

The Pentagon has awarded an Afghanistan fuel supply contract worth a potential $630m (£388 million) to Mina Corp, a highly secretive company which refuses to disclose its ownership and whose role is under investigation by the US Congress.

November 2011

Apparently, we award fuel contracts to corporations under investigation by our own congress.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Wow, awarding a secret government contract for fuel to an unknown company. How much do you want to be that our government has stakes in that company, like what if it was owned by Cheney, or Gingrich etc.

top topics

join