It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Newt Gingrich is again the favorite to win the South Carolina Republican Primary

page: 2
1
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
They are not too bright down there in South Carolina. Ever been there? WHOA!


Whoever they pick, is surely the one to stay far away from. Deep south is quite backwards so its only likely that they will support the most backwards candidate. No surprise here, I predicted this to myself before it was known.

Backwards folks, = picking most backwards candidate. *SIGH*.



edit on 20-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)


Not backward, but about 150 years out of their comfort zone.

If Newt declared during the debate that he would have black men put in chains to work the fields, in order to teach them some work ethic rather than feeding off the food stamp president; the crowd would explode in cheers. You all know it's true.




posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
They are not too bright down there in South Carolina. Ever been there? WHOA!


Whoever they pick, is surely the one to stay far away from. Deep south is quite backwards so its only likely that they will support the most backwards candidate. No surprise here, I predicted this to myself before it was known.

Backwards folks, = picking most backwards candidate. *SIGH*.



edit on 20-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)


Not backward, but about 150 years out of their comfort zone.

If Newt declared during the debate that he would have black men put in chains to work the fields, in order to teach them some work ethic rather than feeding off the food stamp president; the crowd would explode in cheers. You all know it's true.


Oh you are so right, because all of us from SC are just racist, tobacco spitting, mudd stomping good ole boys right?
Talk about uneducated. So what historically pristine location are you from? Or has Google yet to add Throne of The Ivory Tower to their map to make it a legitimate location? Give me a break.



posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This news does not shock me one bit. I have noticed over the last week a big shift. I personally think we have all been had. Most of us believed Romney was the Establishment choice, and maybe that was true, but I do not believe he is any longer. It is my belief the real choice is Newt and there is a build up in the media right now to gain him support. This even includes the so called "campaign imploding" interview from ABC. I was hoping to have a thread put together by now on this subject, but with work and life I have not had much time to do anything but save links and information that I intended to use for that thread.

Watching this whole process, I am reminded of a quote, "It doesn't matter who the people voted for, they always vote for us." The fix is in. The sheep are being steered and lead, and judging from some of the applause during the debates I can't help but think it may just work again. Voters need to be smart and very careful right now. Do not vote for a great sounding 20 second soundbyte. Stop and think for yourself, and remember the words of John Quincy Adams who said, "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost."



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian
 


[quote[It may regional as I'm sure areas such as jacksonville, orlando, the panhandle, they tend to be more closely aligned the the deep solid red south.

That's correct, and that is also where I'm from. But, my opinion was also coming from the results of the 2010 election when the Tea Party dominated every race. Also Herman Cain's performance in the Straw Poll, and also I think Newt appeals to the older retirees we have here.



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
These primaries are done all wrong.


EVERY state should have their primary at the same time. Seems that South Carolina and Florida are the states that have 'the say' in who gets on the tickets. (and it seems they have a habit of picking morons .. but perhaps that's because the fields are usually full of morons .. ) By the time the primaries get to the rest of the states ... it's already been decided. It sucks.



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Wow, even drudgereport has a lead story about how America hates Newt. I mean really, who likes a guy with the name Newt? Was his mom mad at him on his birthday?

Furthermore, my name is Filbert McGee and I'm announcing my presidential run. I will make sure aspirin is outlawed and people who don't follow my religion, Creationology, are tortured.
McGee for 2012!!



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salamandy
Wow, even drudgereport has a lead story about how America hates Newt.


Newt is short for Newton.

I heard today that most of the people voting for him are men. Women can't stand the man. He is on his third wife ... having cheated on the first two and having abandoned them for the next thing to come along. Then at the debate he got all riled up because the CNN commentator asked him about it. Newt actually tried to make the CNN guy look bad .. when it was NEWT who was the bad guy for telling lies and cheating etc etc ...
Newt is freak'n brilliant when it comes to politics and what is going on in the world, but he's a liar and a cheat and an opportunist and a corruptocrat. So yes .. many people can't stand him .. and most of them are women I'd bet.



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DeafeningSilence
 


Well I can tell you that when I visited family in SC, we were told of how the KKK showed up to protest the NCAA tourney being held at the Gamecocks gym. To be fair, I've also heard of a definite KKK prescence in NC.
On the brighter side, South Carolinans have Zaxby chicken fast food joints.



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer
 


does anybody but me think that the opening of said debate was staged...or at least originated (leaked out by) by the Newt Train....it all went down oh so conveniently



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Anybody but Romney.

I'd rather see them dig up the corpses of Gadaffi and Hussein, use multiple parts between them to create a Frankenstein monster, toss Hitler's brain in its head, and put that freak in the White House instead of Mitt Romney.

Romney is just another rich, greedy, arrogant, power-hungry bastard with a black hole for an appetite. He wants more power, more authority, and more prestige to fill his bottomless ego. The White House is a social-rank to him--a status symbol and little more.

There are no limits to the corrupt, predictable stench of American politics and greed.



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DeafeningSilence
 


No no. I didn;t include any of the things you included. What is an actual fact, is that the debate audience continually cheers and applauds for the death of others, not abiding by the golden rule, and that somehow white people are not the most receiving food stamps. That children should be janitors and that the NAACP would proudly endorse Newt Gingrich teaching them some work ethic.

That happened. I am not declaring that the people of SC are backward backy spittin' hayseeds. I am saying that their choice of when to applaud is extremely alarming at best.



posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly
Anybody but Romney.

I'd rather see them dig up the corpses of Gadaffi and Hussein, use multiple parts between them to create a Frankenstein monster, toss Hitler's brain in its head, and put that freak in the White House instead of Mitt Romney.

Romney is just another rich, greedy, arrogant, power-hungry bastard with a black hole for an appetite. He wants more power, more authority, and more prestige to fill his bottomless ego. The White House is a social-rank to him--a status symbol and little more.

There are no limits to the corrupt, predictable stench of American politics and greed.




Not a Romney fan then ??



Cosmic..



new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 1   >>

log in

join