It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Preppers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is a show that will start running on NatGeo on February 7, 2012. It looks interesting.

And if any ATSers are on the show, fess up! ;p

Doomsday Preppers explores the lives of otherwise ordinary Americans who are preparing for the end of the world as we know it. Unique in their beliefs, motivations, and strategies, preppers will go to whatever lengths they can to make sure they are prepared for any of life’s uncertainties. And with our expert’s assessment, they will find out their chances of survival if their worst fears become a reality.

NatGeo

Who knows, maybe we will learn something new.

edit on 20-1-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'll never tell....

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Theres a thread of this already with some good responces.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I saw them put up a short youtube clip promoting this... so I decided to search youtube, and found a full hour(ish) long episode of it(Im assuming a previous episode?)

Ill just post the first of 4 parts, the others are easy to find by watching it on youtube

Its a neat vid I hadnt seen before and it gave some nice ideas... I even have been following the one guy on this show(SouthernPrepper1) Who is one of the guys who teamed up with another family to live off the land mostly... Great vid, Im looking forward to the new episode

EDIT: Ok so here is the clip promoting this new episode on feb 7th

It seems like they are bringing in the Dervaes family (Urban Homestead/Path to Freedom) who produce 6000 lbs of food a year on 1/10 acre garden and live off the grid mostly...

edit on 20-1-2012 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

whoops! sorry didn't see it.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Since the other thread is under a different forum heading than survival I think this thread will be allowed to stay.

That said this is the best, most informational show on survival preparedness I've ever seen,

Everyone should watch it, probably more than once as each segment details how people living in different areas with varying circumstances are making their own preparations.
I've only watched the first 3 segments and so far the only thing missing is true outdoor survival skills. Everyone should have them as your plans to bug-in may prove to be untenable at some point. That means being able to survive in the woods indefinitely with little more than a knife. Everything else is a luxury that you may not be able to rely on including firearms and water filters.

Even if you only have a passing interest in survival watch these shows.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Wasn't this the show that ATS Admin was looking for volunteers a year or so ago? I don't know what ever came of that, but I threw my name in the hat for my own family.

It would be interesting to see if any ATSers were selected for the show!!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That was for history channel (I think), don't remember Nat'l Geo being mentioned.
I would remember if it was since I know one of their senior editors.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Personally...I think they all just failed...OPSEC.
Folks there houses, names and what they have was just put out for everyone to see.
I don't care if they get a tank to protect themselves....they just told the whole world..they have a lot of preps.

It was great to see the ideas and set ups, but faces, names, stockpiles and locations is a HUGE NO NO.
Good info though...too bad they didn't block out faces and instead of saying the state, town and the house...say northern US or southern US.

Everything they are planning for...because of the show... might make things a whole lot tougher.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by nixie_nox

Wasn't this the show that ATS Admin was looking for volunteers a year or so ago? I don't know what ever came of that, but I threw my name in the hat for my own family.

It would be interesting to see if any ATSers were selected for the show!!

I just commented on the other thread that got closed about that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ATS Members:

We've been contact by a major cable television network and their production company, primarily on the strength of what you have been posting in our Survival Forum. This network is currently putting together a show that highlights the ubiquitous nature of preparing for regional, national, and global disasters. They're looking for our help in casting singles, couples, or even entire families. The show will be a documentary that profiles a broad range of Americans who preparing for these types of disasters in extraordinary yet necessary ways. If selected, you may play an important role in educating the general public on the rationale for preparedness as well as what steps can be taken to start preparing now. If you'd like to be considered for the show, you must be over 18 years of age and living within the United States. Please contact me via private message for more information, and the contact information of the casting company if you fit their need.

But,according to SO,it just kind of faded away and never happened.
Or did it?????

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

My name is Gloria Haswell now Gloria Range. I am on episode 1 the video clip with the bug out. We teach classes on prepping and survival. Since students attend classes at our farm we knew we were already open to the public. We considered opsec when we started teaching and taught at another location and it was hard for students to comprehend that we really did all of the things we said we did. So we feel that it is more important to spread the knowledge of prepardness then hiding in a hole and protecting what we have gathered. I tell students every class that stuff can be taken away the knowledge you have in your head is there forever and that is how you will survive.
Our website is www.reliancecommunityfarms.com I have just rebuilt it so there are only a couple of articles at this time.
Gloria Range.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If they are real preppers, then they are very kind people. Most preppers wouldn't reveal that they're real preppers, but these people are kind enough to help and show what they have to help inlfuence other people to prep.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
i wish i had that channel so i can watch that if theres a way to view it online can someone tell me(:
and i already know what i would do would it work maybe but thats only for me to find out haha.

top topics

join