It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current National Security threats. Help, need to find an article please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
OK, I am like totally clueless as to what to come up with for a paper, that is a current National Security threat. I thought phobos grunt was, but I guess it's not. A mars mission from Russia doesn't count.

I wonder would the stealing of the rods of the nuclear weapons out in Egypt be a good idea to write a paper on?

What sucks, I can't write about something, that another student will be writing. So, if that student is writing about that, then I have to come up with another idea.

Any suggestions would be nice, but I need to find an article, read it, and write about it. Hoping to get his approved and done within the next day.

It can't be a conspiracy either.

Anything unique going on?

Thank you.
edit on 20-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

The subject of National Security threats casts a wide net. If this is a subject for a school paper, about all you can do is offer a range of possible threats and possible ways to negate them.

The deal is, you have to minimize it to a select few otherwise you’ll end up writing forever. Which would lead to hand cramps or worst carpal tunnel.

When I was in the military, I was assigned to a "school" that envisioned potential terror attacks. We were to design them and implement them (on paper) and briefed them to our superiors.

It was a interesting, fun and yet frightening time. You could say, I "awoke" during this time.

Pick five scenarios and stick with them is my opinion. That way you can concentrate. Good luck.

Try Chinas influence in Africa, and how it effects the world economy.
edit on 20-1-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I got to thinking...and your criteria does make for a challenge with no conspiracy theory material allowed.

I did think of one topic which may work though..and it's so recent, you may be alone in taking on the topic. How about looking at the Keystone Pipeline deal from the aspect of United States National Security as it relates to energy policy and dependence on foreign oil? It seems the domestic availability or lack thereof is directly related to the level of interest and hostilities for controlling said Oil overseas.

If Oil and the steady and affordable supply of it isn't a legitimate national security issue, then what are all the wars and death around the Middle East really about at the core of the issues?

I hope that helps?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Man, why does this have to be so hard?

Thanks for the ideas.

As soon as I have Idea, I can go from there.
edit on 20-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Simple but relevant ones
Civil order ( occupy )
Hacking ( annon , china )
The sherifs resisting the Feds ?
Euro missile defence shield - went live in turkey the other day ?
The militias?
The Mexican border
Just a few off the top of my head

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
it you are going to use a list format, be sure to include religious fanatics... and call it 'that'; not muslim terrorist...

Aside from that, enjoy... sounds like a fun topic for writing...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
im doing basically the same topic for a history paper

open ended topic but i was favoring a suggested topic "national security prolicy of george bush"
i was going to expand on it to having a thesis statement of

"the notion of national security has evolved since world war two into the materialization of Eisenhower's warning of a great potential for a disastrous rise of misplaced power now existing within the structures of society and councils of government by unwarranted influence by the military industrial context since the dawn of the new millennia"

that should make it easy to still leave the essay open to multiple conspiracies and be able to wrap up many actual National security issues and how the term has been perverted to insure the fall of the republic

top topics

join