It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's New Job Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Obama wants to ease Visa restrictions to boost tourism from countries like China and Brazil by 40% in 2012. This could supposedly create over 1 million jobs in the "tourism" industry but I think that is a drop in the bucket compared to jobs lost.

Americans need to get back to work. If we can not provide meaningful work for birth born citizens who have done nothing but work all their lives only to be taxed to death and lost their tax revenue to dishonest companies and the Federal Government in a federal bailout then why on earth would Obama be able to justify bringing more foreigners here with eased restrictions in hope to create jobs?

So let me see if we got this straight. We are outsourcing our oil jobs to Brazil and then we are going to invite them here to spend their American dollars?

Not to mention the fact that Florida and Disneyworld already has the highest concentration of foreigners on US Soil. It is one of the biggest gateways to drug traffic among other things.

Hey Obama, if we are fighting terrorism then why is it that you are making it easier for people to come here and harder for Americans to compete in the job market?

www.reuters.com...

Obama announced the modest package of reforms at the Disney World theme park in Florida, a state whose economy is heavily dependent on the tourist industry.

The state, closely divided between Democrats and Republicans, will be a crucial battleground in November, when Obama faces a re-election vote that may hinge on Americans' perceptions of his handling of the economy.

The American tourism industry and business groups have long advocated an easing of visa restrictions that were tightened in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001, attacks.

Standing on "Main Street" in Disney's Magic Kingdom with Cinderella's castle in the background, Obama said he was making the visa changes to try to help spur American job growth.

"I want America to be the top tourist destination in the world," Obama said. "The more folks who visit America, the more Americans we get back to work. It is that simple."

The White House estimated that more than 1 million U.S. jobs could be created in the next decade if the country increased its share of the international travel market.

Foreign visitors generated $134 billion in 2010, making it the largest U.S. service export industry, the Commerce Department said. The number of tourists from emerging economies with growing middle classes like China, Brazil and India is projected to grow sharply in coming years.

Among the steps announced on Thursday:

* An order for the government to increase non-immigrant visa processing capacity in China and Brazil by 40 percent in 2012, ensuring that 80 percent of applicants are interviewed within three weeks and expanding visa waiver programs.

* A pilot program to simplify and speed the visa process for applicants from China and Brazil, including the ability to waive interviews for low-risk applicants.

I honestly think that as Americans we should stop asking Obama do do anything in regards to the economy. The more we ask him to do, the worse he does to the economy.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Just to follow up on my OP, I think this a prelude to a war on US soil if nothing else.

A final nail in the coffin to the US economy and a green light for other nations to come here and kill us.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The O has already shown his hatred of the American people and recently demonstrated his willingness to block any attempt at real job growth here.

LOL, ok. If he did support any type of job growth here, this would be "The Industry" he would choose. Very low pay, no benefits, crappy hours. The total package as far as massah O is concerned.
edit on 20-1-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I tried to guess what his new job plan would be before reading the article. I came up with something like "We need to start talking about getting jobs back in this state! Now, the Repubs are keeping me from doing it! Let's start talking about getting people back to work!" *exit stage right. The "fast passes" are ready*

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Obama is doing for America what Bubba does to the new prisoners in cellblock Z.

Only Obama doesn't want to "spoon" afterwards!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Based on the topic...I was going to say "What Job Plan?" since he just denied the Keystone Pipeline project that would have brought over 100,000 jobs, more than $150 million in tax revenue and the $300 million in personal income that would lead in boosting the economy.

I'm still waiting on ole Barry to make Kenya the 51st state so his family members will no longer be living illegally.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I found this article on Google News.

Funny thing is, I have heard nothing about NDAA, SOPA or THIS in the MSM. I have heard nothing but election coverage. It makes me sick to my stomach that ALL networks are turning a blind eye to these developments.

Also if terrorism is such a problem, then why are we making it easier for them to come here?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Obamas Job Plan:

Step one: Stop all the oil drilling that you possibly can and take 4 years to decide on Canadian pipeline.
Make a joke about shovel ready jobs.Give millions to green energy companies that go bankrupt.

Step Two: ............................................ummmmmmm..................

Step three : Jobs!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Obamas Job Plan:

Step one: Stop all the oil drilling that you possibly can and take 4 years to decide on Canadian pipeline.
Make a joke about shovel ready jobs.Give millions to green energy companies that go bankrupt.

Step Two: ............................................ummmmmmm..................

Step four: American people, you have giving me almost 4 years to destroy your country. If you give me 4 more years I can make my dream COMPLETE and uphold that promise of "Change" I gave you back in 2008.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

Now I wonder if he steps this plan up if this could in fact influence elections.

ahem...I mean election results.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Obamas Job Plan:

Yes, but the jobs go to China, Taiwan, India, South Korea, Brazil.....everywhere but here.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

LOL, ok. If he did support any type of job growth here, this would be "The Industry" he would choose. Very low pay, no benefits, crappy hours. The total package as far as massah O is concerned.
edit on 20-1-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

In all honesty, judging by actions alone, that seems like a conservative's 'wet dream' for the American worker. You know, burden further the already burdened so that those living in the lap of luxury can live more plush.

...because they are, after all, the "job-creators"
... Yep RIIIIIGHT. To that one, I ask, WHERE ARE THE JOBS? They have had one heck of a holiday with the Bush FREE-RIDE corporate-welfare in the past several years amounting in LOTS of bonuses for big-shots and for jobs... what jobs??? WHERE? WHERE?

edit on 20-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
So we increase tourism and get a million new jobs. Those would be Waiter, hotel staff, trinket sales on the beach, and lets not forget hookers for all those tourists to exploit.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rlrsar
So we increase tourism and get a million new jobs. Those would be Waiter, hotel staff, trinket sales on the beach, and lets not forget hookers for all those tourists to exploit.

They could always legalize pot and put a large tax on it. That would sure generate billions of dollars for the governement.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

I don't see what a conservative would have to gain from any of Obamas policies. For that matter I don't see what any liberal stands to gain. We all lose.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

give tax payer dollars to banks and big corps and tell them to hire and pay/loan in back to us, oh yeah that still isn't working.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

I don't see what a conservative would have to gain from any of Obamas policies. For that matter I don't see what any liberal stands to gain. We all lose.

Once again, I must illustrate Obama's plan using the Cloward-Piven Strategy.

The Cloward/Piven Strategy is named after Columbia University sociologists Richard Andrew Cloward and Frances Fox Piven. Their goal is to overthrow capitalism by overwhelming the government bureaucracy with entitlement demands. The created crisis provides the impetus to bring about radical political change.

According to Discover the Networks.org:

Rather than placating the poor with government hand-outs, wrote Cloward and Piven, activists should work to sabotage and destroy the welfare system; the collapse of the welfare state would ignite a political and financial crisis that would rock the nation... [Emphasis added.]

www.americanthinker.com...

He doesn't want to allow the pipeline to create jobs. That would mean less dependence on government. What he wants, is to create more low level jobs that'll keep people relying on government for supplimental aide.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I just love it that our government wants to speed up the process and make it easier for people from other countries to visit the US, all the while monitoring American citizens. And that bit about the ability to waive interviews for low-risk applicants...that is just awesome.

/sarcasm off/

Seriously, does anyone know how they determine who is low-risk and who is high-risk? Why can't they make that determination about their own citizens rather than having to spy on all of us? Speaking of spying...was it not the Patriot Act that gave the government the power to spy on its own citizens? Was the Patriot Act not established in response to 911? According to the government, 911 was committed by terrorists who came from, you guessed it, other countries.

Don't get me wrong - I have no problem with tourism or folks from other countries visiting here. I have a problem with a government that says all of its own citizens are potential terrorists who are not to be trusted and need to be watched and monitored while people from other countries are "low-risk"... Seems to me to be completely backwards...not to mention the fact that this is not going to create the quantity or quality of jobs that this country desperately needs...
edit on 20-1-2012 by DustbowlDebutante because: spelling

top topics

join