It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEA Party FOR Obama???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I can't tell if this site is for real or if these guys are real members of the TEA party (Is there really such a thing as the real TEA party?) but, they claim to be TEA partiers who are disgusted with the Republican candidates and have decided to throw their support to Obama.

Who should we vote for in primaries?

The GOP Primary field is now half the size it was when we the people decided nobody was worth supporting and made the mind changing decision to support Obama.

Although we the people have made the decision to support our President despite some disagreements, many of us are still Republicans and still have a vote. So the choice is, do we vote for the candidate who will certainly lose to Obama? Or do we vote for the candidate we think will be ‘the best of the worst’ should something bad happen. (A highly unlikely Obama loss.)

Tea Party for Obama

Looks like they're endorsing voting for the guy most likely to lose against Obama in the primaries. If they are for this guy, I wonder why they don't just change parties and get it over with?

They even go on to say that Obama has actually SHRUNK the size of government, citing a study by a "Conservative Militia" which they conveniently fail to provide a link to:

Government Actually Shrinking

We wouldn’t believe it if it were not true. It looks like there is now a graph circulating that indicates Government is actually shrinking!
We all know for a fact that State and Local Governments have been reducing for the past couple of years but now there seems to be some indication that the Federal Government is reducing at a nominal clip. Our friends at the conservative institute known as the Conservative Militia has come out with a shocking graph that may indicate a profound shift in how our country does business.

Knowing that more government is not the answer, it seems like the Obama administration is taking their promise to reduce the size of government seriously. Which begs the question, why are we spending so much hot air on RINOs and some of these go-along to get-along “conservatives” when our moderate leaders are quietly accomplishing our country’s goals?

Shrinking

Acoording to the website, Obama's policies fall in line with their four points of calling:

Our 4 points of calling

Reduce the size and intrusiveness of government
Did you notice Obama just set forth a plan to reduce a number of superfluous agencies into one streamlined unit to make doing business easier?
also check out our story from earlier

Cease out-of-control spending
Last time we checked, Congress is in charge of spending. The President can submit proposals and such, but it is Congress by virtue of the United States Constitution that sets the spending AND increases the debt ceiling.

Bring back American prosperity
It may be slow, but we are pulling out of the recession that we all helped create.

Stop raising our taxes
Last time we checked, Obama forced GOP in Congress to approve tax cuts for payroll.

As much as the mainstream media would like you to believe, the Tea Party is not all a bunch of morons.

Four Points

Is this a real group of disaffected TEA partiers or is this some type of left-wing group pretending to be TEA partiers trying to spin Obama in a light conservatives may support?

edit on 1/20/12 by FortAnthem because:
_________ extra DIV

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
They are "for" Obama but will vote for ..

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Definitely not of the same mindset of our Tea Party in Tallahassee.

But, the name isn't connected to any one particular group, so they are just as legitimate as anyone else I suppose. Kind of like the WBC people calling themselves "Christians."

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
T.I.N.O Teaparty in name only

New word choice don't care what people call themselves them :voting for Obama says it all and it says posers.

The largest power grab of American History under this current administration which has increased power and spent more money than the last guy did.

Funny guess the OWSers didn't work out for him.
edit on 20-1-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I cry foul! good sir.

This is the biggest load of rubbish since Pelosi said that unemployment creates jobs.

Bull dooky!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
LEFTY ALERT - LEFTY ALERT

That is quite a bus for such a small group of people that just started this so-called party up.

It reminds me of a cover bands 1st gig at a bar, pulling up in a tour bus.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I have to admit that this is actually pretty freakin' hilarious. If it's real, then I'm surprised they wouldn't simply be Dr. Paul supporters who happen to sympathize with Obama (like me).

I'm pretty sure it's all parody or, at least, just a bunch of lefties trying to make a point (a good one at that). Their point is that many of the major wishes of the Tea Party are actually being fulfilled by Obama much more effectively than with Bush (who they, for the most part, supported).

I can't fault the Tea Party for not supporting Obama but I can fault them for supporting the likes of Bush, Palin, and Bachmann while condemning Obama and ignoring Ron Paul. That is hypocrisy and this site points that out, if nothing else.

new topics

top topics

join