It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention Whores

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
[snipped]

Many centurys ago while I was attending high school one of my classes was "Public Speaking", ( I did fail spelling )
My teacher explained a term he used to assist in public speaking, C.A.A.C. Which stands for , Catch Attention and Arouse Curiousity. His use of the term has stuck with me and has been used every day since.The term really jumped out at me in the 90's when more people started to express themselves more with actions than words, and has lost it's impact.
A persons words or actions and the way they dressed use to have a meaning a purpose or a strongly rooted belief, today everything seems to scream, LOOK AT ME !
When posting on any internet site , C.A.A.C. is important in the title if you want others to read your post .
C.A.A.C. is loved and abused by trolls with their comments to peak emotions and lure people into a thread,
only to highjack a thread or just kill it , and having fun doing it.
Even being aware people will still be lured in, C.A.A.C. will always be good bait.

edit on Fri Jan 20 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: off topic remarks removed by staff

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

I thought this was another Sarah Palin thread. jk

But using your CAAC is a way to get people to come to read your point of view, I dont necessary see it as being a attention monger

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

I thought this was another Sarah Palin thread. jk

But using your CAAC is a way to get people to come to read your point of view, I dont necessary see it as being a attention monger

HAHA!

I was just answering the "call to duty!"

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
...oops, thought your title was a request

But seriously, isn't your title a perfect example of the point you're making?

The way I see it, C.A.A.C. is a necessity if you want to communicate on a site like this, given the sheer volume of topics and threads out there. Nothing wrong with that, it's when people want to catch your attention just for the sake of being noticed I can't stand. Everyone wants to be a celeb these days...

Peace...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pudd99

My post is in regards to the extreme people are going in how they act ,speak, advertise, report news and post on line. It appears to have gone over the heads of the mods who moved it to off-topics to kill the discussion instead of a more appropriate topic heading.Mods know best.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Yeah, I totally get your point, a lot of people don't like things like facts, resources and information getting in the way of their desire to troll and provoke others, and it is very much a 'look at me' culture.

I've noticed a lot of threads these days with sensationalist titles and little or no worthwhile content, and numerous attempts to derail other people's threads for no reason other than 'I'm here to say look at me.'

I think it's a reflection on society in general, and the way that the mass explosion of media of every form has changed the culture of our younger generation. I saw a good thread about this a while ago(can't remember the title, not good with details), about iPod culture(there's no such thing as a wePod...).

Anyhow, just my two cents.

Peace...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pudd99

Thank you. You get the point !

new topics

top topics

join