It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s with Protestants and Catholics and their hate of knowledge?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by HeFrippedMeOff

I encourage you to truly study Christ and the Bible. See if you can find fault with him, and when you can't, let Him into your heart. Let us not lean on our own understanding but on the understanding of truth in God as we know Him through our one and only true example, Jesus the Christ of God.

edit on 23-1-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: typo

Let's do that if you like.

Jesus said, let no man put asunder. IOW, there is no divorce.

Would you tell some wife who gets beat twice a week that she cannot divorce her husband?

Was Jesus offering a fair and workable policy?

Regards
DL

(Matthew 19:8 [Jesus] saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

(Matthew 5:32) But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

(1 Corinthians 7:16) For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband?...

There is much in regards to the personal inner-workings of individuals and relationships that hasn't been identified in this real life situation. Nevertheless, overcoming the situation is more than possible and can be done without divorce. If she is a believer in Christ then her husbands peace and salvation are of the utmost to her just as our peace and salvation was of the utmost to Christ while he was being beaten beyond the point of recognition with a whip of nine tails having hooks and glass on the ends.
edit on 23-1-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I encourage you to truly study Christ and the Bible. See if you can find fault with him, and when you can't, let Him into your heart. Let us not lean on our own understanding but on the understanding of truth in God as we know Him through our one and only true example, Jesus the Christ of God.

Would you tell some wife who gets beat twice a week that she cannot divorce her husband?

Regards
DL

I respond to this as a matter of denying ignorance and in opposition to an implied accusation that Jesus wasn't being fair.

In Jesus time women were not allowed to get a divorce, only men, that was the law.

Divorce, of course, also was a simple matter, to be initiated only by the man. In both situations, women were basically chattels to be collected or dismissed as the man was able and wished to. The double moral standard was flagrantly apparent. Jesus rejected both by insisting on monogamy and the elimination of divorce.

www.godswordtowomen.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by Greatest I am

reply to post by Greatest I am

I have done enough reading about Gnosticism to satisfy my inferior intellect. You posted no earth shattering information. Knowledge and wisdom are two very different things. I am wise enough to know wisdom is the better of the two.

Japanese Proverb: Knowledge without wisdom is a load of books on the back an ass.

Yet your bible says that without knowledge wisdom cannot be ascertained.

You might remember that in Eden,it was a tree of knowledge, not a tree of wisdom.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

[
There is much in regards to the personal inner-workings of individuals and relationships that hasn't been identified in this real life situation. Nevertheless, overcoming the situation is more than possible and can be done without divorce. If she is a believer in Christ then her husbands peace and salvation are of the utmost to her just as our peace and salvation was of the utmost to Christ while he was being beaten beyond the point of recognition with a whip of nine tails having hooks and glass on the ends.

So women should take the beatings and stay in such a relationship.

Thanks for showing us your Christian morals.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Regards
DL

I respond to this as a matter of denying ignorance and in opposition to an implied accusation that Jesus wasn't being fair.

In Jesus time women were not allowed to get a divorce, only men, that was the law.

Divorce, of course, also was a simple matter, to be initiated only by the man. In both situations, women were basically chattels to be collected or dismissed as the man was able and wished to. The double moral standard was flagrantly apparent. Jesus rejected both by insisting on monogamy and the elimination of divorce.

www.godswordtowomen.org...

Thanks for ignoring the question.
That speaks volumes about Christian morality.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

[

So women should take the beatings and stay in such a relationship.

Thanks for showing us your Christian morals.

Regards
DL

Don't be so hardhearted friend,

1 Corinthians 7:10-16 "To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

But if the unbeliever leaves, let him do so. A believing man or woman is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace. How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?"

I'm sorry if your judgment of my morality based on a limited understanding of Christ has caused you any distress but the problem and immorality isn't with Christ or scripture but with us and the ways we choose to follow that are contrary to Christ and his will. And like I said before, there is much about this hypothetical situation one left out but the answer is available. Even still, the morality of the matter would be to remain faithful to a promise made under God to Love through the good and bad. To endure a situation unto redemption of a relationship and a soul. There are righteous ways to be tried before the reverting to divorce.

I'm sorry if this hypothetical is personal to you. My parents divorced when I was 3. Until I was 7 my mom dated a jealous, abusive alcoholic who beat her, cut our phone lines, broke down doors, and pulled a gun on my now stepdad in front of me and my two siblings. My "stepdad" was a hippy pothead athiest with all sorts of problems but my mom stuck it out with him and now he knows Christ and His unconditional love.

The fault isn't with Jesus, it's with us, and that's what the question was about.

edit on 31-1-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: quotes

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join