It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia Mom Arrested for Allowing 10-Year-Old to Get Tattoo

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Seriously folks?

All the people that are against allowing a 10 year old to tattoo themselves raise your hands.

Now the same people that raised their hands, did you have your son's circumcised?

Or wait your daughters ears pierced?
edit on 21-1-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
A 10 year old is'nt old enough to understand the permanence of his decision. Let the kid wait 8 more years and he can tattoo anything he wants to.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
as a tattoo artist,i totally agree with the charges. HE IS 10!!! he is too young to make decisions like this on his own.
this is a form of child abuse. no joke.

Hence parental consent. And no it's not child abuse. Government forcing drugs on our kids is child abuse.

what she gonna do for little johnny next,buy him a gun,let him borrow the car,get laid!!!

Nice comparison if one is a fool. Apples and Oranges.

this is so stupid,and the 'artist' that worked on him should be arrested as well,have all his equipment taken from him,and banned from ever working as a tattoo artist again,by the law and the art community as a whole.
you seem to be upset the mother got arrested! i'm puzzled by this!

WOW! Pro totalitarianism I see. No wonder you are puzzled about individual liberty and freedom.

you would do the same for your 10 year old child?

No, I would not, and that is irrelevant, to what someone else does. (individual liberty)

sorry,this is wrong,and i'm sure i'm not alone thinking this.

Oh no you are not alone in loving totalitarianism. There are many, hence our voting record and the dictatorial powers of our executive office.

i have had 14 year old girls come for a tattoo with a note from mommy. i call mommy and they say 'ya,its ok',
then i have to explain THE LAW to them,then every body gets mad at me 'cause i won't do the work!
you have to be 16 with mommy or daddy present to get ink in most places,18 to go by yourself.(check your local laws) but a reputable shop will tell you this. this makes me thing the 'artist' is some dude that just comes to your house to scratch on your skin to make a few bucks for beer or dope.
trust me, i cover up these clowns crap all the time. perhaps it wouldn't hurt for the 10 year old boy to get tested for hepititis or hiv,or the other myriad of other blood diseases out there

Well, here in America you have the right to refuse service. Oh wait they outlawed that, it was racist. So they made a law to allow you to refuse service, but only to kids under 18 no matter what the Mother and Father of the Child consent to.

So, I ask, If there was no law on the books for any age at all for your chosen profession, Would you then be OK with putting your art on the flesh of a child?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Normally don't post much here.....usually spend my time lurking and reading...

I really don't have anything at all to add.....I haven't read through any of the thread yet, just the OP....
I just wanted to say that I agree 110% with the OP....anything else would merely be me parroting his words.

Nice job OP.....

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
ok, we have two issues it seems - a legal and a moral issue - morally, i wouldn't allow my 10 yr old to get a tattoo; however, i also would not allow the f''king government to tell me what is morally right or wrong thru our legislation process -

we have too many laws on the books as it is - too many to keep up with frankly - and this is the problem - most don't even know the laws are passed until someone gets arrested -

this particular law falls under "cruelty to children" - has anyone checked into the devastation the new domestic violence laws have done to families?

2010 Georgia Code TITLE 16 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES CHAPTER 5 - CRIMES AGAINST THE PERSON ARTICLE 5 - CRUELTY TO CHILDREN § 16-5-71 - Tattooing -
law.justia.com...

morally, i wouldn't allow this; however, there should not be a law on the books - georgia is a police state -

o, btw, @sweetnlow - would you please provide links to your statement "georgia is a state of inbreds"? i reserve the right to my own opinion - i seek after the truth and i find that statement questionable and if there is an inkling the whole of georgia get's it own i want to know who's my daddy!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Absolutely incredible is the fact that there are people even on this site that think it is right to arrest the mother. If the kid wanted it, and the mom did not know, it should be up to the tattoo artist to know the law and thus hes responsible.

I think it is just ridiculous to have tattoos k18 in the first place, but hey that is an opinion.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
I personally think this is something the kid is gonna use to appear "hard" rather then just mourning his brother. a first and early step in thug-dom. and is it any surprise they all resemble lil wayne? who's own album cover shows a tatted up kid?

I don't agree with the parenting here.

I disagree with the parenting here too, however, I think I disagree more with the Nanny State controlling every single aspect of our lives and running all over our parental rights. Would you agree with the arrest if it was a girl getting her ears pierced? I'm on the fence though because tattooes can be a health issue. Also I think it is the responsibility of the tattoo establishment to know what the laws are on the books and to act accordingly. I personally would have told the kid that getting a tattoo would make it harder for him to get a job in certain areas and that he should at least wait till he's older.
edit on 21-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Hmmm after reading a few posts, I'm thinking Georgia may have thought it would help keep kids from getting gang tattooes or parents unkowingly allowing their kids a gang related tattoo, in a society where wearing the wrong shoes can get you killed.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Hmmm after reading a few posts, I'm thinking Georgia may have thought it would help keep kids from getting gang tattooes or parents unkowingly allowing their kids a gang related tattoo, in a society where wearing the wrong shoes can get you killed.

Maybe so. Too bad it seems the cop is the only one who didn't know the difference.

Nice to see you posting.

peace

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
'georgia'? i know this encompasses all of georgian's but as one peach i for one have trouble accessing ALL bills introduced into legislation -

take a look - www.legis.ga.gov... - can you keep up?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

I wasn't suggesting the state take the kid, just that the mother get checked out good before they let her resume normal family life. A mother letting a 10 year old do such a thing is not normal. I'd like to know what she was thinking. That's just it - she wasn't thinking. I'd want to ensure the mother has the correct parenting skills so she won't make the same mistake twice. Nothing big brother about that.

If I might,..
What is it, like 80% of the time, when you let the government, state, or law enforcement get involved with your "normal family life" they destroy it. The first thing they do is take the child. And I don't care what anyone says, they do not do it for the well being of the child. They just cant wait to molest a new one. They are always getting busted for molestation, yet no prison sentences, kind of like the churches.

It is all Big Brother, every thing you just said, strange you can't see it. Normal is as normal does I guess. Who has the right to dictate what is normal?
That is why a democracy sucks and is stupid, (Mob Rule). The original Republic was the right Idea. All men created equal.
You don't think she was thinking? She was thinking what ever the hell she wants. She was not thinking like you and that must not be normal.
So you would want to make sure she has the "correct parenting skills"? Seems you are saying make sure she adheres to your value system. Then if she says, "Bite me" What then, take the child because she had the backbone to not be a good little slave?

Let the murdering government judge us, the people, to make sure we are fit to raise our own children? That is nuts. I would never trust any branch of the government with my child.

But just to clarify, I would not let my 10 year old have any tattoos. But that is me and mine.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I heard about this earlier, and I still feel pure rage at the goverment for passing this law and all.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
This is ridiculous. I'm not saying this stupid mom did the right thing - she did not. But if the government is going to go after her, they need to go after all of those fat cows who live vicariously through their three-year-olds by putting makeup on them and forcing them to perform in beauty pageants - AND the sick bastards who organize those pageants.

Which do you think is doing more damage to the kid? A tattoo, or being objectified before the age of reason? Seriously.

I agree with you there but that is not the subject of this discussion.

Sure it is. I am contrasting the illegality of one act versus the legality of another and how society has its priorities ass backward.

And stop being such a tightass about who is on topic and who isn't. Are you a mod? Then shut it.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks Silo. I'm very worried about the rise of totalitarian laws to the point where we can't even get out of bed or be arrested for something we were unaware of.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The law enforcement and judges in Georgia are some of the most racist and corrupt I have seen in any state, no kidding. Quite a few people have died in some of their country jails due to neglect, etc. The jails down there are filled to the brim with blacks, the ratio of black to white in some of these counties is ridiculous beyond any sort of reason. Down there they are all about pocketing those taxpayer dollars too.

I say this and I'm not even black, I'm white.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by miconATSrender

Yes, I'm for parental rights regarding many things. There is an interfacing of individual and the collective. But we have allowed the State and Big Pharma run all the aspects of our lives.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
circumcision is worse than that. For example with
oral suction, where the mohel sucks blood from the circumcision wound. That is f*** crazy isn't it? And how many jews get arrested?
She could argue it as religion question and show them their hypocrisy. Don't you have jury system? People won't convict her anyway.
I believe God doesn't approve tatooos nor circumcision btw.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

This is ridiculous. I'm not saying this stupid mom did the right thing - she did not. But if the government is going to go after her, they need to go after all of those fat cows who live vicariously through their three-year-olds by putting makeup on them and forcing them to perform in beauty pageants - AND the sick bastards who organize those pageants.

Which do you think is doing more damage to the kid? A tattoo, or being objectified before the age of reason? Seriously.

I agree with you there but that is not the subject of this discussion.

Sure it is. I am contrasting the illegality of one act versus the legality of another and how society has its priorities ass backward.

And stop being such a tightass about who is on topic and who isn't. Are you a mod? Then shut it.

I simply meant that is why I did not discuss those other matters! Wow you have a foul mouth! I NEVER insult anyone no matter how i feel about their OPINIONS!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
'georgia'? i know this encompasses all of georgian's but as one peach i for one have trouble accessing ALL bills introduced into legislation -

take a look - www.legis.ga.gov... - can you keep up?

Yes, I hear you. I am sure it is the same thing with all the states. We cannot keep up with the laws. I am deeply concerned about the rise of the Nanny State and especially those which take away the parental rights of guardianship. In the UK they have Nanny Cams installed in some homes to make sure the kids are eating properly. Is that the kind of society we want? It's a far cry from the individual rights our Founding Fathers envisioned. In the pioneer days, a 10 yr old might be wielding a gun for the protection of his own family from a bear, and of course things have changed since then, but I think we have lost our common sense.
In fact my own ancestor fought in the Revolutionary War at age 14...
edit on 21-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

Is it possible that those laws are in place so that the government can overstep its bounds? Maybe that is the reason for some laws, such as this one.
I saw absolutely no harm inflicted to anyone in this scenario, except for when the police got wind of it. Then they had to go and create some trouble, claiming that it is for the protection of the child.
In this case, the law creates more harm than it protects from.
edit on 21-1-2012 by insanedr4gon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join