It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 'Microwave Gun' used to deter crowds, riots, etc.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I was checking out sonic sound as some person in another post was talking about and I came across this microwave gun the Military/s have.

To me this sounds like it has to do something horrendous to the body. You see the interviewer/host holding up different items to withstand the heat and it really does no good.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I saw this years ago, Scalar weapons have been around since 1904 when Tesla invented scalar beam weapons. Imagine what they have that they don't show the public, that's what I want to see.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I like the sonic sound one that the Israelies used on the Palestinian protestors, where they aim the sonic weapon and shoot at the crowd,then the protestors grab their heads and start screaming, dropping to the floor. Screws up the sensors in your head.
edit on 20-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Ah more insight to this weap... er.... oven gun?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This is a DEW, directed energy weapon. They are past the point of needing such a bulky vehicle as a deployment platform.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
its nothing a 50 cal couldn't knock out along with its crew

mortars from a mile away would work pretty good as well

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
He probably had a few rashes and burns over his body days later wondering, "how the hell did i get these?!"

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Ah so they've condensed them into smaller versions now? I'm not surprised how fast the military tech is. I bet they have other things too by now like the poster earlier said.

Scary stuff. Sometimes we shouldn't mess with the human body; though they started doing that when they dropped the Abomb on Hiroshima. :C Poor people are still suffering from that even today.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If I ever protest and I see them bringing in these bad boys, I'm gonna layer myself in instant popcorn bags. Should make for a hell of a show and I'll have a last meal.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Yeah...old news and many handheld units already in use. Another one that comes up sometimes is the anti-missile defense call Metal Storm.....very cool tech there too.....basically just throws up a HUGE "wall" of metal at incoming rockets/missiles/infantry in the form of thousands of rounds fired simultaneously via electronically triggered rounds in multiple barrels of a weapon.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetnlow
its nothing a 50 cal couldn't knock out along with its crew

mortars from a mile away would work pretty good as well
Sounds good, if you know how to make your own mortars and munitions for them anyway.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I would like to have one to play with. For example, would a grounded full body shield protect you? Like wood with leather straps on the inside with the outside covered with a metal mesh tied into a grounding strap. How about an interlocking shield wall? This is our main disadvantage, we won't get to learn techniques to offset these devices until it is too late.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Sounds like someone wants to cook your inside to eat you after hitting you with the beam. We really are scared, thus we create things like this, all it shows is that we are scared. It makes me sick

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
this technology is nothing new, see aformentioned tesla comments above, and google LRAD, class 5 lasers, masers, heck they could probably use a lightning rod as a weapon if they really wanted too.

and this has already been used on protesters, g20 if im not mistaken.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The protable weapon is very much real and is ready for deployment. Its supposed to be a non-lethal weapon but then again so were tazers.

A modified version of this laser rifle created to dazzle enemies by the US Air Force has been adapted by the Department of Justice to inflict pain from a distance (Image: US Air Force)

US police could get 'pain beam' weapons

The research arm of the US Department of Justice is working on two portable non-lethal weapons that inflict pain from a distance using beams of laser light or microwaves, with the intention of putting them into the hands of police to subdue suspects.

The two devices under development by the civilian National Institute of Justice both build on knowledge gained from the Pentagon's controversial Active Denial System (ADS) - first demonstrated in public last year, which uses a 2-metre beam of short microwaves to heat up the outer layer of a person's skin and cause pain.

www.newscientist.com...
edit on 20-1-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
.....and then the protestors realized that arming themselves with mirrors or a nicely polished drum cymbal would send those pesky waves from whence they came.......

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
You don't need solid metal mirrors for that, thus my idea with the "shield" above. A mirror can have holes in it and still work, provided that the holes are much smaller than the wavelength of the radiation to be reflected. The
perforated metal gauze in the door of a microwave oven reflects microwaves (wavelength around 2cm) while letting at least some visible light through. Thus my idea of an interlocking shield wall made of wood and covered with such a mesh. I would like to test it, but I THINK it could work.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

ok this however is news to me, and I am not amused. this is a military weapon about to be taken out of context, there are supposed to be treaties preventing energy weapons from being used anyway, but everyone in power is ignoring the law lately. as such why should I not make a class 5 pulse laser in self defence against random pain? think they won't? they used LRAD to advertise movies subliminally through vibration, alebit modified from the original design (however this same design could be used to convince you that your hearing voices, when in fact you are!), what makes you think they won't get trigger happy and 'see what that homeless looking guy over there does if we push this button' ...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
We do have the right to defend ourselves.
Pulse Laser

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

thats pretty much exactly what I was thinking, but I am willing to find a more peaceful solution, like, having the damn thing banned as a torture device like it should be. that the one from hacked gadgets?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join