It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New EU president "Elected" No UK news coverage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I have just watched a youtube video of Nigel Farrage giving a welcoming speech to our new EU President a Mr Martin Shculz.

I found this on David Icke's News feed and was suprised that I had not come across this news three days ago. I searched the BBC's news and found nothing at all. Searching Google news found 225 stories relating to this but struggled to find a UK story.

Given that it appears that the other 2 candidates in this "vote" were UK Politicians I am confused as to how this can be unless there's a reason for it being deemed un-news worthy. Given the banality of many so called news storys I find this unlikley?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by thefamiliar

Martin Schulz is the new President of the European Parliament. The parliamentary President is elected by the parliament every 2 and a half years. It's only the third most interesting Presidential position in the EU.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Ah ok not the head honcho then? But still I am a little disturbed that with 2 UK candidates who both claim that it's rigged and a German winning is not reported by our premiere and goverment run news.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I'm not sure what would be the point of rigging the vote. He chairs parliamentary sessions and signs the budget. He has no power of his own. To rig the vote would be like rigging a high school Student Council election.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Hi friend, I don't know what to make of this one?

Uh, so is this guy a bureaucrat, or... like the two fellas propped up recently in Italy, is he, too, a technocrat?!

Both, as you know, mean VERY different thing, and would thus imply a radical change at the top if he is somehow technocratic in his policies....

But thank you for this. Its fascinating, but unsettling as there's not much of anything there to inform us more from the mainstream corporate news-media on Cable TV?

If anything, the good work of Mr Icke is good work indeed!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Futurcrat1

There are only 3 other replies in this thread. You should read them.

Martin Schulz has no power. He presides over parliamentary activities, and he was elected by the European Parliament, just like all 27 parliamentary Presidents before him.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Thanks for pointing that out, a read up confirms that what you said was correct, I think we are both more concerned with the total lack of information we recieve about the EU and its make up given that it controls so much of our day to day lives that control increases day by day.

I'm not sure about Canada but I'm pretty sure you guys run your own country? It's not like that here so things like this have more of an impact than you might think.

Link to the Nigel Farrage speech for you Futurcrat1.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

here the mentionned video

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The whole European Parliment is a dictatorship and the British media sweep it under the carpet as they know most Brits won't find out information for themselves as they have to be spoon fed by the liberal media. What you don't know can't hurt you right?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Hi friend, I did read the other posts. My comments were based on the shock-news I still have spinning round my head that a major nation in Europe (Italy) has technocrats in charge only the end of last year.

Now we're already in a meritocracy in the UK with whose in charge of our major parties, so the notion of technocratics taking a foot hold somewhere too near to home is too odd for words!!

The geopolitical interconnectedness of the patchy European way of life is so easy to discredit to those with party political agendas here, yet an over-arching head of the EU State-- elected or not, is still a wild-card who'll come in to play when Evelyn Rothschild needs the central banking systems to have another run, circa Oct 2008...

So such a bloke is clearly their man in the seat....

Sad, yes. But lets hope for all our sakes, its something that doesn't bare true....

join