It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life Spotted on Venus - Russian Scientist

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PennKen2009
reply to post by DJW001

Just wondering though, why does the ground seem to be different in those pics? Like a different texture and all?

I thought maybe when the arm swung around to the other sides it swiped the lens cap and brought it around too.

Either that or the atmosphere on Venus causes non life object to come alive spontaneously! All is possible until proved not!
edit on 20-1-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
Basic rule of whether life exists on a Planet. If the temp. is hot enough to melt just about every Element that could make a life form...probably no life. Split Infinity

I read something once about there being variations in temperature on Venus and that it may not be all as inhspitable as we originally thought...need to look it up I guess.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
reply to post by Char-Lee

Yeah I Would think so too, but in that picture there is nothing else that I (or anyone else yet) has seen, that he could of possibly meant.

We don't even know if this is the exact picture he is referring to. All we have is some half arsed newspaper article, and a few pics from the Venus probe mentioned.

Who's to say there aren't other pictures we haven't seen? I'm keeping an open mind. Hopefully they'll be some developments!

personally I am assuming that yes there are pictures we have not seen and what is really being refered to.

I also think we will find there is life on all the planets and the moons and the asteroids and everywhere even open space.

edit on 20-1-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Very possible, back to speculation I guess, until something concrete comes out.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
Basic rule of whether life exists on a Planet. If the temp. is hot enough to melt just about every Element that could make a life form...probably no life. Split Infinity

Venus isn't that hot.

Venus is hotter than mercury.

The surface temperature of Venus is a constant 800+ degrees Fahrenheit, the atmospheric pressure at the surface is nearly 100 times that of the Earth at sea level or about the same as a half mile of depth below the ocean and it rains droplets of concentrated sulfuric acid.

As Split Infinity alluded to, organic molecules don't last very long at all in such an extreme environment. Life as contemporary science understands it simply cant exist in such an environment.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by gortex

Pics or it didn't happen

Voila! Note the croissant shaped object. It appears to rotate or flop:

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

There is a similar object in an image from Venera-14 which remains stationary. This leads me to suspect that it is a part of the probe's bus that has fallen off and been shifted by a gust of dense, 400 km/hr wind. Nice find though! Star and flag!

You have got to be joking. Look at the rocks. They are completely different. These are two photos of DIFFERENT views......I mean DUH! A similar piece of debris is not a problem considering that we humans possible made the same shaped flap, cover etc around a multi legged/orientated vehicle.

Are you that desperate that all logic goes out of the window?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here's a pretty good catalog of Venus images for those interested...

www.mentallandscape.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

If you'd bothered to read the thread before throwing insults, you'd have realised that those images are captured from two different camera's located on opposite sides of the probe, thus two different vista's.

I'd hardly call JimOberg or DJW001 "desperate" that they deny logic!

edit on 20-1-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

1982? Why are they just talking about it now? I wasn't even alive back then so they could of talked about it. Then again I don't think the public would even care, you could tell the whole world aliens are living on the moon and nobody would care.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Last I heard, temperatures in that range aren't hot enough to "melt every element", which was the point I was addressing to the person I quoted.

You said it yourself, life as we understand it, possibly and most likely isn't going to be how it is in reality, if there is indeed life on another planet. Please refer to the posts on page 4/5 regarding extremeophiles, to avoid going round in circles.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Here's a pretty good catalog of Venus images for those interested...

www.mentallandscape.com...

Ah ok thanks...so that is the lense caps below each of 2 cameras....

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
In my comprehension I am thinking that the higher temperatures on the ground would be negated by the higher air pressure, thus a piece of paper would not react [burn] because the higher air pressure would negate the reaction. In other words chemical reactions on Venus are going to be different. The higher air pressure causes the chemical reactions to be altered. Oxydisation will be slower in such air pressures, even despite the high temperatures. Therefore one can speculate that biology of some kind would be possible. I believe that life is able to adapt to any kind of environment in which it might want to live. On Venus the life forms might not be on the ground, but rather might be floating in the atmoshere, where there is no lack of Carbon Dioxide ready to react with the Water that exists higher up in the atmosphere, thus forming hydrocarbon molecules. Venus has a green tinge to its atmoshere which is best explained by the possibility of Chlorophyllic Bacterium floating in the upper atmoshere. In the upper atmoshere of Venus conditions [air pressure and temperature] are very similar to those found on Earth at ground level. It has been suggested by science fiction writers that future missions to Venus would deploy cities that float in the upper atmoshere of Venus. Anyone who saw the movie "The Fifth Element" will remember the floating sky city ?

H2O + CO2 = CH2 + O3

The law that I live by and which is holding us all bonded is called PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM (tm). I did not read it in a book. You will not find it in any book. It was revealed to me by audio clairvoyance during the celebrations of the New Millennium in 2000. Summed up it basically means no sex no drugs and no violence. (1) From eternity to eternity, infinity to infinity, there be the one absolute. The One True God. Her names are many but she be the one true God there be no other God. The one judge there be no other judge. (2) La Deus Nostra, Notre Dame, Our Lady, The Holy Spirit, the cause the maker Cosmica. (3) Angelic powers of truth and beauty and righteousness be sure to be loving Her Holiness Above with all your mind and with all your heart and with all your strength. (4) So as to be pleasing to Her Holiness Above therefore do not be serving the masculine. (5) Do not be and do not allow masculinity into positions of government. (6) Honour and respect the virgin pureness of the christae. (7) Honour and respect the Immaculate Conception [parthenogenesis] reproductive process of the christae. (8) Do not fornicate or adulterate or sodomize. (9) Do not bully or torture or murder. (10) Do not lie. (11) Do not steal. (12) Do not be covetous. (13) Do not be jealous. Copyright NGL(c)2000.

He who trusts in violence to be his security cannot speak that he trusts in God to be his security.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 20/1/2012 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
They saw a taco bell on venus

And a porta potty using a heat detector they found warm fecal matter inside the porta

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Its funny because I was thinking about this recently. Most people do not realize it, but walking around on Venus would be equivalent to walking inside of FIRE. A candle flame is around 800-1200 degrees F, which is around the temperature range of Venus at the surface. I cant imagine too many living organisms that could exist inside a candle flame. That is not of course to say that something on Venus can do exactly that, but its not going to be water based. maybe some kind of silicon based creature like a living crystal (the Horta of Star trek comes to mind). But definitely not some kind of humanoid biped thing. Besides it being as hot as fire, the air pressure at the surface is 92 atmospheres. It would have to be something stupendously exotic. That being said, Its interesting to note that Saturns moon titan has a hydrological cycle based on liquid methane and ethane, and Titans "rocks" are mostly water ice, which is of course the main ingredient of us. So I can imagine methane based beings sitting on Titan and thinking how nothing could possibly live on Earth which has seas of liquid water, their approximation of lava. And we would technically be beings with lava for blood. Something to think about.
edit on 20-1-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Last I heard, temperatures in that range aren't hot enough to "melt every element", which was the point I was addressing to the person I quoted.

You said it yourself, life as we understand it, possibly and most likely isn't going to be how it is in reality, if there is indeed life on another planet. Please refer to the posts on page 4/5 regarding extremeophiles, to avoid going round in circles.

I said organic molecules could not survive (I should clarify on the surface, in the upper atmosphere it would be possible ), I said nothing about the atmosphere being able to "melt every element", there is a huge difference.

I am familiar with extremophiles, there is not a single catalogued organism known to man that can survive in anything remotely similar to the environmental described.

Are you aware that the temperatures being discussed are extreme enough to melt into liquid over half of the periodic table and boil every element up to and including Sodium? (at a standard atmosphere, the boiling point on Venus would be higher due to the pressure although it would still be volatile enough to evaporate)

The Venera landers were skinned in titanium and only lasted a couple of hours.

Until someone can provide a viable mechanism for some type of compatible biology to evolve whose fundamental chemistry is based on elements that can remain stable in the conditions described any speculation that life is viable is nothing more than uninformed wishful thinking.

On a seperate but related note, here is a photo of the Venera 11 lander (it shared a similar planform with Venera 13 and 14) with a good view of the protective camera shroud. As others have said, that is almost certainly what we are seeing in the photograph.

This is the camera as it would appear after deployment...

Here is a closeup of the quartz pressure window covering the camera aperture.

Drilling into the Surface of Venus

edit on 20-1-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: syntax

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Didnt see any of those crazy serrated teeth from the photo on the probe. Whats that all about?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Even if his claims were true, a few images with anomalies are far from proof of life on Venus.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

"Enjoy your bliss" Love it!
Sir, Do you mind if I borrow that phrase? It's a keeper!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

CAELENIUM, there is no oxygen in the Venusian atmosphere so oxidation (fire) is impossible. If there were oxygen present the pressure would make combustibles in the environment more flammable, not less.

Would you mind sourcing your claim of a green tint to the atmosphere that is best explained by the presence of Chlorophyllic Bacterium?

I always thought it was sulphur yellow?

NSSDC Photo Gallery Venus

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Test.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join