It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life Spotted on Venus - Russian Scientist

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ihnen

That's not too hot for some materials. It's perfectly possible to land in those conditions.

Then, as happened, acid rain melted the probe over time.

The only thing likely on Venus is methane based life. If it began like life on Earth, it would have been reduced to simple celled organisms once the poison set in.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

MESSENGER is on a mission to Mercury, not Venus. But the spacecraft must pass by Venus for a gravity assist en route. In passing, researchers hope to learn a few things about Earth's "evil twin," an Earth-sized world with sulfuric acid clouds, a choking carbon dioxide atmosphere, and a surface hot enough to melt lead.

apod.nasa.gov...

Bwahaha I don't see any Volcanos!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ihnen

I do. Didn't you see that recent "OMG VENUS BLEW UP" thread?

Plus....I'm pretty sure you can't see any Earth volcanoes if you took a photo at a similar distance

If the fact that its blue is some how suppose to mean it's a nice place, Uranus is blue too.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Lets take a look at Io

Maybe if we take a pictue inside Venus it would probably melt

but thats just my opinion

cheers

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Good Old NASA I can always count on them for a good yarn

Hey, I enjoy NASA's childish sense of wonder. I like it when they make unplanned decisions to crash a probe into an asteroid. Hey, you know, if we just bumped the orbital maneuvering thrusters at 11:02, we could totally nail a near-earth asteroid!

Heh heh heh

edit on 21-1-2012 by ZeskoWhirligan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Here are extreme close-ups of the 2 images of the crecent shaped object seen in 2 different scenes from the pics posted in by DJW001. I put them through some bandpass filters. The second object was flipped horizontally and then rotated to show how well it matches the original outline of the first.

In the first image, you can clearly see symetrical hinges, or joining posts on each side of the crecent. The bottom, or curved part of the crecent shows jagged tearing, and has the appearance of some kind of insulation.

In the second image, you can see the overall similarity to the first item, and it looks like it had lost some parts, or been further damaged by being 'blown' around the depression that the lander is sitting in.

Looks mechanical to me, not a life form. It could be the lens cap, or part of a protection that was on the boom or another part of the lander.

First image:

Second image:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
Here is another picture of what he found.

Link

This 1 is interesting

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ihnen

Those are moons smaller than Venus. Ergo, energy overtakes gravity more readily. That's why you don't see similar things on Earth either.

Please learn gravity before you compare worlds with fractions of the gravity. Better yet, show it happening on Earth. Because it doesn't

Meanwhile, something violent happened on Venus. Lots of pressure and lots of energy = boom.

kthanxbye
edit on 21-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

This was proven to be an artifact from the Stereo camera, which is designed for Solar wind analysis. It produces weird artifacts when imaging point source brightly lit objects.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

If that White, half moon shaped is supposed to be the being. Then it looks nothing like an alien or a being. If you look closely you can see legs with wheels on it. Honestly, it's just piece of equipment.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Well, you know how the Russian press works, right? It's perfectly normal for them to fabricate news on slow days, or sensationalize trivial things all out of proportion. I've seen all of these photos, years ago, and this is the first time anyone has tried to imbue them with LIFE.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Krono

and what does an alien look like?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
For the benefit of those readers who read the OP, instantly fired off a response and landed on this page without the benefit of having read the intervening thread:

Yes, we have established that the big, curved objects are not alive; they are the lens covers, a part of the spacecraft.

The landers each had two cameras pointing in different directions, that's why the landscape "changes."

The photo in question shows a grainy blob on a field of grain. It has not been traced to its source, nor otherwise authenticated.

Venus is very hot, but apparently spiritual beings of the fifth density can live there. (Whatever that means.)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Sure of that? perhaps.

Either way, I guess then I return to my original statement. We do not see explosive eruptions on Earth going into space. Why should we see that on Venus?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

We do not see explosive eruptions on Earth going into space. Why should we see that on Venus?

Exactly. We don't. It has never been observed from Earth in thousands of years of human history.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Venus is very hot, but apparently spiritual beings of the fifth density can live there. (Whatever that means.)

Thanks, just as I suspected

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Well then. Why are people claiming it isn't active and acidic?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This is one of the best threads I have read in ages.

Interesting topic, constructive debate without much childish arguing and name calling which unfortunately lets a lot of threads down and stops me reading past a few pages (I read all 11 pg of this) and what appear to be some fairly conclusive answers.

The picture definitely looks like it is the lens cap fallen of.

I have always wondered why the parachute did not burn up though and I found the comment about the mirage effect from the heat not showing on the pictures interesting. Perhaps the planet does not have as harsh a conditions as we have been led to believe.

S&F

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I remember a youtube channel with pictures of buildings and such on Venus.The two guys commenting on the channel where very cautious of there wording.It seemed strange at the time and I have never forgot about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join