It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life Spotted on Venus - Russian Scientist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The guy is a real astronomer -- Ксанфомалити -- and the story is all over the russian-language press.

I might find it highly dubious, but it's no joke nor a prank.

So here it is for discussion.

20/1/2012 17:45

en.ria.ru...

MOSCOW, January 20 (RIA Novosti) — Several objects resembling living beings have been detected on photos made by a Russian landing probe in 1982 during a Venus mission, Solar System Research magazine reported.

Leonid Ksanfomaliti of the Space Research Institute of Russia’s Academy of Sciences published research that analyzed the photos from the Venus mission made by a Soviet landing probe, Venus-13, in 1982.

The photos feature several objects, which Ksanfomaliti said, resembled “a disk,” “a black flap” and “a scorpion.” All of them “emerge, fluctuate and disappear,” the scientist said, referring to their changing location on different photos and traces on the ground.

"What if we forget about the current theories about the nonexistence of life on Venus, let’s boldly suggest that the objects’ morphological features would allow us to say that they are living,” Solar System Research quoted Ksanfomaliti as saying.

No data proving the existence of life on Venus, where the ground temperature is 464 degrees Celsius (867 degrees Fahrenheit), has ever been found.

Please read: Posting work written by others.
Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.

edit on January 20th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
An evolutionary form of those bacteria that can live in extremely hot temperatures? It's not impossible for some creatures to live in such conditions...even if they're only single-celled or or a handful of cells.
edit on CFridayam464608f08America/Chicago20 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
That is pretty crazy wish they had some better pictures.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Interesting story but ...... Pics or it didn't happen :
Surely it would be easy enough to supply the relevant images to back up his claim .

Edit

It would seem this guy has a history of .... lets say interesting claims

Head of a laboratory of the planetary physics department at the Russian Academy of Sciences Institute for Space Exploration, Leonid Ksanfomaliti, says that the basic principle of all known planetary systems is that the biggest planet is the closest to the sun. But as for our planetary system, small Mercury is the closest planet to the sun. This suggests that the solar system was probably transformed by aliens.[
www.axiomatica.org... zations

Interesting
edit on 20-1-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

edit on 20-1-2012 by gortex because: edit to spelllllll

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Average temperature is well above 1500 Fahrenheit. Whatever would live there cant be carbon based. Atmosphere is primarily Co2. Our hypothetical scorpion would have to resist high temperatures and breathe the way trees breathe.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

You may be right. If Venus has/had a form of Extremophiles, its totally possible that they could hae evolved into more complex (hell, maybe even intelligent) life.

Nice find, could do with seeing the pictures though.

ALS

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Pics or it didn't happen

Voila! Note the croissant shaped object. It appears to rotate or flop:

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

There is a similar object in an image from Venera-14 which remains stationary. This leads me to suspect that it is a part of the probe's bus that has fallen off and been shifted by a gust of dense, 400 km/hr wind. Nice find though! Star and flag!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Just asking, but, are we positive that the conditions exist on venus that science tells us exist?
If so, its doubtful life we can talk to exists there......
I believe that life of somekind exists mostly everywhere in the universe.....(that it is one of the basics of everything)
Life neednt be complicated....it comes in very simple forms too.
let me be the first to say "pics or etc etc"
id love to see them.....ooooops! should have scrolled down....
Not overly impressed but remain open to confirmation of some sort......if thats possible...
Of course Adamski met Veusian envoy in the desert you do know that dont you?
edit on 20-1-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by gortex

Pics or it didn't happen

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

There is a similar object in an image from Venera-14 which remains stationary. This leads me to suspect that it is a part of the probe's bus that has fallen off and been shifted by a gust of dense, 400 km/hr wind. Nice find though! Star and flag!

@ This leads me to suspect that it is a part of the probe's bus that has fallen off and been shifted by a gust of dense, 400 km/hr wind

I was wondering wouldnt they be able to identify this peice if it was from Earth, also thanks for the NASA photos

edit on 1/20/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

"What if we forget about the current theories about the nonexistence of life on Venus, let’s boldly suggest that the objects’ morphological features would allow us to say that they are living,” Solar System Research quoted Ksanfomaliti as saying.

Underlined above what do you think that means is it a simple case that some object on the surface change shape due to the heat hence the words in bold above!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Here is another picture of what he found.

Link

link   
I think this is a hoax. It's Sorcha Faal territory. According to the article he published some research. Where is the research? Why is this story coming out now? The landing referred to was in 1982.

edit on 20-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
link   
Cells adapt to their environments. There is life under water at extreme cold temperatures and pressures to which no life on Earth's surface could survive, but they thrive down there.

No reason to assume there isn't life on Jupiter even, people base their knowledge of "life" on what they know of Earth's surface lifeforms.

Look how strange these lifeforms look. If we saw a "still photo" of these for the 1st time ever, would we think they are living creatures?

The release of such information shouldn't take 30 YEARS to become public. But that's how we roll here, what's discovered by the elite today is taught to us 40 years later. It's called leverage.

edit on 20-1-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Heres a picture of Venus's surface taken by the same mission there referring to the the OP.

If I remember rightly they didn't take many pictures because the camera melted.

ETA:

The Venera 9 and 10 landers had two cameras each. Only one functioned because the lens covers failed to separate from the second camera on each lander. The design was changed for Venera 11 and 12, but this change made the problem worse and all cameras failed on those missions. Venera 13 and 14 were the only landers on which all cameras worked properly; although unfortunately, the titanium lens cap on Venera 14 landed precisely on the area which was targeted by the soil compression probe.

ALS

edit on 20-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

The guy is a real astronomer -- Ксанфомалити -- and the story is all over the russian-language press.

I might find it highly dubious, but it's no joke nor a prank.

So here it is for discussion.

20/1/2012 17:45

en.ria.ru...

MOSCOW, January 20 (RIA Novosti) — Several objects resembling living beings have been detected on photos made by a Russian landing probe in 1982 during a Venus mission, Solar System Research magazine reported.

Leonid Ksanfomaliti of the Space Research Institute of Russia’s Academy of Sciences published research that analyzed the photos from the Venus mission made by a Soviet landing probe, Venus-13, in 1982.

The photos feature several objects, which Ksanfomaliti said, resembled “a disk,” “a black flap” and “a scorpion.” All of them “emerge, fluctuate and disappear,” the scientist said, referring to their changing location on different photos and traces on the ground.

No data proving the existence of life on Venus, where the ground temperature is 464 degrees Celsius (867 degrees Fahrenheit), has ever been found.

All over russian press???. IF TRUE ,,,This is a perfect example how stupid the russians are. Says a lot.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

After looking at the picture in your post, you have to notice that the ground has changed in both pics. I would be surprised if a 400 kmph wind would simply rotate, than make circling the Russian probe by the object. It would more likely be blown away by the wind.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Here's the Wiki page for the Venera missions.

en.wikipedia.org...

ALS

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Check it out.

It was in the article though for those who don't check links.

Edit: wow a post flood, guess i didn't need to post the image.
edit on 1/20/2012 by LordBaskettIV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

I think this is a hoax. It's Sorcha Faal territory. According to the article he published some research. Where is the research? Why is this story coming out now? The landing referred to was in 1982.

No, this is for real. He has been using modern digital processing to "clean up" the old data. This is bound to become a huge controversy.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Interesting pictures but it appears to me that the lander is in two different orientations? The ground is not the same in those two pictures and therefore not displaying pictures of the same object. Maybe I am seeing it wrong. Either way good find OP, interesting stuff.

Edit: to add that it looks like NowanKenubi beat me to it. Agreeeeed! The force is strong with that one

edit on 20-1-2012 by clowdstalker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join