It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
What is the policy for introducing and asking?

I just witnessed a new thread; in short:

A man says he works for NASA, and asks how the privacy policy is at ATS and if they guaranteed him they could keep his IP ect private, he would post a few interesting documents.

I wanted to reply, but got a 404.

My question, why?

He did a short introduction
He did not lie ( At least nothing we or a moderator could check)
He did not copy
He did not link
He did not use %$^ language

So why is a topic like that immediately killed? What policy I missed?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

That thread was posted by a returning banned member who used to go by the name of 'Bernard Schnitzel' - just type that name into google and see what you find - He's well known for making stuff up and he's been re-joining ATS and doing that crap for months now from what I've seen, It's all quite pathetic really.

He's a stupid hoaxer. Simple as that.

Edit: Here's a rare past thread he made on ATS which is still on the boards: HOAX - Thousands of fema guillotines... (Bernard Schnitzel playing games)

He's well known around here, just try searching for his name on ATS search, there's quite a few returning results on him.
edit on 20-1-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Ah, I know of the Bernhard S. topics, i did think about that. But I thought banning was with IP, so how do they find out that fast it is B.S. ?

Edit: Anyway, if it is a proven hoaxer, I'm ok with it. I rather choose myself, but so be it.

edit on 20-1-2012 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I can't remember how he does it exactly but I think Djarums has mentioned it once or twice before. I suppose It might be worth PM'img him to find out or something like that?
edit on 20-1-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Bernard has been here so many times, many on staff and many members can spot him fairly quickly.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Still strange, because 90% of this site is hearsay, opinions without any proove,

I'm mature enough to believe and choose myself.

The posted threat had no violations.

I don't like mods choosing my info.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

We have our ways, but don't talk about them publicly. When a banned member returns and continues violating the terms & conditions, the outcome shouldn't surprise anyone.

If you see something like that, or anything you would like us to look into, please don't hesitate to ALERT us and let us know.

Since trolls seek attention and shouldn't be fed, however, that's about as much as should be said about this particular case.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

He did not lie ( At least nothing we or a moderator could check)

This is the part you missed.
He certainly did lie. Everything that particular poster says is a lie, beginning with the username and continuing to the last period.

Some people have known histories, and are known liars, and are quickly recognizable in a number of ways by members and/or moderators. The quicker they are gone the less confusion there will be like what you are experiencing now.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Well I hope so! And I hope the mods are right !!

Would be a shame to loose a chance at some interesting documents and/or info.

Because one more or less garbage topic would not change much on ATS, one more topic with interesting info could change things.

I hate killing messengers before they talk.

Edit: Wow, full service here at ATS, no complaints about reaction speed and service here! Tnx Guys, I will try to trust your calls..

Tnx!
edit on 20-1-2012 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant
I hate killing messengers before they talk.

This one has talked plenty, has already gone way past the requisite fifteen minutes, and since it really isn't appropriate for us to discuss specific members -- however many times they have re-registered -- it's best we leave it at that.

new topics

top topics

join