It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elite US Forces Team deployed near Iran!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
A U.S. company ( Juliet Marine Systems ) has presented a solution to the problem in Hormuz with a newly designed fast attack jet boat, which goes by the name Ghost.
edit on 20-1-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MortlitantiFMMJ

reply to post by spy66

I agree with both of you, but I don't see it as necessarily a bad thing.

The Middle East conflicts already negatively affects the rest of the world. The Oil supply is already held hostage by OPEC and its nations. A disruption would get the world thinking about alternatives to the ME oil and that would benefit the world in the long run.

There would be a short and dramatic impact on many economies, but those economies are already falsely inflated and just ripe for a disaster, so why not get it over with and get to the business of rebuilding them on substance instead of fluff?

An Israeli attack on Iran, and an all out Mid-East war is the quickest way to rip off the bandaid and get down to repairing the wounds that are infecting the rest of the world.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

True, and investments in alternatives would be good in the long run, although an oil crisis on top of the current recession would probably be disastrous

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hmmm and Press TV finally pulled of air today in the UK !

How fitting !

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
I thought that team was shot down soon after the bin laden kill.?[

The Navy SEALs were among 30 Americans, seven Afghans and an interpreter killed in the deadliest incident for U.S. forces in the Afghanistan war when their helicopter is shot down
Seal team shot down

EDIT** i realize these forces have a larger membership then the troops that were killed in the crash, but would they really re-deploy men that stormed Binladens residence so soon?
edit on 20-1-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

Yes, they would. US special forces units have one of if not the highest operational tempo. Operational tempo being how often they are deployed on real world missions. The rest of the time they are training, with very little time off.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

And we still have knuckle heads claiming Iran to be the aggressor.

This smoke and mirror show is making me sick.

1...2...3 cue the justifiers of wars based on lies.

"But we must stop Iran, they're a threat to our freedom."

I guess you missed the headlines yesterday that stated Iran threatened to torpedo US Carriers in the gulf.

Threatening ships sailing in international waters is not a great way to engage peace negotiations.

Both countries seem to be beating war drums, even against the will of their people.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Time for a "Regime" change........in the US!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Hate to break it to ya, but you need to reexamine the events of that day. The man killed in that house was not Bin Laden, he has been dead for 10 years for christsakes from a genetic liver disorder (name escapes me at the moment...but feel free to research it, that's how we learn.) Never take news at face value as that is the surest way to be mislead. I mean no offense to you but think of me as a teacher, not a criticizer, that's why most people just flat out get offended at my posts, because they think I am criticizing them, but I am just trying to spread truth. Me posting sources on the web is about as useful as giving a man a fish. Teach a man to fish, however, and he never starves. Think of it that way. I may come off as arrogant, but the military attitude is hard to shake, even when better is known.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Not to rain on the Iran parade, but Elite Forces have been near the Iran border and crossing it, for years now.

When I was in Iraq back in 07, at FOB Normandy.
We were within eye sight of the Iran border, and many special groups operated within our AO. Being in the Diyala Provence during the surge, my unit saw more than our fair share of the action. Feel free to look it up some time if you doubt.

1st Cavalry Division, 3rd Brigade heavy, 6th Squadron 9th Regiment, Apache Troop 1st platoon 1st squad, RSTA ops. There is a very good reason the US Army, calls us "Grey Wolf".

We worked with all those; ODAs, SEALs, MARSOC, SAD. You name them, they were in our corner of the sand box. I knew we were going to have some fun, when I saw a JSOC patch on our flight in country.

So yeah...no news here, just more of the same ole same ole.

Good to see it finally being covered though, none the less, even if it is a dollar short and day late...

edit on 20-1-2012 by ADVISOR because: of spelling

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
SLAPS FOREHEAD
REPEATEDLY :

"SPECIAL FORCES "OPERATORS" IN THE PERSIAN GULF(?)

"YUH THINK?"

edit on 20-1-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Elite US Forces Team deployed near Iran!

If they were not, I think that would merit a thread as well... if not more so.

Beyond that? Not sure how to respond except to say... nobody has fired a shot yet.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Destroying Iran does not settle any conflicting interests when it comes to how OPEC manipulate the oil market.
OPEC is using the conflict for what it is worth to satisfy their sponsors. OPEC will exist with its sponsored management after the conflict. To change the policies of OPEC you have to change out the OPEC sponsored management.

Because of the oil industries manufacturing and maintenance costs, OPEC can not afford to deliver cheap oil to the market. The minimum cost for manufacturing, production and maintenance within the oil industry is today about 80 dollars a barrel. The present oil industry can not be sustained bellow 80 dollars a barrel do to costs. Thereby OPEC wont be allowed to sell Oil bellow 100 dollars in the future by their sponsors.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I'm not advocating destroying Iran. That is the approach the US and NATO would take once it looks profitable.

I am advocating my "Dog in the Yard" theory.

If you take a handful of mangy dogs and toss them in the yard together, they will fight for awhile, they might even injure one another. On a very, very rare occasion one might become seriously injured, but what ALWAYS happens is a pecking order develops and they turn into a pack. They begin to coexist in whatever way makes their pack the most successful.

Now, if a person goes out and tries to referee that same initial dog introduction, the dogs NEVER coexist. They continue to fight, all of the dogs sustain injuries, the person often sustains injuries, it is much more likely that a dog or multiple dogs will be killed, and a pecking order never develops and the dogs never learn to coexist unless it is by force when the person is present.

So, we are meddling in the ME and they will never learn to coexist. If we walk away, then a fight will surely ensue, but the fight will be short-lived, and a pecking order will develop, and some manner of co-existing will develop.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Did you hear about the troops that are going to be stationed in Northern Australia. Over 2000.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Speaking of and since you mentioned.

Please, not only are sources a good idea, but they help provide a starting point for others, when doing the bona fides on one anothers perspective info.

For example;

Oil Price History and Analysis- Crude Oil Prices 1869 - October 2011

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
There are & have been American troops (elite, regular, whatever) flanking Iran along Afghanistan's western border since on/about mid 2010. If anyone wanted to track future contingency operations then follow the logistical hub lines throughout AFG for the big picture.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Absolutely hilarious.

John Rambo has been deployed. Alert Col. Decker.

THEY DREW FIRST BLOOD!

I actually used to come here a lot... Now I don't miss it so much.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
reply to post by spy66

Speaking of and since you mentioned.

Please, not only are sources a good idea, but they help provide a starting point for others, when doing the bona fides on one anothers perspective info.

For example;

Oil Price History and Analysis- Crude Oil Prices 1869 - October 2011

I work in the oil sector in Norway. And i know that if the oil is sold for less the 80 dollars on the market. The oil industry will stop manufacturing and maintenance. It happen a few years back. They will just produce for their own profit. Other sectors within the oil industry which do manufacturing and maintenance will suffer and people will be laid of work.

That in return will create political problems which again reflects back to OPEC and OPEC will be forced to do something about it. Like raising the oil prices so that the oil sector can hire.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Seals get more press because they're less secret, but other armed forces have equally good special forces. Seals can swim better maybe.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Might be time for some preemptive anti-war protests in the US before it gets past the point of no return and innocent peoples lives are lost or destroyed in the name of the US dollar (did I say dollar? I meant Democracy).

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join