It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elite US Forces Team deployed near Iran!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...

The SEAL Team that stormed Osama bin Laden's Abbottabad compound last May put special forces commandos on the map. Without SEAL Team 6's exploits that day, there is little doubt reports of a new commando team in the Persian Gulf would have raised an eyebrow. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

This is it, this is what some of you have been waiting for. There are now reports that ground troops are their ready to meddle with Iranian affairs and cause turmoil. What if Iran deployed their troops in the Gulf of Mexico?

Going on to say that:

Ackerman spoke with military sources that say the team, called Joint Special Operations Task Force-Gulf Coordinating Council (JSOTF-GCC), is on the ground to instruct local troops in special operations. This is the first time the U.S. has acknowledged the existence of the team. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 20-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: corrected title

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

There is a massive difference between to Iran (your title) and near Iran (article title).

And of course there are elite SEAL teams nearby, it goes without saying really...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Fixed it, thanks, but how would you feel if Iranian special forces were near the Florida keys and 20-30 miles off the coast of the USA.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I thought that team was shot down soon after the bin laden kill.?[

The Navy SEALs were among 30 Americans, seven Afghans and an interpreter killed in the deadliest incident for U.S. forces in the Afghanistan war when their helicopter is shot down
Seal team shot down

EDIT** i realize these forces have a larger membership then the troops that were killed in the crash, but would they really re-deploy men that stormed Binladens residence so soon?
edit on 20-1-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Wouldn't bother me one bit!

The gulf isn't a major shipping lane for one thing, and 'm not American for another

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

There are many special forces in the US arsenal, although seal team six was blown out of the sky it was part of the six unit, not all were killed.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Chadwickus

Fixed it, thanks, but how would you feel if Iranian special forces were near the Florida keys and 20-30 miles off the coast of the USA.

I wouldn't be very happy about that so near and in is the same difference to me.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

And we still have knuckle heads claiming Iran to be the aggressor.

This smoke and mirror show is making me sick.

1...2...3 cue the justifiers of wars based on lies.

"But we must stop Iran, they're a threat to our freedom."

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Elite US Forces Team deployed near Iran!!,

Thanks for the heads up..

sec.line

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Closing the Strait would hurt Iran more than anyone. I doubt they will do it, and even if they do it will be a very brief closure just to show they can.

This is all dog and pony. Not WWIII.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

reply to post by MDDoxs

There are many special forces in the US arsenal, although seal team six was blown out of the sky it was part of the six unit, not all were killed.

Ah i see, they are just referencing that this group of individuals is related to the group that killed Binladen. Seems like the media putting a unique spin on the story. Gain public support and confidence by mentioning this fact?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
theres probably special forces from China/Russia/UK/France/God knows where else in the area observing and passing on intel back to their home countries, the only thing is that the Americans have admitted that their special forces are in the area whereas most normally just don't give any answer to where there special forces are at the moment

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

reply to post by MDDoxs

Ah i see, they are just referencing that this group of individuals in relation to the group that killed Binladen. Seems like the media putting a unique spin on the story.

The article was just using propaganda stating that the Navy Seals put elite SF commandos on the map after the Bin Laden raid, which is a load of crap, considering, Commandos have been well known and famous from Britain and Australia since before WW2.
edit on 20-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I agree, this is really non-news. I'm sure Special Forces teams have been on the ground near Iran for 10 years or more, and they have most likely been inside Iran for at least 1 year.

For one thing, there is no way this hits the news unless it is intentional. This is misdirection. They want Iran looking at these particular teams, probably as a warning sign, or as a distraction from the other more important teams already inside Iran.

Also, there is no way we would start any actions against Iran without multiple units already on the ground "painting" targets in Iran for our long-range missiles and bombers. That is how the US fights these days. Multiple teams lighting up targets to be struck from afar, and then Air Force Sorties to destroy more stuff after the initial barrage, and then the full scale invasion a week or two later to scoop up our teams, patch them up, and re-deploy them elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

What if Iran deployed their troops in the Gulf of Mexico?

I think it would be very interesting if Iran did that, and made sure that the news media knew it.

I can't say that they would fare well with that plan, but it would be interesting.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I believe it was clarified that the seal team was deployed in a area near Iran, not directly in it. I do not doubt your conclusions as to what these teams will be doing in the country, but it seems like these articles show up when the media wants to make a buck. Bad News/Dramatic news sells.

and in the case of the article posted above, click farm.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

As it is, military blogs are buzzing about Spencer Ackerman's story at Danger Room where he reports that a new "elite commando team" is operating in the Gulf region. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

www.businessinsider.com...

This is like saying we have Oranges in Florida. Special Ops have been in the Gulf region since 1991. We have seals on every Carrier and Seal team six goes where ever they are needed. Since Iran is talking of closing the Straights then they will go there if they are needed but I am sure they are in A-stan most of the time.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

sec.line

Yep, they have been near Iran for ten years as A-stan borders Iran.

Shocker.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

What if Iran deployed their troops in the Gulf of Mexico?

I think it would be very interesting if Iran did that, and made sure that the news media knew it.

I can't say that they would fare well with that plan, but it would be interesting.

sit on a boat just in international waters spending 8 hours a day on deck polishing some weapons while about a trillion dollars worth of military hardware is watching and counting how many times you scratch your arse every day could be a way to make the US military some money as if people will waitch stuff like jersey shore i'm sure they'll pay to watch 'iranians offshore'

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

sec.line

i would think that ever since 2003 at the 'liberation' of Iraq that there were USA special forces teams aiding the Kurds in their territory disputes with both Iran-Turkey and whomever else took the land for their own

They are only now getting a spotlight shined on them....as it is portrayed as covert ops for an Iran invasion

could be... might not be... your guess is a valid as mine...

thanks

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join