It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R. 3553: Genetically Engineered Food Right to Know Act

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
On December 2, 2011, Dennis Kucinich introduced H.R. 3553: Genetically Engineered Food Right to Know Act. I have read the bill and thoroughly approve. I might suggest that the word be spread and that We contact Our reps and tell Them to support this bill.

For a full text, see:

www.gpo.gov...

What are Your thoughts on this, ATS?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
About damn time! Not sure if it will pass, but I will be contacting my reps.
I am a little curious about #7. The continuing study of health effects. Maybe someone knows more about the truth and is actually concerned for the public? Probably not but it would be nice.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
don't we have a law where gm and gmo have to be labelled and listed in our foods? if not, definitely it's necessary but i don't know if monsanto's gonna let it pass.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stryc9nine
don't we have a law where gm and gmo have to be labelled and listed in our foods? if not, definitely it's necessary but i don't know if monsanto's gonna let it pass.

Not at all - at least in the US. Most of the "food" They sell is GMO. Look on the packages. NOTHING about GMO except a few that say there is NO GMO.

Americans NEED this legislation.

EDIT to add: If We get the momentum on this that We're seeing on SOPA...Monsanto may be unable to do anything. Spread the word!
edit on 1/20/2012 by Amaterasu because: addition

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Finally...a bill that matters to everyone on the planet and makes sense.

We have every right to know when we're ingesting fake food and poison and who is contributing to the destruction of the food chain and the planet and all living creatures on it.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Finally...a bill that matters to everyone on the planet and makes sense.

We have every right to know when we're ingesting fake food and poison and who is contributing to the destruction of the food chain and the planet and all living creatures on it.

I agree wholeheartedly. It is a crime against Humanity to leave Us unsure of Our food. I look forward to the day when I can eat My food again with confidence.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am amazed this is getting so little "play..."

No One else has thoughts about this?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I am also amazed at the lack of attention your thread has received. What concerns me is that GMO has taken over the food industry, and the dangers of this bill to that industry, agribusiness and specifically Monsanto are so big that they will stop at nothing to kill the legislation.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008

I am also amazed at the lack of attention your thread has received. What concerns me is that GMO has taken over the food industry, and the dangers of this bill to that industry, agribusiness and specifically Monsanto are so big that they will stop at nothing to kill the legislation.

Yeah. I was hoping this would make front page. Guess it will go bye-bye. [sigh]

And of course all the power players will fight this. But if We could get SOPA-like attention... IF being the operative word.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

If the U.S State Department is pushing frankenfood on other countries for the sake of Monsanto I think we have one tough fight on our hands.

Here is an Alternet article by Jill Richardson that addresses the heavy handed tactics used to push GMO around the world.

The State Department promotion of biotechnology comes from the top. Both Hillary Clinton and Condoleeza Rice before her sent out annual memos to all U.S. embassies outlining State Department policy on biotechnology. In December 2009, Clinton wrote, "Our biotech outreach objectives for 2010 are to increase access to, and markets for, biotech as a means to help address the underlying causes of the food crisis, and to promote agricultural technology's role in mitigating climate change and increasing biofuel production."

www.alternet.org...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

If the U.S State Department is pushing frankenfood on other countries for the sake of Monsanto I think we have one tough fight on our hands.

Here is an Alternet article by Jill Richardson that addresses the heavy handed tactics used to push GMO around the world.

The State Department promotion of biotechnology comes from the top. Both Hillary Clinton and Condoleeza Rice before her sent out annual memos to all U.S. embassies outlining State Department policy on biotechnology. In December 2009, Clinton wrote, "Our biotech outreach objectives for 2010 are to increase access to, and markets for, biotech as a means to help address the underlying causes of the food crisis, and to promote agricultural technology's role in mitigating climate change and increasing biofuel production."

www.alternet.org...

Yeah, and the REAL "underlying causes of the food crisis" have everything to do with distributing by profit and not need (supermarkets ALONE throw out hundreds of thousands of TONS of food a MONTH!), farming with "conventional" and not organic methods (organic farms have equal or greater yield, and far greater nutrition), and paying corporate "farmers" to NOT farm.

So it's all about the money/power/energy.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This needs to be in the public arena...
bump

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Here is a link that will allow you or anyone else to express your support for H.R 3553 to your local political champion (sarcasm) secure3.convio.net...

I think this bill could pass if we support it as much as we wanted to kill SOPA

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Here is a link that will allow you or anyone else to express your support for H.R 3553 to your local political champion (sarcasm) secure3.convio.net...

I think this bill could pass if we support it as much as we wanted to kill SOPA

Thanks to both of You above.

Good thing to have, that link. Witness, You're on the ball!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I Appreciate seeing threads like this one. The U.S needs to take back their own food supply and personal health. When I read about dairy farmers being jailed and swat teams taking out Amish farmers I get a little worried at what is yet to come.

I spend way too much time and money avoiding frankenfood. When they attack my food supply I take it personally. This should be a no brainer for Americans who supposedly love their liberties. How free are we when we let the likes of Monsanto decide that our health and natural resources can be exploited for the benefit of their shareholders.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I was pretty surprised this isn't getting more attention as well. The threads regarding Monsanto and GM foods are usually right up there. So, Hope this helps!
Wouldn't it be nice if Anonymous would get behind this bill, if they really do so much good?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
I was pretty surprised this isn't getting more attention as well. The threads regarding Monsanto and GM foods are usually right up there. So, Hope this helps!
Wouldn't it be nice if Anonymous would get behind this bill, if they really do so much good?

I am too, chiefsmom. Thanks for helping.

I hope Anon gets behind this and spreading the word about the fact that electrogravitics, worked on openly in the 1950's at virtually all major aerospace companies until it went into black ops, offers free energy - the key to eliminating the need for money (in any form - barter, trade, work exchange, coin, bills, electronic funds...).

If We get the free energy out there, the power of Monsanto will evaporate. I'd link to some of My threads but...I have reasons not to. Search "electrogravitics Amaterasu" and You will find My threads about this.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Not only do they not label gmo foods here in the states, they have gone so far as to introduce legislation in some areas that prohibits business' from listing food as non gmo. We really have to make a stand on this bill and help support it.

A lot of the natural food companies have bypassed this by having a pledge on the label saying they will not knowingly use gmo, but this obviously does not go far enough. We have to help these businesses make their food choices so that we can make food choices.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
Not only do they not label gmo foods here in the states, they have gone so far as to introduce legislation in some areas that prohibits business' from listing food as non gmo. We really have to make a stand on this bill and help support it.

A lot of the natural food companies have bypassed this by having a pledge on the label saying they will not knowingly use gmo, but this obviously does not go far enough. We have to help these businesses make their food choices so that we can make food choices.

Then flag this thread. Let People know!

It infuriates Me that They would try to block telling Us when foods are safe!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'll be playing my Harp here today if you don't mind. Linked is a really good documentary "The World According to Monsanto" topdocumentaryfilms.com... A little long for some, but well worth the time.

In as much as I am concerned for my own health I am also concerned for the health of my planet. Rounup run off pollutes ground water, changes soil composition, spawns more resistant super weeds, and god only knows what kind of negative impact it will have on the worlds insect population. www.naturalnews.com...

Here is a link for "Millions Against Monsanto". organicconsumers.org... They have a lot of good information and links.

<<   2 >>

join