It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reid postpones vote on anti-piracy bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well kids, some good news.

WASHINGTON (AP) - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid will postpone a test vote next week on a bill to fight online piracy and counterfeiting.
Reid's decision comes amid a storm of protest from Internet companies and search engines who fear overregulation and censorship.

Protests included a blackout by Wikipedia and a petition by Google that generated more than seven million signatures.

Now at least a half-dozen senators who sponsored the measure say they oppose it.

Reid says he's optimistic about reaching a compromise that protects Americans' intellectual property and maintains openness and innovation on the Internet.

www.breitbart.com...

Keep up the fight folks, this was only the first round!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I love how these bills the SOPA and the PIPA are becoming more and more unpopular, and i applaud all the internet companies taking a stand against internet tyranny.

thank you beezer for the thread S+F

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

I have a news feed at my desk.
First thnig I thought when I saw it was. . . .
POST THIS SUCKER!

edit on 20-1-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Surely a few web companies can lobby like the oil industry does? Lobbying for freedom of speech...

Glad to see they are retreating on this. Let's hope it's forever!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
We can only hope that this gains momentum.

Considering the cowards that are in congress.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Well kids, some good news.

WASHINGTON (AP) - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid will postpone a test vote next week on a bill to fight online piracy and counterfeiting.
Reid's decision comes amid a storm of protest from Internet companies and search engines who fear overregulation and censorship.

Protests included a blackout by Wikipedia and a petition by Google that generated more than seven million signatures.

Now at least a half-dozen senators who sponsored the measure say they oppose it.

Reid says he's optimistic about reaching a compromise that protects Americans' intellectual property and maintains openness and innovation on the Internet.

www.breitbart.com...

Keep up the fight folks, this was only the first round!

i just discovered that the people promoting and sponsoring the SOPA/PIPA bills were actually spreading all the piracy software actively.

i am not kidding.

i urge you to please watch this video.

"Be a HERO and Help STOP SOPA Now!! I'll tell you How! This Video that Must Be SHARED!"

it will be the best 15 minutes of your life and i think it can be used in a court case against these MPAA /Hollywood hypocrites.

This guy has all the evidence on the screen and it is explained very clearly.
i urge you to spread it around to everyone...and maybe download it too.it should be played before congress and ll the senators.

"Be a HERO and Help STOP SOPA Now!! I'll tell you How! This Video that Must Be SHARED!"

www.youtube.com...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOPA & PIPA HORROR STORY Exposed in the UK Richard O'Dwyer by Mike Mozart MegaUpload

www.youtube.com...

edit on 21-1-2012 by nobodysavedme because: more info

edit on 21-1-2012 by nobodysavedme because: more info

new topics

top topics

join