It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perth Storms 21/01/2012 (Pics)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

good job thanks allot, I have a new wallpaper...

thank you..

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
nniiiiiccceeeeeeee post op, that is sooo sweeeeeeeet.

i love big storms and loud thunder, i like feeling the electricity in the atmosphere and the fear from experiencing it.
great photos, really awesome photos. peace

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Those pictures are amazing! Looks like the electrical storms we have back home in the spring. Yes, the weather certainly has been wonky this winter. Here in the DC Metro area we've had temps in the 50's & 60's F one day then the next in the 20's. I came out of work about 45 minutes ago to snow. My fiancee called, as he does every night & we talk until I'm through my front door, saying it was sleeting where he is which is about 12 miles north of me. THIS is "normal" for this area in late Jan, the warm temps we've been having isn't but I'd take that any day over this mess!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Mate, sometime in all of that, there was one particular strike that made me literally jump out of bed, so loud and cracking while the others appeared to be moving away - scared the poop outta me!

And it turns out that a local business nearby were hit by that strike, one guy was found on the ground shaking. Not a direct hit, but close, so he's in the hospital.

But yeah, this is Perth, that was one hell of a storm, and strangely, we got very short heavy rain, nothing to flood us here.

It was a beautiful way to wake up however, a distant rumbling, soothing... calming... BANG CRACK GET UP ALARM CLOCK!!!!! lol

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I just read this on nine news...

Amazing lightning storms seen from space

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I hope the CC Mariners v Adelaide United match has plenty of strikes too!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Awesome pics man. Makes me wish i was in perth with my DSLR and tripod. Melbourne just doesnt get the kind of storm activity like this.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It was one of the most amazing storms to watch, it was right over my house!
My mother has some video's on her phone, I'll try and upload them for you guys, the lightning looked so cool!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I guess thats headed in our direction next. They're forecasting possible thunderstorms for SA tomorrow, will have to wait and see if we get a light and sound show like that...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

yipeee, I am in SA so hope we do get a storm like that.

it is really overcast, strange weather for summer. I love thunder and lightning... hope we get something like that here

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
There was a storm a month ago in Perth that I also have never seen anything like, and I've lived in a lot of severe storm areas. The lightening was different to what I've witnessed previously. The underside of the cloud bank was "alive" with charges. This probably has a name but I have never seen anything like it. I was actually very afraid as I watchd it from the banks of the Swan River in the city.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Yer,we had some pretty intense thunderstorms.

Thanks for sharing OP.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Its the same here in South Africa. In 2011 there were more cases of people being hit by lightning than during any other in recorded history

edit on 21-1-2012 by ShaunSwindon because: Left a word out.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Great pic

It will be even better if you can record it.... Phewwwww.... Lots of things going around the world these days huh? Wonder why those lighting happening all over Australia..... Fuuhh....

It looks like root of a tree....

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The Sun had a coronal mass ejection (CME) recently that pointed straight at earth. It was expected to hit earth about now, potentially causing communication problems and other electrical effects. I'd say theres a good chance its related to the lightning on show today in Aussie.

content.usatoday.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I went to the link showing that last 24hrs activity and I must say I am absolutely stunned. Can I assume it's NOT a normal thing to see virtually nonstop, overlapping and continuous lightening across the ENTIRE CONTINENT of Australia on it's northern 20% or so??

Maybe it's a freak thing about being a giant island of sorts? Or is this really as disturbing a thing as it looks for being new and different?

I'd just gone to check google earth out of curiosity and the full national map cuts off abruptly to the east edge beyond Australia's coast, but what is covered is a west to east track of over 2,500 miles of near continous energy at that high level.

edit on 21-1-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Those pictures are amazing
Some of the best lightning shots I've ever seen.

I've never seen anything like that before - in fact, I can't remember the last time I saw a single ground strike, but it was a good few years ago!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I'm based in Secret Harbour OP - and oh yes did we have one heck of a storm (SH about 20mins away from Mandurah in case outside of Auztralians haven't got a clue).

I have been here over 4 years and never known a storm like it, ever, full stop
was awesome... apart from the lack of sleep that night

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Thats some awesome pictures.......

One thing ive realised about this current summer period in OZ....the electrical storms this summer are much more intense than all the previous summers.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Them pictures are amazing.
My sisters over that way, she slept thru it tassie people must be used to this kinda stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join