It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lycan or Vampire?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I apologize if this has been discussed before but didn't find much when I did a search...

If you had a choice between becoming a lycan or a vampire, which would you chose and why?
Also-which mythos would you prefer? Example, a vampire from Bram Stoker's mythos or from the Underworld series.

Personally, I'd much rather be a vampire. They are deadly accurate, sexy, intelligent, and able to integrate more easily into society.

How about you?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Honestly i think this post turned me on a little
lol

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'd rather be a vampire from the Hellsing universe, the reason being that they hold true to the supernatural vampire myths such as the ability to change form into bats or fog, unlike the typical modern vampires which tend to rationalize vampirism as some kind of virus that grants superhuman abilities (strength, speed, invulnerability except to certain weapons) with the drawback of relying on human blood for sustenance and vulnerability to sunlight.

The only problem is I wouldn't be able to become a Hellsing-style vampire because only virgins will become vampires when bitten. Non-virgins become mindless ghouls which are controlled by the vampire who drank their blood.
edit on 20/1/2012 by Glass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Lycan, "Underworld" style.

In terms of classwar, vampires always struck me as being the elite who sit around in fancy castles drinking sparkling blood. It's us warewolves that gotta bust some balls to keep up our status. Plus, we can handle sunlight

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I usually hate any topic regarding vampires, but I've never thought about this. I'd be a Bram Stoker vampire. I don't think I've ever dome anything to make someone want to stab me in the heart or decapitate me, but where I'm from I could see being shot. I'm sure someone would figure out the silver thing. Plus, have you ever seen a gross female vamp?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
A hard choice..

It would have to be Lycan.. one their more like grunts than vampires who remind me of officers..

And on a more personal note.. There is a goth/rock club I go to sometimes and there is this amasingly beautiful lesbian girl there I know.. Now I know your wondering what that has to do with anything... Well rumour control has it that as well as liking the ladies she finds quadropeds quite alluring too.. So I figure Half dog / Half a chance right guys..

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Natame
Honestly i think this post turned me on a little
lol

Stars for you!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glass
I'd rather be a vampire from the Hellsing universe, the reason being that they hold true to the supernatural vampire myths such as the ability to change form into bats or fog, unlike the typical modern vampires which tend to rationalize vampirism as some kind of virus that grants superhuman abilities (strength, speed, invulnerability except to certain weapons) with the drawback of relying on human blood for sustenance and vulnerability to sunlight.

The only problem is I wouldn't be able to become a Hellsing-style vampire because only virgins will become vampires when bitten. Non-virgins become mindless ghouls which are controlled by the vampire who drank their blood.
edit on 20/1/2012 by Glass because: (no reason given)

I also favor the cannon-style vampirism. I'm not a fan that being a vampire is because of a virus...it diminshes the preternatural beauty of the vampire.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Lycan, "Underworld" style.

In terms of classwar, vampires always struck me as being the elite who sit around in fancy castles drinking sparkling blood. It's us warewolves that gotta bust some balls to keep up our status. Plus, we can handle sunlight

While I prefer the vampire to the lycan, I have a "healthy" respect for the lycan, in general, and especially in the Underworld series. I always found the vampires in the Underworld series a little too "bourgeois" for my taste. I did enjoy the Death Dealer warrior though. That was a pretty cool class of vampires.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea
I usually hate any topic regarding vampires, but I've never thought about this. I'd be a Bram Stoker vampire. I don't think I've ever dome anything to make someone want to stab me in the heart or decapitate me, but where I'm from I could see being shot. I'm sure someone would figure out the silver thing. Plus, have you ever seen a gross female vamp?

Excellent choice! There was a certain romance about Bram Stoker's vampire legend. The movie was part horror, part romance, a pure tragedy.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
lycan "american werewolf in london" style

vampires are cold and dead. well, undead, but you get the point

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Ape
A hard choice..

It would have to be Lycan.. one their more like grunts than vampires who remind me of officers..

And on a more personal note.. There is a goth/rock club I go to sometimes and there is this amasingly beautiful lesbian girl there I know.. Now I know your wondering what that has to do with anything... Well rumour control has it that as well as liking the ladies she finds quadropeds quite alluring too.. So I figure Half dog / Half a chance right guys..

Peace

Rock Ape

Another vote for a lycan! Nice. Quadroped...now that's one I have never heard!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Personally, my preference is Human.

Being an underdog sort of person, and the challenge of supernatural large game, just imagine me in my cabin with werewolf heads mounted on the wall, and vamp skulls as book ends.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I would be a twilight vampire, shining and sparkling like a diamond farie, mm no, not really.

I think i would prefer a vampire, but like someone above said, hellsing kind.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
My knee-jerk reaction would be Lycan.
I like the strength and the sheer animalistic freedom in a natural setting.

However, I must really say Vampire.
Being HIV-poz has perhaps reminded me often of alienation.
I think there are certain similarities between the vampire and being HIV-poz.

You have to constantly protect people who are not like you.
You end up constantly reminding yourself of your "otherness", and the poison in your blood.
The werewolf is a full moon problem; the Vampire is a second-by-second negotiation through culture and reality.
So that's what I am experiencing.
edit on 20-1-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Werewolf, the kind that can shift at will, whatever genre theyre from. I dont like the whole "full moon" hollywood bologna.

Why: because to me werewolves are close to nature, full of life and vitality, and embody the wilderness and the wild, and freedom. Vampires are the opposite; symbolizing death, entropy, the evil that can not withstand the light, and self-imposed bondage to in this case blood, in exchange for whatever they metaphorically sold their souls for.

Werewolves and vampires are diametrically opposed in my book.

Personally, I'd much rather be a vampire. They are deadly accurate, sexy, intelligent, and able to integrate more easily into society.

Its a funny conversation really, because the original vampire and werewolf are nothing like the common modern interpretations. One was a hideous and almost mindless humanoid mosquito who was damned, and the other was a witch in satans service who was also damned.

Funny how things change.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

The scene in American Werewolf in London in the subway scares the hell out of me! I was in NYC last weekend and travelled in the subway and it was crazy!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I can totally envision this in my head! Please don't use my skull as a book-end!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I think my avatar sort of give you my opinion. Victor from Underworld
Raw meat doesn't appeal to me at all, but I do enjoy blood and spices, fried up with a good Sunday breakfast.

edit on 22/1/2012 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The vampire in old tales was one freaky thing.
Always saying the weirdest things ,
like asking for their shoes.

en.wikipedia.org...

wikipedia, yeah, but still..

Vampires...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join