It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France Suspends Afghan Military Operations After Troop Deaths

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Those countries in Afghanistan should have been withdrawn from that country years ago. Just a pity other countries such as the UK cannot follow France's lead, withdraw their troops, rather than let numerous soldiers die for no reason what so ever.

But that is political ideology for you one supposes.
edit on 20-1-2012 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
While I do not find the subject matter funny, nor do I believe in this war, I must say that the French aren't helping their rep as white flaggers

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by daaskapital

We have gotten no where in the War?? Yeah we have. They are all just sitting under Iran and Pakistan diplomatic relations atm.

If we didnt want to piss Pakistan / Iran off ... the terrorist would be tracked down and slaughtered.

You leave now ... they come to a town near you when they gather more strength and money.

They need to be hunted down and killed. We cant do that with Pakistan pussy footing around. Pakistan is falling apart.
edit on 20-1-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Are you deranged?

Do you actually believe that paranoid nonsense you typed?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

If we didnt want to piss Pakistan / Iran off ... the terrorist would be tracked down and slaughtered.

Oh really...and how exactly are you going to tell that they are a terrorist?

Will they be wearing a badge saying "TERRORIST" or will they have a neon sign on their head?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I agree that the United States (and the UK) have got nowhere in the war and at least the French aren't so stupid as to wait until their soldier's deaths number in the thousands before considering withdrawing.

Unless Americans somehow think thousands of soldiers coming home in body bags is progress...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Bring the troops home. All of them, the job is done they have installed their central bank in Afghanistan. Just like they did in Iraq and Libya too.. The banking cartel extending it clutches in the world.. When you own the money you own the country,,,

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

I am glad that France is standing up for the soldier's deaths. I do find it ironic that France stood up and done something about the deaths of their National soldiers, but hardly lifted a finger when it came to the French Foreign Legion deaths from Afghan troops (although, they are expendable according to France).

One thing i am peeved about though is that when these attacks happen to Australian troops, our leader doesn't give a crap at all! She just says "These incidents are infrequent and shouldn't be used as a decision to leave Afghanistan"

www.voanews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Um. The Taliban win: they executed 1 single attack that made an entire nation flee in fear instead of providing adequate security for their troops. It's a running joke: the contribution of UN forces to the efforts in Afghanistan. Every nation other than the US just sits in their FOB in fear. Better off without them.

French being French.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Not an unknown move for the French.
Not that I support the war at all, simply making a observation based on historical data.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine
Every nation other than the US just sits in their FOB in fear. Better off without them.

French being French.

Are you serious? If that was the case where do you think the deaths from countries like England, France, Australia, New Zealand, Germany and countless others came from? You sir are an idiot. Have you served in Afghanistan? If you have you would know that every coalition force does their own thing in their own area of operations, excluding the Special Forces, who all work together on more important missions over the whole area of Afghanistan. Every country plays a major role in Afghanistan.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Every nation other than the US just sits in their FOB in fear. Better off without them.

You're are a disgrace.

And Americans wonder why they're hated.

Considering the French helped the United States win the War of Independence you'd think Americans would have more respect. Ingrates....

I have a lot of respect for the French who lost their lives in war, partiuclarly during the World Wars.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join