It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gasoline Prices In Your Area.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
2.90 in colorado

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sevensheeps
Well I have a part time student job at a gas station and here it is per liter.

Supreme. 1.829

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SaMgLo87

Hi,

I am outside the USA, in Bulgaria to be more precise. I have been to the States several times and it depends entirely on the region/state that you are located, but still the gas price ranges between $ 3.7 per gallon to $ 4.2 per gallon (roughly). Definitely, a price of $ 3.6 per gallon is far from being the most expensive one, esp. in New York

Just for a short reference: 1 gallon ~ 3.8 liters, and the price for the regular gas here in Bulgaria is $ 1.65 per liter, which roughly makes $6.27 per gallon of reg. gas!
In addition, according to the "averagesalarysurvey.com" (1) the average annual salary in the USA for 2011 was estimated to be around $47 000 ( approximately $3900 per month), whereas for Bulgaria is around $5 360 (approximately $447 per month) (2).
The currency transformation is calculated according to our official central bank currency exchange rate.

So, we are still far ahead from you guys in the "highest price for gas" competition.

Hope that will alleviate your frustration!

Ref.: (1) www.averagesalarysurvey.com...
(2) sofiaecho.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
£1.40 p/l for petrol near me

So that's $2.18 p/l x 3.79 = $8.25 per US gallon

If it were UK gallon then it would be nearly $10!

edit on 21/1/2012 by Kliskey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Interesting development in petrol and diesel prices in the UK Not only has petrol and especially diesel been hitting new heights as much as £144 ($2.24) per litre for diesel in some rip off garages ,the gap between the two has widened dramaticly.
On some forecourts the difference is 11pence. Thats quite a lot when you consider that a tank of diesel could cost as much as £7 more to fill your tank. Of course this can make a mockery of owning a diesel in the first place and in fact if you do under 18000 miles a year a diesel will be more expensive to run. Add the fact that new and especially second hand petrol cars are cheaper than diesel one to purchase and service you really need to sit down with a calculator to work out what is best for you. Me personally I have a diesel work car my wife runs petrol 1 series however if I really want to save on fuel and parking I take my honda cbr 600 sports bike its cheaper quicker free to park and I don't get stuck in traffic.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
In my little part of rural Wales, the local garage is charging £1.41 a litre for standard unleaded. It does get cheaper when you get into the larger towns with supermarket petrol, but I would rather spend locally and support a local business which also provides me with cheap and fair repairs, services, parts and MOT tests.

Good job I drive a car with a fairly frugal 1.2L engine.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I live 60 miles from the UK biggest oil refinery but it makes not an ounce of difference to the price of fuel here. Hell I could drive to a garage within a mile of it and it makes no difference

currently we are paying £1.30 per litre (unleaded) so thats £5.91 per UK gallon covert to US dollars = $9.27 a Gallon!!!
thats about 3 times more than you guys in America pay.

Mind you for us around 85% of that is fuel duty which is just a fancy name for tax.
edit on 21-1-2012 by jpmail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SaMgLo87

WA state, US - $3.09/gal

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Brisbane Australia its like $1.37 per litre for 91 octane, and $1.50 for 98 octane.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Brisbane Australia its like $1.37 per litre for 91 octane, and $1.50 for 98 octane.

just paid $1.73 liter in melbourne for premium 98 octane unleaded

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Diesel fuel near me is £1.59 per litre which equates (in the antiquated imperial system!) as....

....wait for it....

$7.23 per imperial gallon.

It really annoys me when Americans moan about fuel prices. You don't know you're born.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaMgLo87

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
£1.34 a litre here in the UK.....4.54 litres in a gallon.....$1.54 dollars to the pound....$9.36 a gallon!!!!

And you think you have it bad over the pond LOL.

there is 3.79 liters in a gallon not 4.54. I personally think that the metric system makes much more sense. liter, meter, etc. Not gallon and miles and blah blah blah.

Actually both of these volume measures are found in North America, the Imperial gallon in Canada = 4.5 liters
while the US gallon = 3.8 liters by the standard metric system.

Shoppers need to keep in mind the pumps at the point of sale measure volume and volume of petroleum products expand and contract more than 10% over the range of temperatures found at the surface around the world. Generally if the metal part of the pump nozzle feels cold it is a good time to fill up. If the nozzle warms up
while you are pumping, consider your options.

This week the price at all the stations in Las Cruces New Mexico on I-10 just west of I-25 is $ 3.01 US/ gallon
for folks who would rather drive than give our finger nail clippers to the TSA.

Going west on I-10 to AZ try to plan not to stop in Wilcox unless you enjoy paying $ 3.45 US/gallon.

Several reasons for price variations go back to the Clinton Administration. EPA formulas to comply with clean air
regulations require fuels to vary slightly among States. These formulas vary by location and season. Imagine how difficult it is to send many different formulas over one pipeline system. We in the USA have created a requirement that puts a big burden on our fuel distribution system. The higher price in and around big cities reflexs the cost of EPA compliance.

Just imagine how your water bill would look if we change the rules and required our municipal water company to deliver water with floride on Mondays only and not the others days of the week. This is the scale of the burden we have regulated on our fuel distribution system. A better solution would be to encourage the use of engines that burn fuel at a higher temperature and eliminate the need for the extra cost of fuel additives.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Slovakia: 1.35 euro a liter, equivalent to cca $6.60 a gallon.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Yeah its 1.55 euros per litre here in dublin, which is... 1.55X3.79=5.87 Euros a gallon, so its about 7.59 Dollars a gallon.
but the cars in ireland have smaller engines so we dont tend to use too m uch fuel. But still its expensive!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Over here in England the average is about £1.30-£1.40 a liter.
I think the prices over here are extreme.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kutso

Originally posted by DaRAGE

just paid $1.73 liter in melbourne for premium 98 octane unleaded

We're paying $3.17 per gallon here in South Carolina... and I thought that was high...

I just found this... every single state in the U.S. (excluding Hawaii) is half of what you pay in Australia: gasbuddy.com...
edit on 21/1/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pardon?
Diesel fuel near me is £1.59 per litre which equates (in the antiquated imperial system!) as....

....wait for it....

$7.23 per imperial gallon.

It really annoys me when Americans moan about fuel prices. You don't know you're born.

We gotta moan about something!

What the heck is an "imperial" gallon?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

One imperial gallon is approximately equal to 1.2 U.S. gallons.
You could substitute the word imperial for UK or Commonwealth.

And they say everything is bigger in the States...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Well i ....make houses... lol

No dropping the Euro will definitely make things worse for Greece.
I don t know what a possible total collapse of the eurozone would mean to Greece though.

Things are a mess and a few meters beyond chaotic.

Thats not only for Europe but also for the USA, if not for the best part of the globe.

If you have a lot of our old currency i can look it up for you and see if you can still convert it to euros or dollars.

Regards,
GTG

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]Here are the prices in my area....

[color=deepskyblue]It's about $3.50 a gallon in northwest Ohio.
edit on 21-1-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join