It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gasoline Prices In Your Area.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

Originally posted by SaMgLo87

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
£1.34 a litre here in the UK.....4.54 litres in a gallon.....$1.54 dollars to the pound....$9.36 a gallon!!!!

And you think you have it bad over the pond LOL.

there is 3.79 liters in a gallon not 4.54. I personally think that the metric system makes much more sense. liter, meter, etc. Not gallon and miles and blah blah blah.

It seems the US gallon and the UK gallon are two different measures !

UK is 4.54 litres per gallon.

US is 3.78 litres per gallon.

Who'd have thunked it.

en.wikipedia.org... UK uses Imperial Gallons.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
i am in northern california and regular is selling for 3.75 a gallon here as of today

3.45 here in N Calif.
Use the app Gasbuddy and it will tell you the real prices anywhere.
Gas is going for 3.55 in New York. Gulf station in Staten Island. 7-11s are at 3.61. Sounds ok to me,
not 3.80 per OP.
edit on 1/20/2012 by Jim Scott because: update

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
In Portugal, we´re paying about 1,63€ for one litre of gasoline...considering our minimal wages of about 485€ a month,it´s getting unbearable.
I´m spending about a tenth of my salary just to get to work, and I live right next door and just use my car for this purpose... and most of us drive silly little cars around here, no big V8´s nor V6´s...
We are all chocking to death really...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sequentialgear
In Portugal, we´re paying about 1,63€ for one litre of gasoline...considering our minimal wages of about 485€ a month,it´s getting unbearable.
I´m spending about a tenth of my salary just to get to work, and I live right next door and just use my car for this purpose... and most of us drive silly little cars around here, no big V8´s nor V6´s...
We are all chocking to death really...

Use a bicycle. Better for everyone. I would.
Hope things get better for you all there. That financial problem was pretty tough.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I don't want to start another thread on CIGS, but DAMN, down in manhattan you will pay 14 dollars average for a pack of newports, down in brigantine, atlantic city area (not sure if this goes for other parts of jersey) you can get TWO packs of newports for 15 dollars (when you buy two). UNREAL!!!!

lol

When it gets so cigarettes though, its cheap here!!

For a pack of 20 brand name cigarettes, its about 2.50 - 3.50 dollars!!

You can even find cheaper ones that is about 1.50 for a pack of twenty.

vvv

Wow, thats just scary, cheapest pack in Australia is about $10 for a pack of 20, ranging to about $25-$30 for a pack of 40s. So glad I don't smoke anymore...

As for fuel, we are about the same as Italy, around $1.45 a litre depending on where you are, so I guess that is around $5.50 a gallon. It is lower now than it has been, at one stage it was around $1.70 a litre, when the dollar wasn't as strong.
Sad thing is I have driving for just over 20 years, and when I first started it was around 65c a litre....

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
$3.09 is the average here in Missouri
edit on 20-1-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

well, as much as I would like it to be, Portugal isn´t the Netherlands... I sure could use the exercise, but the way portuguese people drive, makes it too darn dangerous.
and we´ve got some pretty steep hills as well!
The worse part is that things won´t get any better, because there´s lots of corruption everywhere.
What would you do, if your prime minister stated that it would be better for you to leave the nation?
It´s a beautiful, doomed country...
edit on 20-1-2012 by sequentialgear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SaMgLo87

$2.99 to $3.07 in Boise ID

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
2.50$ per liter in Oslo, Norway.
Thank god I don't use a car!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by aaAlex

This article by The Oil Drum predicts that oil prices will dramatically decline the first half of this year to $45 - $55 a barrel. Let's hope. I've been a home-based employee in Texas since October 2011 so I haven't felt the burden of high gas prices lately but of course I'd like the price of gas/oil to drop, since high gas prices makes the price of goods go up.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

In Sydney Australia we pay anything from $1.20 & $1.40 per Litre. Depends where you are in the cycle!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
In Tinley Park (outside of Chicago), I paid 3.67 for regular today, in the city it's over 4.00 per gallon

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Last time I put gas on, which was a couple of days ago, it was $3.35/gallon for regular unleaded and I think it was like $3.80/gallon for diesel which is crazy. I couldn't imagine paying what some other countries do for gas though, even $0.99/liter is almost $4/gallon.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven
reply to post by aaAlex

This article by The Oil Drum predicts that oil prices will dramatically decline the first half of this year to $45 - $55 a barrel. Let's hope. I've been a home-based employee in Texas since October 2011 so I haven't felt the burden of high gas prices lately but of course I'd like the price of gas/oil to drop, since high gas prices makes the price of goods go up.

But over here the scummy oil companies never pass the discounts on and always raise the price at holiday time! They have that much of a stranglehold over our economy that all governments left or right are virtually powerless against their predatory price gouging.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I paid like $3.75ish yesterday for gas. But I have to buy 92, so it is a bit more expensive then normal gas.

This is in North East Pennsylvania.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
what is the regulation on gas prices in the us?
i cant remember exactly, but i heard once they do something like; a gas station can only raise or lower their price based on a % range of all gas stations within a 2mile radius.

not exactly, but it was similar to that.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by vtcajun

Per Liter It varies between (depending on your location, prices vary greatly even when petrol stations are right next to each other)
$1.45-$1.60 around here for regular 95 unleaded
$1.35-$1.45 for 91 E-10 unleaded
$1.50 for diesel
and Ive also seen prices are high as $2.10 for premium 98 unleaded

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Well I have a part time student job at a gas station and here it is per liter.

Supreme. 1.829

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
btw I live in Maastricht, Holland.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
A little over a week ago I caught a special here in College Station, Tx, and filled up for $3.00 / gal.
I think it is around $3.30 or so now...somewhere between $3.10 and $3.30 I believe.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join