It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gasoline Prices In Your Area.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I saw a recent news broadcast on gas prices in the USA. I'm curious to see what people have to say because I noticed the gas in my town is much more than they say. Here in good old New York, about 45 miles north of Manhattan, we are STILL paying 3.80 a gallon. The news broadcast said New York has the most expensive gas in the country, at 3.60 a gallon. I'd like to know where in New York you can get gas for 3.60 a gallon! The cheapest I can find is 3.75. If you are down south, out west, or even in another country, how much do you pay for a gallon of gas?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
i am in northern california and regular is selling for 3.75 a gallon here as of today

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SaMgLo87

R10.34 per liter

That is about $1.50 dollar a liter.

Not sure about your silly system with gallons and such,

vvv

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
San Antonio, TX
3.14 a gallon when I glanced at the price yesterday.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
italy, 1,80 euro. we go in nearby slovenia and have 1,30 euro. lots of italian pumps closing down.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Southeast Texas here. I filled car up 2 days ago and paid $3.17 per gallon. I guess having a lot of refineries around has its perks every once in a while!

It's amazing to me how much of a difference there is in gas prices all within the same state, much less the same country.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Whoa! 1.50 a liter? Are you sure? There is 3.79 liters in a gallon. so 3.79 x 1.50 = 5.69 a gallon!!!

is that right? geeze! Where are you?

link   
since 1 gallon is 3,78 litres and i am paying 1,38 € /litre than I am paying 5,22 € / gallon...
That is 6,7 USD / gallon !!!!!!
Almost twice the price you are paying....Unreal!!

link   
Here in the UK its £1.43 per litre for diesel

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Eastern Iowa. It went down to $3.09 until they dropped the ethanol subsidies. Now it's around $3.25.

EDIT: Just want to say we can't get non-ethanol gas around here.
edit on 20-1-2012 by N3k9Ni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'm going to have to convert euro to dollar and do the math to figure the price per gallon in dollars, only way it'll make sense to me. I'm curious to see what people are paying because there is a rumor that gas in my area will be 4 bucks a gallon soon. It is .20 more than where we are at right now, which is not good. I put 20 dollars in the tank and get squat! Not even close to half a tank! I'm going to start riding a bike!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
In Ottawa Canada it's 1.21 a litre which is about 5.00 a gallon !!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SaMgLo87

Read my post and think again...I could kill for the price you are paying

link   

Originally posted by borutp
since 1 gallon is 3,78 litres and i am paying 1,38 € /litre than I am paying 5,22 € / gallon...
That is 6,7 USD / gallon !!!!!!
Almost twice the price you are paying....Unreal!!

HOLY FREAKIN COW!!!!! wow, and here I am complaining about the 3.80 a gallon in new york. I cannot believe you are paying that much for gas.

link   
reply to post by showintail

Damn thats cheap, & I thought we were supposed to have the cheapest gas here in NJ? As of today, our gas here in SJ is between $3.19-3.26 a gallon....Its different every single day

link   

Originally posted by rick004
In Ottawa Canada it's 1.21 a litre which is about 5.00 a gallon !!!!

Unreal. How the heck can they get away with charging SO MUCH MONEY!!!! How do they expect people to survive?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
Southeast Texas here. I filled car up 2 days ago and paid $3.17 per gallon. I guess having a lot of refineries around has its perks every once in a while!

It's amazing to me how much of a difference there is in gas prices all within the same state, much less the same country.

no you have george bush and the rest of the murderous criminals that massacred iraqi's for cheap oil to thank for it.

enjoy you blood stained gasoline. 100 of thousands of dead iraqi's are dead and buried so you can pay $3.17.

enjoy your perk.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaMgLo87
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Whoa! 1.50 a liter? Are you sure? There is 3.79 liters in a gallon. so 3.79 x 1.50 = 5.69 a gallon!!!

is that right? geeze! Where are you?

South Africa mate. I know its very expensive.

That is why i always giggle inside when i hear you guys complain about petrol prices in America! lol

Our petrol price also fluctuates every month, so one month it might be 5.69 a gallon, the next maybe 5.00, next time maybe 5.80, it is really ridiculous.

vvv

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
reply to post by showintail

Damn thats cheap, & I thought we were supposed to have the cheapest gas here in NJ? As of today, our gas here in SJ is between $3.19-3.26 a gallon....Its different every single day

I go to atlantic city quite often. My family has a home in brigantine, it is so beautiful down there. So I am lucky enough to have a place where I can go and kick back and enjoy the ocean. When I get over the new york/jersey border gas drops at least 40 cents a gallon. I'm like, "why"? ....strange ya know? And when I head back up, right before the border to new york there is that rest stop on the garden state, um, dam what is it i can't remember, its like up by exit 160 ish or maybe a little higher up? montvale? i can't remember, all i know is i stop there and FILL up before gettin into newyork where EVERYthing is so damn expensive. I don't want to start another thread on CIGS, but DAMN, down in manhattan you will pay 14 dollars average for a pack of newports, down in brigantine, atlantic city area (not sure if this goes for other parts of jersey) you can get TWO packs of newports for 15 dollars (when you buy two). UNREAL!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I Know I am no where near New York But in Toronto,Canada we are paying 1.22-1.25 per liter which works out to be around $4.60 a Gallon!!!!!..........ITS CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join