It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Powell: Unlikely WMD Stocks Will Be Found in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
I'm aware you are not in control of the entire country but this war was about WMD so the first and highest priority would have been to secure those sites during the earliest days of the war.

Me? i am not in control of anything, lol.

But, you must be aware that the coalition does not have the manpower to keep troops in all those areas. This is why they would completly destroy those facilities and banned materials that were still standing.

Again this is my guess, I could be wrong.

[edit on 14-9-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
And btw.... it was in the UNSCOM's report of 1999 where the UN reports they were unable to account for 4,000 tonnes of chemical used in the production of weapons and 600+ tonnes of unnacounted chemicals used in the production of nerve gas. According to this report there were 31,000 chemical weapons munition that were also unnacounted for.

These figures were either wrong, or somehow Saddam sold them/hid them/or got rid of most of them in some other way. But, the report comes from the UN. Was the UN wrong?

Above information can be found at.
www.iraqwatch.org...

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
This hasn't been upgraded due to the clearly visible bias in the article.

Please keep the facts you are reporting rather than back story of the war and why you think it was acceptable.

If you wish to make your views clear then use Op/Ed.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
[edit on 14-9-2004 by FredT]

[edit on 14-9-2004 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Nevermind

[edit on 14-9-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Let's not forget that this was the man who ordered his entire air force to be buried in the desert to keep it safe... and wrecked most of it in the process!

www.acig.org...

[edit on 15-9-2004 by mattpryor]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join