It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Flare / Electro Magnetic Storm Alart for the Weekend

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by murkraz

The Sun cycle is 11 years. That's 9 cycles a century. Likely been happening for billions of years.

What is there that makes this cycle any different? For one it is expected to be below average in activity.

Where does this come from?

The big difference today is that the sun is being studied closely and we can see these things happen. A while back people were blissfully unaware of such solar activity and it went unnoticed because it has no affect on life on Earth. Satellites and a large power grid can be damaged.

It seems that this real time viewing of the Sun gives scientists information about the Sun and gives worriers something else to fret about.

I'm not saying there's much of anything special about this cycle, I'm just saying that it will peak, and I'm putting it out there that M-class and X-class flares will be more common next year, by how much I don't know, but I'm sure they will be - but yes, there'll always be those who make a fuss about it and get all horny with the thought of doom.

I'm personally not taking NASA's proposed predictions as totally sound and perfect at present. Take from that what you will but I don't buy into the whole next cycle as being as weak as they have proposed. That doesn't mean that I think that it'll be an exceptionally strong peak either, but I think that it'll be a bit more than they've put forth. The proposed Sunspot peak is said to be around 90 in May of 2013, though we've already seen as many as 150 sunspots or more during certain rotations in the past couple of months.

At present we have 68 sunspots and things are very quiet once more after a more bumpier past two weeks. If my post was all doom and gloom I apologize, but that wasn't my intent.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Wonder if the SOL/SUN is feeling the effects Earth is emitting with the WAR fears ect. What would SOL just let EArth become a toxic nuclear fake HELL for the real hell there is no peace, 1 wonders. I guess many must watch any potential escalation on warfare with SOL behavior more war bigger M class "X" class flare. Is this FAIR? Balance

But then..... You would have to consider SOL/SUN and other celestial objects AWARE
which shouldnt be too hard to do since ANY reading this have a large chance at being Star material formulated into 3dimensional environment suits/bodies--YOU
SHALL WE ALL* BEHAVE NOW, HMMMMMMMMM , MY SHADES PLEASE

edit on 1/26/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The flare has passed, near the Earth, didn't damage, you can call it over for this topic

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join