It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Ram Inn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Situated in Wotton-Under-Edge, Gloucestershire, is an old Inn that is said to be the most haunted place in all of England and one of the most haunted places in the world. This Inn is said to be sitting on top of an old Pagan burial ground where rituals and black magic were carried out during that time. Today, the Inn doubles as a history museum and is one of the oldest buildings in the area. Spectral apparitions, poltergeist, shadow people, various demons and spirits of Monks and Priests are said to haunt this place. A spirit of a dog and a cat. The Incubus and the Succubus are also said to reside here. There are legends that Satanism took place here along with child sacrifices. There have been reportedly remains of children found here.

The Inn has had a number of owners and inhabitants. The church first owned the Inn. Priests used it for keeping slaves and workers who were constructing the nearby Church of St. Mary.

Allegedly, there are a lot of secret compartments to this Inn such as underground tunnels and hidden cellars that were said to house inmates of untimely deaths or incidents which have resulted in their death of bad fortune. Bones and the remains of previous owners of this Inn are also said to of been found here according to the stories.

The Inn was said to of been built around 1145.

In recent times, there have been Priests that have refused to step foot inside of the Inn saying that they "Feel the evil" inside of it.

Lets have a look at this evil place.

History

The Ancient Ram Inn is a Grade 2 listed building. The Ram was originally owned by the local church St. Marys the Virgin and is thought to have housed the craftsmen that built the present church in 1283 which was consecrated on 19th August 1283 by Bishop Gifford of Worcester. St Marys is built on the foundations of a Saxon Church that dates back to the tenth century. In 1311 St Marys Church was appropriated to St Augustine's Abbey in Bristol. Around about the same time there was housed in Wotton a community of Crutched Friars who also followed the Augustin Rule and as the Church was attached to the Abbey in Bristol, it might well be that they occupied the Ram for the short time there were in Wotton. Ancient maps show the original building to have been three times as large as today's building. Indeed, on a survey taken in 1763 there was a Tan Yard adjoining the Ram ~ hence the previous name of Tan House. Next door to this was the local Workhouse which later became an infants school, then a mortuary and car park. In the survey the whole of this land id referred to as 'Hospitall Lands' church property 'from time immemorial'! On a map of 1889 it also shows a smithy to the other side of the Ram. For hundreds of years past owners and tenants were mostly involved in the woolen trade which was what the town of Wotton-Under-Edge was famous for. There is reputed to be a tunnel from the fireplace in the bar to the Church and another tunnel somewhere else in the building to Lacock Abbey. Originally there were cellars which have been filled in. From 1820 onwards the Ram was Brewery Property with various Brewers and Landlords. This fabulous ancient building is owned and home to John Humphries.

Source: www.ghostsandportals.com...
Known Ghostly pictures taken at the Inn

Ram Inn Photographs

Ram Inn Ghost Sightings

Ram Inn Witches Room Cry

High Strangeness Video of Ram Inn

More Ram Inn evidence. Orbs and EMF footage

Shadow Being in Ram Inn

A Psychic/Medium's report on Ancient Ram Inn:

As soon as I entered the Ram I felt very sick and as though I had to be on guard. In the Bar area I felt the energy of a young man aged 17-20 years old with a dirty appearance he was warning me to be careful upstairs as there is a bad spirit up there. At the same time I was able to see a small child, poor appearance wearing a flat cap with a cheeky personality. I felt that these spirits were here together. I also felt that there was a name linked to these spirits beginning with an L. I also had the feeling that the bar area had changed to a different date and that the building had no upstairs area. In the Witches room I became aware of an older female spirit standing behind the chair adjacent to the window. I feel that she was not very pleasant and may have lived in this building before and would punish people by being spiteful especially to children. I sat in the chair by the window and had a feeling of her behind me putting her hands around my throat and trying to strangle me. I also saw a Priest, he was dressed all in black with a white collar but I believe he was not a good spirit I feel he was very dark and had an interest in witchcraft or Devil worship. In the Bishops room I did not really sense a great deal all I could see was that a priest would also visit this room. In the Attic I was sitting in the far end of the room on the right at the top of the stairs, I was aware of my hair being touched so much so that I decided to move seats. I felt in the other side of the attic that there was a inhuman energy it was laving low where the roof slanted. I could see that it had human hands and a human head but different eyes, mouth and feet it was like laying on its front with its hands and legs stretched out ready to pounce! Returning to the Witches room I was aware of a young lady standing by the end of the table she was wearing a long shinny pale blue dress, she had long hair with it tided back at the top with flowers braided into it. I feel she was a pagan and at one with the earth.

Source: spookytimesltd.webs.com...
edit on 20-1-2012 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Do we have anyone here on ATS that lives near this area that could tell us about it from a personal experience? Anyone here been there?

A lot seem to think that this Ram Inn sits on a portal to hell or something. There is a huge hodgepodge of evil Paranormal activity going on there.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Good stuff you got here friend. I jus have time to glance over now but I will be back to go over it all.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Thanks.

I hope we have some people from ATS that live near the area or at the very least, have been there to give us some personal lowdown

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
More foreboding info on this Inn.

Visitors often describe the Inn's atmosphere as oppressive, even evil. John Humphries, the owner of the inn has actually been thrown across rooms, rocked violently on a chair and has even seen people and furniture being hurled down flights of stairs! Could these violent outbursts have been caused by a mysterious black shape whose identity is unknown? The most terrifying room is the "Bishop's Room" which is inhabited by 2 female spirits who often interfere with electrical equipment and cause the temperature to plummet without warning. In fact, the "demonic" temperatures were so cold during 2006 that owner John (sadly) closed the inn to ghost hunters for good.

Source: www.hauntedhovel.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vrill
A lot seem to think that this Ram Inn sits on a portal to hell or something. There is a huge hodgepodge of evil

If that is true the British Royal Family would have moved Buckingham Palace there (stone by stone) centuries ago to have easier access to the demon spawn that possesses the Royal Family 24/7.

Hell - the Freemasons would have built a huge temple on top of the entire town in the name of Baal if this gate rumour was true.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I'd love to be inebriated in a 900 year old pub.
Especially this one, it would have to be one of
the coolest pubs in the world

I saw a report on another pub in England and if you place
a pint against the wall and let go it stays there.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

I have heard and read a lot about this place.
I think 1 of the many reasons it is so unique is because it sits on the intersection of 2 ley lines.

This land sits on the intersection of 2 Ley Lines, areas that certain people believe contain significantly high spiritual energy. Using a map, these lines can be traced directly to England's most famous sacred site, Stonehenge. Legend has it that the energy from Stonehenge travels the Ley Lines to feed the property's paranormal power. Additionally, the site is home to a 5,000-year-old Pagan burial ground

source

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I saw the episode when Ghost Aventures went there I can tell you one thing
the dude that owns or runs the place is one heck of a wierdo.
He could have benefited from a shower and a change of clothes.He must have stunk to high heaven by the looks on Zak, Aaron and Nick.
Scarey stuff! Funny thing Zak kept calling for the incubus to come and take him then someone told him after he said it like 5 times that
a incubus was a guy the succubus was the female...... Good laugh!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
planning a trip up here pretty soon ill be able to fill you in a bit more after but i work in one of the uks most haunted spots and several people i work with have been to the ram inn and have come back astounded by the place apparently incredibly active and creepy.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
That ain't too far from where I live.
Never heard of it before.
I'll try and take a trip there next month and post a pic of a ghost.
Or, more likely me looking happy with a pint in my hand.

new topics

top topics

join