It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would i be happier if i was "asleep"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
would i?
i couldn't help but notice that people that are "asleep" live a happier life than i do, considering myself "awake". I sometimes feel like my happiness is being overcome'd negativeness.
do any of you guys/gals feel the same?
i first came introduced to "all this" at the age of 16, by my cousin which was 18 at the time. he first introduced me to "the zeitgeist" documentary and Immortal Technique, an underground rapper. He then told me i should educate myself and what not and gave me a few websites, like ATS where i can just go on and read about whats going on. ATS was the website that drew my attention and dragged me into "all this". i am now 21.
Iv'e noticed that i haven't been as happy as i use to before all this. I didn't start noticing this until the age of 19 when chicks that ill date would tell me that my life is being overcome'd my negativeness, instead of the positive things in life. i don't like dating lethargic, uneducated, docile chicks, i'm a sucker for a smart, working chick that has a strong persona because i myself am that way, well, i consider myself that way and have been told i am like that.

so, why should i care so much about what's going on when most of the people do NOT care or, simple just don't know?

they live happier than i do and seems like all my negative feelings come from my knowledge.

does anyone feel the same?

sometimes i feel like quitting all this and just living a "normal" life and pretending like i knew nothing about ALL this.

i don't want to act redundant nor am i too good at writing threads...
SUGGESTIONS?
edit on 20-1-2012 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Mate- as long as your working and surviving its all good

I spend hours reading on the net, about current events and conspiracy's.

It drives my missus mad, she knows I am obsessed, but I work, I spend time with the family, and I help around the house (most of the time
)

But I know, always in the forefront of my mind, that it will likley all kick off within a few years, (probably much sooner) And I try to share that knowledge as much as I can (I work in a busy newsagents, so share it with a lot of people, and the older generations seem to have figured out what the world governments have done).

But make sure you got supplies, make sure you got water, make sure you got some kind of a weapon, and a place out of the way to head for, if the worst should happen.

But just try to enjoy it while its "good" , try to make money and prepare

Edit- sorry to answer your question, its not the information that makes you unhappy, its the way you receive it, there will always be bad news, and no matter how bad it gets, you just have to make the best of what you got.

Its much better to be awake, at least we can prepare - and imagine the shock the rest will get when TSHTF!!
edit on 20-1-2012 by Soapusmaximus because: Answering question

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

you know, i try, i try to keep my mind busy with work and school but for some reason the negative overcomes the positive things in life when it reality it should be the opposite.
i feel hopelessness now for humanity, i guess im just anticipating something big and something isn't letting me live happy anymore.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Your right, its hard.

You can do it though, we all can, survival is what we do

Your at school, and you have work, spread the word (tactfully) keep educating yourself, maybe get a career where you could assert some change?

Like politics, media, health, activism .

But concentrate on enjoying what freedom you have, get with girls/boys, go to party's, spend your cash wisely and try to make more.

Grow plants, food or ornamental (or medicinal), its very therapeutic, and growing your own food is a great way to be prepared, with the current climate.

That should be your main concern of the "big issues" that you are worried about,

Because when we hit peak oil, or a major global war breaks out, food will be hard to come by.

Try to have some fun though mate

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

well i am a vocational nurse and was an occupy wall street'er protester. many will agree with them but i was there for my own reasons, didn't agree with all their ideas.
thanks mate, i think i just have too much time in my hands right now to think and felt hopelessness.
i need to start dating multiple chicks like back in the days and not pay too much attention to this.

but, I LOVE IT. lol.
thanks, brought a smile to my face.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
And as a side note, and to help take your mind off it all.

UFO's are Very real

Do me a favour, (and yourself) read Richard Dolan's books - Ufo's and the national security state.

Richard Dolans Website

These books chronicle the USA's involvement with UFO's over the years, and the (successful) attempts at suppressing the technology.

These books prove it, and tell you the best information we have available, right from the USA's own archives

I have read a lot about the UFO phenomenon, at it seems to be at least one really mysterious subject

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

i couldn't help but notice that people that are "asleep" live a happier life than i do, considering myself "awake". I sometimes feel like my happiness is being overcome'd negativeness.

I don't know about happiness. Can't remember exactly what that is.

Nothing good comes from believing that you're special, and more important than others. You are not.

More often than not, those who frequently use the terms such as 'being awake', while the 'sheeple sleep', are limiting themselves. Many claim that their open mind is what led them into this awakened state. It doesn't work that way. As soon as you begin to feel that you're more aware than others, your mind starts closing itself back up, yet again.

edit on 1/20/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

i didn't mean to sound arrogant in anyway i just believe that im more informed about what's going on in the world than most people are which has led to me being unhappy.

but, you're right, i shouldn't be thinking this way.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld
reply to post by BrokenCircles

i didn't mean to sound arrogant in anyway i just believe that im more informed about what's going on in the world than most people are which has led to me being unhappy.

but, you're right, i shouldn't be thinking this way.

I think of it as this: Everyone thinks we are on the Titanic...an economically unsinkable ship that simply cannot go down. But they're wrong..The Titanic will go down, and there are limited life boats. knowing this information about the world and being "aware" are simply your means to building your life boat, in this sense your knowledge is crucial for your future.

Our current economy is like the deck of the Titanic. There are those who know something isn't right, and are working to solve that- and there are those who think nothing could ever happen to a country like America...or a boat like the Titanic. In fact, people died still waiting in their rooms on the Titanic because they were expecting a serviceman to come help them. It may not be the happiest situation in the world but you have to continue to soak up this knowledge so you can build a good life boat, when the time comes. Hopefully the metaphor helps

edit on 20-1-2012 by Lapislazuli because: to add

edit on 20-1-2012 by Lapislazuli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
If everyone was "awake" there would still be others calling each other "asleep".

edit on 1/20/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I like to tell myself that there isnt much you can do about our country or the world. Millions of things can happen at any time so why worry about it. The afterlife "whatever it is or if it exists" might be better than this life any way. dont worry about it.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I also have pondered this question, and in many ways you are right, the people who don't know(or care) how the world is do seem to have happier lives.

Unfortunately, once you've crawled down the rabbit hole, you can't just crawl back out. You won't find happiness pretending to be someone you're not.

I guess the answer is to pursue the things you care about most(love, family, whatever...) so they outweigh all the negative BS that you can't control, but I can't exactly speak from a position of strength

Peace...

new topics

top topics

join