It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So!..... I am starting to believe that the hotel I work for is haunted.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

looking forward to what you got my friend. thanx agian for your help and knowledge in this area. It is all new to me

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It was perty quiet all this weekend. Although I tried to communicate with them I didnt get any responses. Maybe I am just being impatient but I will keep trying and keep you all updated. However, the room service attendant said that tonight (sunday) she was walkin the 8th floor and heard someone whispering. I am not usually one to discount what people say but this lady is kind of a lil out there so I dont know if I should believe it or not even though she swears she heard it. Well that is it for now.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Sometimes the people who are a little bit out there are the ones who sense things the best. People who are too firmly grounded in the framework of reality are not free enough to trust their senses or to acknowledge them when they actually catch something. Things are not as they seem. Trust people more. I really doubt that people are all out to defraud or deceive others. It takes all kinds. There is room for all of us.

I never got that message in the end. And life has dropped a load of chaos on my lap right now so I'm a bit distracted. As with all major change, one is advised to first experience the chaos so as to discover its true nature. Then one can set about structuring it to one's favor. Thus, distraction. I have not forgotten you and am still looking forward to getting that answer for you, whatever it was.

All things in their time.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

It's alright, things happen I understand, hope all gets better for you soon friend.

on topic: I really dont doubt what she said as the cook also vouched that he heard it as well. Being as they were on the 8th floor which is the floor where I had my experience with hearing voices on the stairs I dont doubt it one bit.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
More Info: So I was talking to some more people and found out a little more info and heard of another recent experience. Apparently in times past people have claimed to hear people cooking in our kitchen in the middle of the night (Kitchen closes at 11pm opens at 5am) when there is no one in there. So apparently a few weeks back the breakfast cook had bacon in the oven with the timer set. He was the only person there at the time as it was the second cooks day off and the servers and room service shift dont come in until 6am. So the timer went off for the bacon and he turned the timer off meaning to take it out in a few minuets. Well he got busy with something else and forgot, when he did remember he ran over to the oven where he had the bacon in expecting to find jerky instead of bacon. When he got over there he could see that the doors to the oven were wide open. The other Security officer was working and so he asked him if he did it and the other guy said no. No one else would have known that it was done because he turned the timer which is a ways away from oven off and walked back around to the line didnt even pass by the oven. the oven is one of those that when u pull the door open it shuts off. Also it takes a decent pull to open the doors they cannot open on their own. Well hope you enjoyed get back to you as soon as I have more.

if anyone is still following this thread plz acknowledge so I know I am talkin to myself. Thanx

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Ha, Im still with you (you're not talking to yourself)

Is there any part of this hotel that is'nt haunted?
I'm half expecting you to come back to us to say that when you went to the the loo, a kindly apparition was standing by to hand you some toilet paper!

Maybe its not haunted at all the the whole place including staff exist on a parallel dimension and the 2 keep crossing/bumping into each other.
Next thing you know.... you'll be leaving work one day and pass yourself coming in to start a shift

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I am keeping up with your stories.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by daydoesez

Havnt heard of anything going on in our gym yet or the restraunt. so not quite completly haunted and the things really dont occur as often as it mite seem. Most of the things I have shared have happend over a span of quite a few years.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Fair enough mate, I was only joking with you anyway.......
Really am enjoying this thread though, please don't stop updating us when you can
Cheers

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I've been following. Keep up with the stories, they are fascinating. Have you tried buying a digital recorder and try to get any EVPs?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by daydoesez

I will be sure too, last couple of nights that I worked i didnt really have the time to try anything but i got a couple more overnight shifts comin up so maybe that will turn up something.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I will be sure to, and yea I been working on getting one of those recorders. Havnt really had time to shop with all the hours I put in.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

JROCK2527, it sounds to me like you have a rather interesting facility to patrol for a job. It certainly beats something boring doesn't it? I would like to make a suggestion or two, to help you in your dealing with these issues.

The first thing I'd suggest is starting a working journal. Go to the store and get yourself a spiral notebook and keep it with you. Note every odd event, just like you'd be writing an incident report. Time, Date, Location, Observations, and Theories. By taking down information as it happens, everything is still fresh in your mind and you're able to write down exact details. A good example of this would be when you were up by the door to the roof and you heard talking. Was the voice male or female? Was there a sense of accent that varies from your area? Was there a sense of mood of the person? All of these things when you first experience them will be much easier to remember when you write them down. You may also start establishing trends of activity after you've documented long enough. If you're able to start anticipating what will happen before it does, there may be an underlying pattern to the activity.

The second thing I'd suggest is to go out and buy yourself a small digital voice recorder (if you don't have one already). When something strange starts happening, the first thing you ought to do is hit record and make sure you vocalize things like times, locations, and things you see and hear. Having a recording, even if nothing overly paranormal is recorded, will help you with the journal, especially if you're out on patrol and not near your journal at the time something happens.

I wish you the best with this and think you work in a rather interesting location. It'll be even more interesting if patterns emerge in the activity. Best wishes.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Hey thanx for the input. The journal is an interesting idea that I will look into. The recorder Im just waiting for the finances to free up for it. Havnt had much activity latley but I will be sure to present when something happens.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
A little update: I know it has been a few weeks since I have updated, been perty busy workin alot an havnt had much ATS time. So here a little somethin. We have these things called comment cards that are available in all rooms if the guests would like to leave a comment for the general manager about a problem that they had during their stay or any employees that were extra helpful etc. They turn them in at the front desk then they get put into the GM's box. I sometimes will skim through them when it is slow just to see what people are saying. I picked up one that was left by the guest in room number 812. The comment simply states, I think this room is haunted. Nothing else no details or anything just those words. The guest wrote a name but no other info on the card. I know it isnt much but I thought that was perty interesting considering what we have been experiencing around there latley. Ill be sure to keep yall updated if we get anything else.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
lol thats hilarious. They must of have experienced something for sure. Too bad he didn't leave more info behind so you can follow up with the guest.

Anything else interesting happening at work lately?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is probably a stupid question coz you work there but have you ever stayed the night.
I mean in a room like a guest?
I think i'd give it a go, especially the room the guest you mentioned above stayed in.
Might give you totally different experience when your on your own, trying to sleep and not having to concentrate on your duties.
Only if you get 'mates rates' on the price of the room obviously!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
As far as staying there as a guest, no I havent, that is a pretty good idea that I hadnt thought of yet. May give it a go sometime though. Thank you for the thought.

UPDATE TIME!:

Well I havnt had many experiences myself latley as we have been pretty full most nights that I work so that makes for a lot of runnig around making deliveries and more time in the parking lot watching cars and less on the floors. However today I was pulling an evening shift (5pm-1am) and we have this new guy who just started a few months ago that works the front desk. He is usually laughing and joking around. well tonight he came in from his lunch at about 8pm and he was pale, quiet, serious and scared looking. so he comes up to me and he's like "Hey man can we go have a smoke real quick?" so I was like sure why not. So we head out and in our hallway outside our kitchen you can go right and down the hall or cut thru the housekeeping department and get out that way. Usually we take the hallwayout of habit but this time he is like lets go thru housekeeping I dont want to go that way. So we get outside and he lights up and finally tells me "ok look man when I tell you this dont think I'm crazy because I swear I'm not making this up" I was like "What you saw a ghost?" just in a joking manner. His reply was "Well I didnt see anything but.... I dont know what it was." So I asked what happend and apparently he was getting off lunch and heading to the bathroom when he walked by this linen closet that our banquets staff use to keep their table cloths, napkins, chair covers etc. It is just a small room maybe 4'x4' with shelves. He said as he walked by it on the way to the bathroom just as he passed it the door slammed perty hard. At first he said he just thought it was me or someone else that saw him coming and was messing with him so he opend the door to tell whoever it was that they were stupid and didnt scare him. Well when he opend the door he realized there was nobody in there but he said when he stepped in to look he instantly felt fear come over him even before he looked by the door and saw nobody was there. The thing with this door is that no matter what you do you CAN NOT slam it. it is on I'm not sure what it is called but it iz one of those pump things that go on the top designed specifically to keep the door from slamming and it does not slam not even like some do when it goes slow for the most part then slams at the last inch or so. You CAN NOT slam it I even went in there and tried it that is how I found out because I went and tried it. When I stepped in I noticed that the air was a little colder than normal but that was it. So I went ahead and shared some of the things I have posted here with him. Needless to say he was suppossed to train on the front desk overnight next week and has since decided not too

edit on 3/7/2012 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Uh-oh, looks like you scared off the newbie, lol.
What a wuss though. Tell you what i'm having real trouble finding a job at the moment and if it was'nt for the ridiculously long commute from here to you, i'd apply like a shot!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

if anyone is still following this thread plz acknowledge so I know I am talkin to myself. Thanx

Still following the thread, it sure is interesting. The account of the guy being pinned down by the mist is identical to the succubus phenomena. If this is the case, all these events are related to demonic activity and not the ghost of dead employees or guests. The only other account for the guy being pinned down was sleep paralysis in which case he was lying about working and might have fallen asleep on the job.

The pants being down suggest otherwise though.
Demonic activity also explains the feeling of dread the night clerk felt when looking into the cupboard that had the door slammed that could not slam. I also see a correlation where the blessing from the priest staved off some of the happenings for a time. A change of management may have been all that it required to come back to its favoured haunt? I know I may cop a bit for the suggestion but I thought it worth a mention.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join