It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So!..... I am starting to believe that the hotel I work for is haunted.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

As far as the Wikipedia page goes, use that only for some framework reference. You will discover your own definitions for these things as you learn more. I doubt that any two experiencers agree 100% on any of this stuff. I know that's the case for both my daughter and myself. We can see exactly the same thing but interpret it entirely differently, or mostly the same. It really depends on the situation.

It's an exciting world we live in. As Flyers Fan said, there are ...well, she said spooks, but I say energies...there are energies everywhere. That's ALL there is! When you can experience them more broadly, more deeply, on more levels than you had ever imagined even exist, the world becomes a much bigger and more colorful place. It's simply gorgeous. People who say they are bored just simply aren't aware. There is no boredom here.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

Cool, Is the building you work in now a heritage site or something?
I know how you feel, i've had a few paranormal encounters but not nearly enough

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg

It's not just your idea. It's a theory. See here. You must have seen a documentary on it. The idea has been around for quite a while.

I doubt I have seen a documentary about it, but I am glad that it is a theory, because the way I had looked at it, it seemed like common sense.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by daydoesez

Cool, Is the building you work in now a heritage site or something?

No, not old enough to be that special, and building is built upon the sites of other buildings, over centuries...such sites are as common as muck round my neck of the woods. The current structure is partly 12th century but with a victorian restoration. But it is on the site of another 7th century building, and before that, around the 2nd century there was a temple to Jupiter...and possibly before that it was used by the people that were here before the Romans...they stopped interring people there in 1859 I believe.

Originally posted by daydoesez
I know how you feel, i've had a few paranormal encounters but not nearly enough

There are numerous layers of dead people under the streets where I live and work, I should imagine if one were too sensitive to such things that they could find it awfully crowded.

edit on 25-1-2012 by Biliverdin because: tenses

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Wow looks like ive drummed up some intrest now. So lets get these replies done so that I can post my next installment.

I used to be skeptical as well, I would even tell my partner he was full of s# when he first told me about him seeing what he saw. At that time I never saw heard or felt anything. It was just within the last year or so since ive gotten into the paranormal. Mainly all I did was become open to the idea that maybe there is more to this realm than we know. I never wanted to or asked to see feal or hear anything. It just sorta started happening. I have noticed that usually when you are new to the field and you WANT things to happen they dont. I am in no way an authority on this others could help you more but I say jus tryin in tune yourself and try to push that desire out of your head and most likely when you dont see want or arent thinking about having an experience then that is when it will happen. hope this helps thanks for reading. Cheers

Jrock

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by eyesdown

Thanks for shareing that is pretty interesting, where was this at?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Almost sounds like what people would call a RESIDUAL HAUNTING

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

I plan to even if I have only one reader. This is because I know how frustrated I usually get when someone starts a thread that I find interesting and the OP stops posting updates or dosent reply to comments from other members tht kinda gets under my skin
Dont worry though I wont be one of those peole. Thanks for the support and interest.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Greetings Woody, Thank you your posts are always calculated and helpful and I appreciate that. I will just let it play out and wait till she decides to speak. I am wandering can they both appear and speak at the same time? I cant really think of many sightings where I see this happen it is usually just one or the other. Well stay tuned third installment is on its way.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Thanks Cosmic I will be sure to keep that in mind and try to get my own personal interpetations instead of following others because Im sure that culd hinder the development. As with flyers fan well said on there being more out there than we know and such.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by daydoesez

edit because I didnt notice you were replying to someone else.

edit on 1/26/2012 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

THIRD INSTALLMENT:

Ok so I know you all have been waiting patiently for this and I thank you. I apologize for not gettin to it sooner but im doin it now so its all good right? Since I have given you all of my experiences to date I will now give some of the info I have collected from other employees in the hotel. The instances I am presenting today I got from one of the lobby attendant/house keepers we will call Nacho. He also used to work security back in the day before me or my partner were hired and it was on Security that most of his experiences have happend. So with out further ado HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!

EXPERIENCE 1: Nacho was on Security and making a floor check. He entered the 8th floor landing (same place I heard the voices.) And as he started down to the 7th floor he looked down the stairs and saw The General Manager of the hotel, or who he thought was the General manager walking down the stairs down from the second to the ground floor. He says he thought it was the GM because "it" was wearing shiny patend leather shoes which the GM always wore. So he Called down "hey Mario" nothing. So he called agian "HEY MARIO... ITS NACHO, UP HERE" Nacho claimes when he said that the thing quickly reversed course and began running up the stairs which usually wouldnt have been no big deal except for the fact that it was running up too fast for humanly possible. And in suit and dress shoes at that. Nacho says that he instantly felt fear wash over him so instinctivly he ran out the door back onto the 8th floor and down the hall towards the guest elevators. Before he was even half way down the hall he said he heard footstepst running up behind him like they were gaining on him. he hit the elevators and the doors opend so he got in and pushed the button. He says when he pushed the button the door closed slower than normal and seemed as it was hesitating as it closed even though he was hitting the "door close" button repedatly. He heard the running getting closer and closed his eyes. heard the door close and elevator start to move then opend his eyes. He got to the lobby and asked the night auditor if she knew why the GM was still at the hotel as it was around 11 o' clock. The auditor told him that not only was the GM not there that day but he was on vacation out of state, had been since the start of the week.

Experience 2: Nacho was working security agian and at the time they had an overnight house keeper on duty. The house keeper was back in house keeping and called Nacho on the radio asking him where he was. Nacho replied that he was out in the lounge area. The housekeeper asked him to come and look outside the housekeeping door because he could see a shadow of someone standing there. Nacho responded and looked from the kitchen door but said he couldnt see nothing yet the house keeper insisted that the shadow was still standing there. Nacho told him he couldnt see anything but the guy swore that it was there.

I know this isnt anything really big but I said I would tell everything I have and not all of it is super awesome. The more trippy stories I will save for the next installment.

I must also add in here that throughout my whole career with this hotel which is about 4 years total. I can not count the times that I have had calls from night auditors saying that they hear things in the kitched and when I go to investigtate usually there is not a single person back there. Besides there is only one way in and out of the kitchen at night because I lock all the doors. All other doors have deadbolts that lock from the inside so if someone were in there messing around they culd get out but I would tell because the door would be unlocked. The door that I leave unlocked goes right into the lounge which then leads right into the lobby so there is nowhere to hide without being seen. I used to always think that the night auditors were just wacko as I never found anything. But then latley there has been a few times I have been in the lobby and heard it as well.

One one occasion I do remember going back in to check the kitchen to find a pot, not just any pot but a heavy one that weighs close to 20 pounds on the floor. It had previously been on a shelf behind a smaller pan however the smaller pan was not touched or moved. So I am unsure how that played out but I do know that when I checked all of the doors they were locked.

Well that is all I have room for for now so I will add my fourth installment soon possibly in 3 to 4 days as I am stuck working the over nights and wont be able to get on for those night so I will most likely post in on sunday to let ya'll know if anything of note happend on my days that I am there. Thanks agian for reading and following along. Those that are new feel free to ask any questions or discuss any current or previous posts in here and to those that have been followin feel free to do the same. Thanks agian for following

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Oooo Experience 1 gave me the willies! Now thats a proper heart thumping story. Poor Nacho......
For some reason, reading that bought back memories of a night I had forgotten when I was about 19. I met my then boyfriend at his house and together we walked to the next village to meet up with some friends. The quickest route was through some farmers fields so no street or residential lighting at all, just about possible with the light of the moon.
Anyway about half way there, in my mind i had a vision of seeing myself and bf come walking towards us from the opposite direction and i freaked out. It did'nt actually happen but ever since then the idea has scared me more than seeing any ghost ever could.
So, that same night on the way back, now there is about 6 of us altogether, its about 4.30am, summer, just getting light and a very very thick low lying mist is sitting all around us on the fields.
Now as lads do,my bf and his mates had been taking the p**s out of each other for most of the journey, and at rougly the same point that i freaked out earlier, they took off chasing each other off the path and into the field which had rows of corn standing at approx 5 ft. So i'm standing there watching and can just about see the tops of everyones head through the mist but know roughly where they all are from listening to the swearing/banter flying back and forth.
This is when it got wierd,,,, Everything went into slow mo, their movements and voices and the swirling mist just slowed right down, except for me. As i'm frantically looking about going WTF, i'm suddenly surrounded by whispering. I coul'nt make out what was being said but the multiple voices all speaking at once were right next to me, like we were in a huddle. At the same time i could still see and hear my mates across the field so it was'nt any of them. After a few long minutes it all just stopped and returned to normal.
Granted, not the most interesting ghost story but it felt very 'Paranormal'
Anybodyelse scared of seeing themselves/Doppleganger walking towards them?
Looking forward to more info J.

Right did'nt mean to go off topic there but Nachos experience bought to mind tales of people seeing Ghosts of the living.
My friends Mum told me that one day she and her sister were in the lounge watching telly when my friend came home and walked past the lounge door on his way up the stairs. They called out to him but he did'nt resopnd, they heard him run up the stairs and his bedroom door slam.
An hour or so later, he comes in the front door again but this time stops at the lounge door to say hello. She asked him why he ignored them earlier and he was baffled. That was the first time he'd been back all night.

edit on 26-1-2012 by daydoesez because: Trying to stay on topic

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Its in the UK, I am not quite sure but think it is in a place called Dorset.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I work at a haunted warehouse,building is only 3 years old but next to a landfill,I see orbs,boxes flying around,voices etc,I think it's an adult male,and a young girl,things are moved by a shadow figure also,I need to get a paranormal investigator to check this place out

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

If you can see and hear these things, then you can do it yourself. Spend some time getting to know these entities and see what they're about. Trust your intuition.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
To the OP, This is a great thread I'm enjoying it alot and can't wait for your next installment.

Out of curiosity has the Lady ghost been seen in the parking lot before by yourself or your partner? I ask as i'm wondering if the car you saw her going to was similar or even the same make and model of the one that she was in when she hit the tree?

Also the post about the pan being on the floor and the pan in front of where it was placed not being out of place reminds me of an experience I had when I was a kid. Basically my mother had placed a bout 8-12 cupcakes on a cooling rack in our dining room to cool with a kitchen towel over them. When we went back to check on them some time later we lifted the towel and all the cakes had gone, and I mean gone, no casings, no crumbs nothing but the cooling rack and towel were as we left them. We never did find out what happened to them and nothing like it happened again.

Anyway, I look forward to your next installement

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I sometimes have to work in an old barn which has been converted into a stockroom which is apparently haunted. A woman I work with said she has seen bags fly off the shelf and heard things which don't seem normal. The gardener who used to work there (because the barn is next to an old mansion) said he has heard a horse and carriage going up and down the path way.

I was working in there for the first time during the night on my own yesterday, and I felt very uneasy. Two other people I work with won't go there on their own at night time, and you're only supposed to go there with another person, but I couldn't last night due to there being only 3 of us working.

The door at the end of a long hall opened on it's own, I heard banging and popping type noises which I don't hear during the day time there, and saw something go past in the corner of my eye twice. I also heard a "click click" noise which horse riders do with their mouths.

Creepy stuff, but it was definitely exciting working in a 'haunted' building.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Sozen94 because: Typos

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This is a pretty cool thread! I am really enjoying your stories OP, so I will share mine with you as well.

I too used to work security and would get placed at some interesting contracts.
One place I worked at is a high rise apartment building for seniors and the handicap. My supervisor was driving us around to every contract in the area to get familiar with policies and procedures, other guards etc. Before we got out the car to check it out and getting introduced to my co workers, I was warned that it was haunted and every single guard has experienced something, even if they do not believe in ghosts.
I was super happy to check this place out, as I am really into paranormal phenomenon.

So 3 of us went up to the top floor, (26 I think it was) which was an in house "cathedral". My supervisor told me she once saw a woman in all white walk from the stairwell, knocked lightly on every door she passed (2 knocks each door, she would knock on about 10 doors) before she got to the door of the cathedral. She then went through the glass door, which were tinted brownish black, and went straight to the organ piano and started playing it. My co worker confirmed seeing a white woman walk down the 26th floor as well, but never stuck around long enough to see where it was going.

On the 18th floor there is a dark shadow like man, who is very tall, wearing a top hat, who would always pick up welcome mats and put them in the stairwell.

Another place was a warehouse/office. Me and a supervisor were doing rounds, and I had to use the washroom. He said he would go with me, I was like WTF HELL NO (lol) and he explained that this place was haunted and he didnt wanna be by himself. So I told him he has to wait on the inside of the doors, while I went to the farthest stall. It was so weird. But then after a few moments the lights shut off and we heard glass breaking in the room (I thought it was a mirror) and I screamed (good thing I already did my business lol) and he yelled for me to turn the light back on while I was screaming the same thing to him. Finally he took out his maglite and found the switch and turned the light back on. I ran out the stall towards him (the doors). We didnt see any broken glass in the room at all. We ran out of there, made sure everything was locked up and lied on out report saying we checked everything. haha oh man that was wild. my heart had a good workout lol.

I have many other encounters but I don't want to steal your thread.
I am really looking forward to hearing more from you.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by daydoesez

wow Interesting stories indeed i must say. Did you ever have any other experiences or hear of anyone else having something similar in that area??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join