It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So!..... I am starting to believe that the hotel I work for is haunted.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
you seem to know quite a bit about this and I thank you for shareing. Any insight help or guidance you can offer will be greatly appreciated seeing as how I am pretty much a beginner. If I do have a gift that I am developing then I would like to use it for good, assist police with missing persons cases and such. That is futer tho I know I still have a long way to go. I ask that you continue to correspond with me as I feel you can be of great help.

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by JROCK2527

Perhaps the library would be a place to start. Talk with an older librarian there. They tend to know a lot of trivia. Amazing things can be found by talking to elders.

I agree wholely here. Elders are a welth of knowledge. The key is finding the right one that is willing to open up as some may have reservations as they may fear they wont be believed.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
reply to post by woodwytch

We have had offers from paranormal teams to investigate in the past but the managment seems to think that it would be "bad for buisness" if we allowed something like that but I am trying to persuade them otherwise. I am however planning on investing in a digital cam to tryin get some pictures (discreetly of course) at least. If you ever make it over here to the states here particularly you shuld stay a night or two and see what you think about the place. So any thoughts on this latest encounter?

never thought about that. I will tryin get ahold of those and try it. what management dont know cant hurt them right?

edit on 1/24/2012 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

The activity (most recent at least) definately seems to be focused on the lady suicide ... maybe now she has your attention she wants to explain why she did it ... or just wants / needs you to acknowledge her presence.

All you need to do next time you're in 'her areas' is acknowledge her presence in the hotel (silently in your head) ... introduce yourself the way you would to a living person ... you can have a full on conversation with her in this way ... just explain that she needs to give you simple responses / clues / signs otherwise you might miss them.

As for the thermometer and compass you don't need to get expensive ones ... cheap is fine as long as it works.

Woody

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I understand what you are saying. I am however curious as to why am I the one she is trying to reach out too? could it be the fact that she sees my interest in the paranormal? or have I maybe become sensitive to these things therefore she is reaching to me?

The reason I question why she is reaching to me is the fact that my partner, the other officer who usually works different nights than I do claims to have a connection with her. I was going to save this part for later but since we are on the topic now who not.

Aparently a few days before she was discoverd deceased in the hotel (3 days after she took her life) she ran her vechicle head on into a tree in the downtown area. My partner who was working on bike patrol for a security company at the time was the one who responded and contacted emergency services for her. At the time he believed it was an accident and didnt know she was intentionally trying to kill herself. I am not sure if this is a reason for a connection or not but he claims to have seen her more than anyone else in the hotel but has never attempted to contact her. He is just a believer and has no intrest in the paranormal.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

That's where you need to practice humility first. I know it would be nice to get that information for the police to help them solve crimes. *I* understand that. But their way of doing things involves a lot of ego so your offering up help like that will likely get you incriminated on occasion because you're privy to info and there can be no other explanation than your involvement. First things first. Get yourself in a position where your abilities are where they are meant to be. Then see where that is. Then see what it all means in your life. Progress slowly. There is a lot more to digest in all this than meets the eye at first glance.

My daughter is clairvoyant. I am a healer. We have both learned what we know from the ground up. Whenever we seek information or training from someone else, it has never helped us in the least. This is why I encourage you to learn on your own to see where your particular abilities lie. As long as you keep a clean and pure heart about this, it will all be more wonderful and enlightening than you would imagine.

As for elders opening up, just be an interested party. Don't divulge anything more than what would be general conversation. Of course you will inspire fear in religious or superstitious people of any age if you announce the fact that you're working on paranormal matters. Look how people react at the mere mention of Ouija boards. Beliefs shape our worlds We rarely examine why we have them though. Fear is a bad reason to believe anything.

edit on 24/1/2012 by CosmicEgg because: I needed to edit something. O.O

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

If that is my path (pshycic investigator) then it is still a long ways off. I also agree with what you say abou the police being skeptical an all that and I understand. I will just have to wait and see how things progress and see if I can intune myself with where i shuld be. I am in no hurry and am willing to take time to hone skills and let things progress naturally. It would just be nice to have others with similar qualities to associate with and such.

now this may sound dumb but what is a clarivoiant?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Alright folks bed is calling my name need to catch a couple hours of shut eye before heading in to work. But please dont let my signing off put a stop to the responses. please continue to post comments and responses and I will answer all when I sign on next probably tonight around 2:30am pacific time. look forward to speaking with you all some more.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
After experiencing just about 50 years on this planet I have come to the conclusion that there are spooks EVERYWHERE. The world is full of 'em. They are active and they are around. It's just a matter of paying attention to be aware of that and most people don't (or won't).

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Clairvoyance is the ability to see any or all variety of energies. Easiest is to see the Wikipedia page for clairvoyance. I have the healing side of things as my main thing, but I'm redeveloping the others as well to aid in the healing aspect. I haven't been here for a while and things were buried pretty deep. It's taking me a while to rediscover them.

First build your skills and accuracy. Your reputation will come along on its own. That will take you where you want to and are meant to go. Our current culture is built on shameless self-promotion with precious little to act as foundation. Things must go the other way now.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

It turns out that the hotel was actually only built in 1990

I wonder how difficult it would be to research the history of the land before the hotel was built? I am sure there are library town archives on the history and ownership of the land prior to the hotel buying it. Perhaps it is the location rather than the history that invites these incidents, it would be interesting to see how far back it goes.

Interesting post thanks.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Have to agree with you on that. People must be ignorant to believe there is nothing else going on.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Thanks. I will be sure to look that up as soon as I get a free moment. I appreciate your help and input and expertise in this new aspect that I am discovering. I will as you said let it take its natural course and see what happens.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MollyStewart

That is what I intend to do the problem right now is getting the free time as I work alot. I work in 2 separate capacities and different hours so I am usually working 6 days a week between evenings and graves and the 7th is my recoup day. It also dosent help that I work in one town and live in another. I am working on it though I promise and I will present what I find. I was talking to one of the older employees who has lived in the town for quite a while and he tells me that back in the 70's and 80's the property was a grape vineard. I will keep digging and let you know what i come up with. Also the third installment will be up probably tomarrow night.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Hiya J,
Just wanted to say i've been reading with interest so far.
Bit jelous actually, as someone whose main interest in life from as early as I can remember is the Paranormal which has never tied in with my daily grind that is work... It seems you've landed a plum role.
Have to agree with the posters here so far.... seems the spirit you have seen may just want some acknowledgement. Did she make eye contact with you at all in the car park?
Keep us posted.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by daydoesez

HAHA thanks man, seems I am lucky in your book eh? Thanks for your intrest and I will be sure not to let you or anyone else who may be following this thread down. In regards to your question, No she didnt make eye contact with me she looked strait ahead the whole time. thanx for following.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by daydoesez

I have worked in some very haunted buildings, according to other witnesses. And I have often been left completely alone, at night, in those buildings due to my work. AND NOTHING. NOT EVER. Other people have seen things while I have even been present but I have seen nothing. And I genuinely believe that those people have seen what they claim to see...I'm just not wired to see it. However, one of the buildings that I worked in did give me the heebie-jeebies, and I could hear someone on the back stairs...and the building that I am working in now has a very strong 'feeling' to it, but a very pleasant one. I'd love to talk to a ghost...if any are listening...especially in the one that I work in now, it is on a site that has been occupied and buried within since the 2nd century AD...it'd be fab to talk to so me of those spiritual occupants...if they would only deign me worthy...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I will quickly share with you my nan and grandads experience of a ghost in hotel, confirmed by both of them when I asked them seperately.

They stopped in an old looking hotel they had booked last minute and there was hardly anyone staying there but my nan and grandad and their friends. At that time my mom was only a baby and they had their bed and the crib in the room. At night they heard something walk towards the door, the door unlocked, the sound of a woman in heeled boots walked around the bed, would get to the bottom of the bed and it sounded like she was shaking her chiffon dress, there would be a pressure on the bed then the footsteps would leave the room.

Well my nan heard it first and woke up my grandad and as she was explaining what she had heard the same process repeated, the footsteps walked towards the door the door would sound like it was opening and the footsteps went around the bed. So they both sat up listening for it again, and they heard the footsteps again and as soon as it sounded like it was by the door, my grandad jumped up and pulled open the door and there was nothing there, and the footsteps didnt enter the room. So they grabbed my mom out the crib and stayed awake all night.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I have a slight theory, not proven or even tested, a vague notion would perhaps be a better explanation, that certain types of stone can 'record'. And that given the correct parametres, that recording can be replayed...a bit like 'Help me Obi-wan-kenobi, you're my only hope'...a limited projection...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

It's not just your idea. It's a theory. See here. You must have seen a documentary on it. The idea has been around for quite a while.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Woody my friend!!! long time indeed. Life has been a little hectic with work the last couple months. Did you finally get your cpu up and running agian?

On topic: I have quite a bit and am still talking to other long time employees trying to get some more info. Thank you for your intrest I was starting to wander if I was going to have to discontinue the thread due to lack of intrest. Bus as long as i have just a couple people interested I will continue it. I have to do a couple of things right now but will add the next installment within the hour scouts honor!

Don't stop, although you might not get many replies, I assure you we are reading. If people would s&f it would really help though. Keep it up!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I understand what you are saying. I am however curious as to why am I the one she is trying to reach out too? could it be the fact that she sees my interest in the paranormal? or have I maybe become sensitive to these things therefore she is reaching to me?

The reason I question why she is reaching to me is the fact that my partner, the other officer who usually works different nights than I do claims to have a connection with her. I was going to save this part for later but since we are on the topic now who not.

Aparently a few days before she was discoverd deceased in the hotel (3 days after she took her life) she ran her vechicle head on into a tree in the downtown area. My partner who was working on bike patrol for a security company at the time was the one who responded and contacted emergency services for her. At the time he believed it was an accident and didnt know she was intentionally trying to kill herself. I am not sure if this is a reason for a connection or not but he claims to have seen her more than anyone else in the hotel but has never attempted to contact her. He is just a believer and has no intrest in the paranormal.

Well that is synchronistic that both you and your partner have both had 'contact' with this person and now you both happen to be working together at the same place she appears to be haunting ... very interesting indeed ... the mysteries of life (and death) never cease to amaze me.

As for the reasons behind her making herself known to you ... I think you just happen to have a natural 'sensitive' ability that is comparible to her energy ... in short she probably likes you or feels comfortable with your energy.

Just keep observing and reporting for now ... I'm sure she has something she wants to say and you just haven't picked it up yet ... or maybe she's just pleased that she's being acknowledged and noticed.

Woody

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join