It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So!..... I am starting to believe that the hotel I work for is haunted.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Ok before I start this post let me make one thing clear "I am in NO WAY! saying that 100% I work at a haunted hotel" I honestly dont know. I am just creating this thread to present the stories that I have heard from reliable sources that have worked here for many years.

So let me begin. I work for a certin major hotel chain in the Central San Juaquin Valley of California. ( I will not disclose the name at this time because I am sure management wouldnt appreciate it.) between Fresno and Bakersfield. I worked here for 2 years from 06 to 08. and have currently been employed this time since May of 2010. Though I have worked here for almost 4 years total I have not until recently (about a week ago) heard many stories, although I hadnt really asked eaither. However in the last week I have heard many stories that I will share throughout this thead as not to put too much on the table at once. My personal experiences so far have been minimal but they are not non existant. I will share them along with others. I am just starting to get into wanting to look at and investigate things so I do not have much info, however I will also add that as I dig it up so for now I will just give what I know.

History:
I dont know too much of the histroy yet but here is what I have. The building is an 8 story building unknown when it was built but there was a major renovation going in in 08 when I started and the hotel brand name that we are under now bought it. The employee that I know has been there the longest is an older couple who have been there 17 years. It is stated that 3 people have died here. So far I have been able to confirm only one which was a suicide. My security partner confirmed this one. Details of the incident I will get into later in the thread. It is also said that a spirit of a former dedicated employee may be around due to another incident. No investigation of any type has been done yet at this property. I plan to tryin dig up what I can and share here.

What I Have Confirmed So Far:
After talking with my security partner and other employees There is one confirmed case of a suicide in the hotel. This was back in the late 90s or early 2000s (I have not confirmed exact date yet hasnt dawned on me to ask till now.) Apparently a middle aged woman checked in and was very depressed. She ended up putting a Do Not Disturb sign on her door (6th floor) and overdoseing on pills. She was found 3 days later by a maid and housekeeping supervisor. Another possible case is that of a former employee who was very dedicated. She aparently was involved in an automobile accident and killed instantly. The employee that I have talked to believes that she came back to roam the hotel because she was a dedicated employee in life and still wants to work. I was also told that an older man and woman passed away of natural causes at different times in the hotel over the years. These last two I have yet to confirm though.

Some Stories of Experiences:

My Experiences: I am the security officer amongst other things at the hotel so I work the graveyard shift. At that point there is only myself and the prerson working the front desk. And guests of course. once in a while if something is messed up engineering will stay late but that is it. My job includes walking the floors and stairwells. (we have 2 east and west.) as well as the outside. (parking lot in front and on side and a courtyard and entrance to a convention center in back) There have been a few times that I have been making my patrols and will get that creepy feeling of something watching me. Another duty of mine is to pick up breakfast request cards. As I pick these up I stick them in my back pocket as I walk, A couple of times i have felt them be lifted out of my pocket and dropped to the floor.

One time when I worked there the first time I was making my floor check. I entered the landing to the 8th floor east stairwell which also has our roof access above. As i stepped out I heard a voice talking above me. (no one is suppossed to be up there, all that is there is 3 walls and a door out to the roof the only way you can go is down the stairs) I started up the stairs and it stopped, no one came down and I did not hear the roof access door close. When I got to the top I found nobody there. I checked the door thinking maybe one of our engineering guys doing some work on the roof, but when I checked the door it was locked. This door can only lock from inside the hotel with a key and only myself and the engineers have the key. I unlocked the door to check and make sure someone hadnt locked themselves out. Agian I found nothing. I contacted the front desk who confirmed that we had no one from clearwire (internet service techs) or any other company doing any work. I thought the situation a little strange but brushed it off as at that time I was in no way interested in the paranormal and was very much skeptic. (others have had experiences in this stairwell particularly the 8th floor landing)

Another more recent incident that happend to me was about a month ago. This time I was in the parking lot making my rounds at about 1am or so. I noticed a woman in a black dress walking from the entrance of the hotel towards a cluster of cars in the lot. This wasnt un usual as guests go back and forth to their cars all the time. But since she was the only other person out in the lot (and not bad looking might I add
) I watched her walk towards the vechicles. when she was a couple feet away from them the front desk person called me on the radio and I dropped my head to answer (we have an earpiece/mic set where the mic clips to ur shirt down on your chest.) and when I looked up she was gone. I had only glanced down long enough to key my mic and say "go ahead" but she was no where to be seen, the car she was by the drivers door of was a small sprtscar when I looked away. I was looking for lights to come on an engine to start a door to open something but saw and heard nothing. I got a little curious and wanted to make sure she hadnt fallen or something so I walked over to where I had last saw her. I looked in the windows of all the cars and on the ground everywhere and found nothing, she couldnt have went to the road because I would have seen her. This puzzled me but at the time I didnt think much of it because I had a run to make to a room so i didnt think of it until later on that it could have been something odd. I talked to my security partner a couple weeks later and asked him the description of the girl he has seen which is the one that commited suicide there. The description was dead on what I saw.

OK so I am running out of characters so I am going to stop here for now. I will keep up with this thread and add more stories and findings every 3 or 4 days as I can so that way we have time to analyze each set of instances. Feel free to ask questions and I will answer the best as I can. Thanks in advance for ur comments questions and feedback. I also welcome any personal accounts you may like to share. As I ask in all of my posts please be polite to one another and discuss issues inteligently. skeptics are welcome with your points of view also as long as they dont try to use off the wall factless blabber to try to debunk what is going on. If you wish to attempt to debunk I only ask that you do so intellegently and with respect for all opposing viewpoints. thx

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Well, the best "ghost" I have ever seen was at a hotel too, so I don't doubt you.

Any idea on how old the building itself is?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
It seems hotels and prisons are hot spots for paranormal activity. Hotels are the place people go when they're getting divorced, caught a partner cheating, got caught cheating and thrown out of the house, people that are depressed and no where to go, etc... I'm sure I don't have to go into all the misery in prisons. These are places of sometimes intense emotions and I think that leaves an imprint.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

im not 100% sure but I wanna say its really not that old probably no more than 25 years I'd say.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Ya know, I never really thought about that part of it too much but that is true that it can be a hotbed for emotion.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It turns out that the hotel was actually only built in 1990

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Hey there JROCK2527 long time no type.

Loving the thread and the way you set it out makes it so easy to follow.

Look forward to the next installment.

Woody

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I dont doubt it.
I had a direct physical expierence with a 'ghost' at a 100+ year old hotel in Sebring, FL a few years ago.
The name of the hotel is the Kennalworth.

I was laying in bed, just turned off the T.V. and all of a sudden my laptop started making the sound of logging on and off the internet. The computor was closed in sleep mode. Then the bathroom light started flickering on and off. I tried ignoring it, just telling my self that it was an old hotel and the wiring must be crappy. Then I felt a STRONG pressents of someone in the room. I was laying on my side when all of a sudden I felt 2 hands on my upper and lower back, then violently pushed me into the bed several times like I was a basketball. The force used was so hard that I literally bounced a few inches off of the bed. I felt paralized either mentally from the shock or physically during the occurance. Once it stopped I immedatly shot out of the bed, got dressed in my work close for the next day and I left the room. I went down stairs and smoked an intiere pack of cigs outside the front of the hotel. I called everyone I thought would answer to tell them what happened. I was almost in tears the whole time. it was about 4am before I came back into the hotel and requested from the girl at the front desk if I could just sleep in the lobby. She said it was not the first time that someone had requested that from some experience someone had in the rooms. She gave me a blanket and thats where I slept that night.

I went back to my room the next day to get my belongings so I could change rooms. for that night. Nothing happened the second night.

Scary stuff.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Woody my friend!!! long time indeed. Life has been a little hectic with work the last couple months. Did you finally get your cpu up and running agian?

On topic: I have quite a bit and am still talking to other long time employees trying to get some more info. Thank you for your intrest I was starting to wander if I was going to have to discontinue the thread due to lack of intrest. Bus as long as i have just a couple people interested I will continue it. I have to do a couple of things right now but will add the next installment within the hour scouts honor!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Wow bud that sounds like a pretty trippy encounter you had there. I probably woulda shat myself
I have not as of yet been physically touched by anything (nor am I hoping too) but if it happens it happens. Thank you for shareing your experience. I am always interested in hearing others experiences.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

SECOND INSTALLMENT:

This actually just happend on Saterday night/Sunday morning at around 3:30am. Myself and the night auditor were sitting in the lounge area just off of the lobby taking a break. (I mean what else is there to do at 3:30am on a sunday morning? bar crowd is already in and passed out.) So anyway while we were sitting and talking the desk phone began to ring. So I walk over and answer it and when I picked up it said ELEVATOR LEFT ( we have a window on the phone that tells where internal calls are coming from) So I press the button selection to talk to the person thinking someone is stuck in the elevator. All I get is static and nothing else. So I hung up and it called back. This happend 3 times in a row finally I handed the phone off to the night auditor and walked to see if i could tell if the elevators were stuck or something. The left Elevator was on 6 (the floor our one lady comitted suicide on) and the right elevator was on the lobby floor and the left elevator is still calling. So I push the button and open the right elevator and send it up to our top floor so the left elevator will come to the lobby because now I am thinking maybe one of our bar crowd are passed out and tryin to get help. So the right elevator closes and starts upwards and I listin to see if I can hear the doors to the left elevator close which would indicate maybe it was jus someone screwing around. I dont hear the doors close but I hear the elevator start coming down. When it gets to the lobby floor it opens and as I am sure most of you have already guessed it is empty. The night auditor had just hung up from it calling agin before it landed on the lobby floor. That was the last time it called. Now I know there are somethings that can explain this but I have already thought about them and they dont add up so here they are.

1. Someone was in the elevator and hit it before they got off on the floor just to be a jerk: Myself and the night auditor had both been sitting in the lounge which has a clear shot at the lobby and elevator doors both for about 20 minuets before that and saw no one come in our out.

2. Someone got on from the floors and just changed floors and hit the button: At 3:30 am it is quiet except for the lobby music which we had turned down to barely audible because it is annoying when there are no other sounds. Also when the elevators start up at that time of night it is loud enough to be heard from where we were at the time. Also the alarm in the elevator usually sounds before the call comes to the front desk also loud enough to be heard from where we were at. This time it did not.

3. Mechanical trouble: Highly unlikely as when there is mechanical trouble or trouble with the lines crossed we get several calls from several different areas not just one from one area.

Additional info/history of random calls like this: The elevator emergency call button can only be activated by someone hitting the button. We have never had calls without it being hit before. The reason that I feel like this was something "paranormal" is because When the left elevator opend on the lobby floor I was stanting just to the right side of it. and when the doors opend I felt a strong rush of and I mean COLD air come off the elevator. The kind of wind gusts you get when u first turn on a fan that is set to high but much colder. It was enough that the night auditor said that when the door opend she thought I saw someone in there because i kinda leaned or more like jerked back and to the right. When I felt the gust the hair on the back of my neck stood up and I caught a cold chill and a little sense of fear ran through me. The night auditor also said they caught a glimps of like something whisk by me but didnt see it enough to be able to describe it as they were just looking up from hanging up the phone. Now I am not the type of person to chalk the slightest thing up to the paranormal, but I truly believe this was something more than coincidence.

The only other history that I know of with random calls coming from in the hotel was about 4 or 5 months ago. Also on a Sunday morning around the same time. The desk kept getting calls from both ballroom phones with no one saying nothing. The ballroom is just off the lobby and all the doors in and out creek very loud so when it is quiet you can hear them. After about 5 calls I stepped in to check the phones and the room. Agian it was un usually cold. I found the phones hung up and no one in the room. I unplugged both phones. However they continued to call but when I would walk in the room the ringing would stop. After about 15 minuets the calls stopped and we had nothing else until Saterday night. So as always any thoughts or comments are appreciated. I will try to respond to all serious posts and answer any additional questions that any of you may have. Thanks in advance for your contributions n input

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
That sounds about right for a ghost. Cold is always a good indication of those energies. Nothing to fear. She's not going to hurt you. But next time you come across her, try to talk to her. See if she will respond.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

The time that I did see her In the lot as noted in the OP I really didnt feel fear or cold but I was a good distance away and it didnt dawn on me what I was seeing until it was too late. This time with the elevator the fear came more from the unexpected burst of air that rushed out, almost like someone popping around a corner and yelling "BOO!" at you it was un expected.

What are some suggestions for what to say to her when I speak to her?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

If you can address her by name, that would be a good start. Just let her know that she is missed but that things are running fine there. She has a strong attachment to the hotel that keeps her from leaving the place entirely. Try very hard to listen to what she says. Arm yourself with a voice recorder too so that you might pick up whatever she says. It will likely be beyond your normal hearing, unless you are a medium. You may well be. It takes some event to open some people up. This may be yours. If you want it, ask for it. Just ask with a pure heart to no one in particular and see what happens.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I see, I intend to get down to the county recorders office or wherever they keep records to try and see what I can dig up on the history of the property and see if there is anything that current employees havnt brought up and maybe see if her name is in there somewhere. I am not sure what her attatchment to the hotel could have been as the one that has been seen basicly only came there to be away from her family before taking her life. Could it possibly be that she has the attatchment due to the kindness of the staff that she delt with during her final days of life? could they have possible been the last "good" thing she remembers about life?

Also about the medium thing. I dont believe that I am a medium and have never really attempted anything of that sort. But I have noticed recently that when I am alone and making my rounds it is almost as if I can hear scrambled voices in my head but they seem like almost distant. I am not sure if I am going crazy or if it is because I am starting to study more into the paranormal. I am not activly trying to find any "powers" or "gifts" but could it be just the fact that I am spending more time studying that my body is coming in tuned?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Maybe this is your destiny. You only need to fine tune to one of those voices and you will hear better and better, as with anything else. Just practice hearing. One word of warning though: Do NOT overthink things. Just let it happen. Relax your brain and your eyes and you will pick up on a lot more.

There are flashes of light and shadows and all sorts around us all the time. We spend a great deal of our brain's energy shutting those things out. We think that by discerning and analyzing that we show our great intelligence. That's wrong. Open your mind, relax it. Let it perceive things as they are, not in some "safe" constructs. Just let it go. You have an absolutely ideal training ground at your disposal now *and you're paid for it*! Doesn't get better than that.

Something else I would like to impart that is rather important: Trust yourself. Don't look for validation. Don't ask for someone to help train you. Trust your own observations, develop your own skills, keep yourself humble and honest. With those things in mind, you will go far.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I will definatly try to fine tune these things without going overboard or over doing it. Honestly I am fairly new to the whole paranormal type stuff and have only started getting into it within the last year about. I never once thought that I may have abilities in it. Although now that I think back there have been a few times in the past that I have had just like a gut feeling about something and have shied away from doing something that i intended to do and it paid off because if I would have gone through with it it would not have ended so well.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I would love to investigate this place sounds like a classic haunting.

I know your boss would probably not approve of you taking photo's and putting them on here ... but if I were you I would still take regular pics of the active areas for comparison and if anything of interest showed up and it didn't give your direct location away maybe you could share ... even if nothing specific shows you may notice some anomolies in different pictures and keep a closer eye on those areas.

Also remember that 3am - 3:33am are the most active times for paranormal activity ... so the fact that you are getting weirdness at these times adds strength to their being the real deal.

Keep the stories coming I'm loving the thread.

Could I also make a small suggestion ... when you do your walk arounds mabe you could have a thermometer and compass at hand ... the thermometer to pick-up any cold/hot spots ... the thermometer to pick-up any sudden electromagnetic changes.

(ps - yes the computer is back up and running ... so good to be back)

Woody

edit on 24-1-2012 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

We have had offers from paranormal teams to investigate in the past but the managment seems to think that it would be "bad for buisness" if we allowed something like that but I am trying to persuade them otherwise. I am however planning on investing in a digital cam to tryin get some pictures (discreetly of course) at least. If you ever make it over here to the states here particularly you shuld stay a night or two and see what you think about the place. So any thoughts on this latest encounter?

never thought about that. I will tryin get ahold of those and try it. what management dont know cant hurt them right?

edit on 1/24/2012 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

To keep your head about this, remember that we are all psychic and all mediums and all telepathic and all everything. It's simply a matter of where we choose to focus our interest according to what we're meant to achieve in any given lifetime. In this one, you may be rediscovering an aspect of yourself that was once well-developed or you may be developing it. Just know that there is no reason for fear at all. Every time you think you feel fear, ask yourself if it is genuinely fear or is it just excitement. They feel similar at first. If it is fear, ask yourself why. Even if there is something unfortunate lurking about, if you keep your thoughts clean and pure and your mind relaxed, you will have nothing to fear at all. Nothing will hurt you.

Perhaps the library would be a place to start. Talk with an older librarian there. They tend to know a lot of trivia. Amazing things can be found by talking to elders.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join