It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt vs Herman: I need an answer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Why is it that one candidate get's applauded for wanting infidelity, while another has to forfeit because of them?

edit on 20-1-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
It was about sexual harassment not infidelity if I recall, and sexual harassment is looked down upon more than a consenting fling.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Why is it that one candidate get's applauded for wanting infidelity, while another has to forfeit because of them?

The candidate that wanted infidelity wanted to impeach Clinton for infidelity at the same time.
Double standard or what?
If he does get elected president, no intern will be safe!
edit on 20-1-2012 by Sailor Sam because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2012 by Sailor Sam because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

Cain has been accused of sexual harrasment, but he has also be accused of supposedly having an affair with Ginger White.

The Daily Beast

Cain told Fox News that his wealth allowed him to give money to both men and women in need and certainly had no romantic implications. Ginger White, who says she had a 13-year affair with Cain, also said he gave her money and supported her throughout their relationship. Cain later admitted that his wife had no idea he was supporting White financially.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

Huh didn't know that one.

Honestly not sure why Hermain Cain took more heat than Newt, but Newt is such a smooth talker he can get out of murder prolly.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
reply to post by satron

Huh didn't know that one.

Honestly not sure why Hermain Cain took more heat than Newt, but Newt is such a smooth talker he can get out of murder prolly.

I can't really say that is a satisfying answer. There's got to be something more to it than that.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
If he didn't break any laws...who cares?

I'm more worried about getting the country back on track than I am about someones personal love life.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

meh. lying isn't illegal, so long as you're not under oath or scamming someone. what is legal isn't always right, and what is wrong isn't always illegal. i would rather have a president who has a modicum of personal morality than one who is strictly legalistic.

that being said, i'd also like to avoid a gossip magazine-esque election.
edit on 20-1-2012 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

I'm more worried about getting the country back on track than I am about someones personal love life.

It's not about laws, its about the difference in support and lack of it over infidelity charges. If you put Herman Cain in the same position as Newt Gingrich with Herman getting asked the same question about his sexual life, and Cain gave the same answer, would his support be as loud and vocal?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

Of course it depends on the candidate and their supporters.

Do you think something like this would deter any Ron Paul supporters?

I don't.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

reply to post by satron

Of course it depends on the candidate and their supporters.

Do you think something like this would deter any Ron Paul supporters?

I don't.

What is it about Gingrich supporters that applaud infidelity?

I'm a Ron Paul supporter, but if he had the same kind of allegations against him, and he either admitted it or people came out in droves against him, I'd have to look at it the same as any other candidate accused of the same thing. I highly doubt Ron Paul supporters would applaud him over telling the moderator to "take a hike" when given the question as Gingrich received.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

Nobody is applauding infidelity here...come on.

People are applauding the fact that this was a Presidential debate...not a 60 minutes interview. The American people want to find out who can fix this country and nothing more.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
What girl would want to have sex with Newt?

Gross......

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

reply to post by satron

Nobody is applauding infidelity here...come on.

People are applauding the fact that this was a Presidential debate...not a 60 minutes interview. The American people want to find out who can fix this country and nothing more.

They applauded(standing ovation) him for not answering the question, would they have done the same to Cain? I doubt it, because Cain's support plummeted after the allegations against him, and he withdrew.

You can't tell me people don't think about personal lives of the candidates they are voting for. Why do people care about Romney's tax returns?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

They don't...the media just wants you to think they do.

The only people who care about that stuff are people who weren't going to vote for any of these guys anyway. This kind of stuff isn't swaying anyone.
edit on 20-1-2012 by nyk537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

I'm surprised he didn't get any flashes from the female portion of the audience.

That too, would have gotten applause.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

reply to post by satron

They don't...the media just wants you to think they do.

The only people who care about that stuff are people who weren't going to vote for any of these guys anyway. This kind of stuff isn't swaying anyone.
edit on 20-1-2012 by nyk537 because: (no reason given)

I find that hard to swallow. If it was Ted Kennedy running and he got questioned about his hooker, would his supporters applaud him for telling the moderator to "take a hike"?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

No...they would applaud him for having a hooker.

Democrats (in general) seem to applaud that kind of behavior. I remember seeing tons of support for Clinton on the internet and hearing chants on the news commending his relationship with Monica. People back then were saying Presidents should be entitled to that kind of.....treatment.

It's a one-way door where only the people the media like get a pass.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Cain lied, Newt didn't. Bottom line.

second

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I think race plays a part.
Cain being black sort of perpetuates stereotypes of the black male and infidelity.
I am not sure Gingrich is not getting hurt by all of this. I wouldn't read too much into the reaction of this debate audience, after all, the last debate audience booed Paul for citing the golden rule.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join