It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange original Operation Highjump photos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
First of all, I stumbled across this thread Here
I mailed the original poster Weirdguy to ask him about this stuff. He could'nt give me anymore info,
he said that he only posted it to get the link for the Australian Antarctic Data Centre (AADC)
into the ATS database. He told me to go for it, thats why he posted it in the first place.
So thanks for the find Wierdguy

My main interest was this pic from Weirdguys thread below

At first it seamed to me that it was a light artifact or chemical burn during processing
but it looked very centred to me and I became curious. I requested a high res copy
from the AADC and it is 5mb so too big for me to upload
here. Upon closer inspection the beam of light seams to be emanating from a ground
feature.

These pics below are from the high res copy you will have to scroll the image

The second photo of interest is this one. I am still waiting on the
high res copy from the AADC. You will notice the gigantic obelisk on the horizon.

In the zoomed in pic it looks as though this obelisk is comming up behind
some hills.

This is a close up of the anomaly to the left of the main photo.
Could this be a structure/facility of some kind? Kind of looks
like a toy train set lol.

This is the third pic, as you can see it makes reference to another photo.
Just out of interest the photo 122 R/O M26 Roll 68 Run 2 is missing from the
AADC database, of course.
I am still waiting for the high res copy from the AADC.

I wonder what they found so interesting, most of the photos on the database
are unmarked.

At about the 4 o'clock position in the main photo there are some other curiosities
on a hill. I did'nt englarge them too much so not to pixelate too much.

So what do you all think, are these all just light reflections or chemical anomalies that
happened during the development process, or are they something else?
What are your thoughts ATS?
I shall update this thread in the future once I receive the high res photos
edit on 20-1-2012 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Great find....certainly an interesting bit of photos...At first I was a bit skeptical that they were actually real, but they are certainly there! data.aad.gov.au... ....Just set it to show the pictures from Operation Highjump, then scroll through the ones that have a little camera symbol on them.

Very intriguing indeed!

edit on 20-1-2012 by bhornbuckle75 because: My words were a melange of meaningless mussiness....I have rectified this situation.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

cool find!
S & F

That first picture, I at first thought may have been oriented upside-down, or inverted 180 degrees of rotation (same thing).

On second look, were the snow actually sky, then the dark spot would make less sense.

One thing about photos like these, you need be careful about interpreting what they are based on initial orientation. Original orientation can sometimes also be lost, or accidentally mislabeled.

I don't think that is the case here, but, it's a good thing to keep in mind.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

The dark spot in the first pic you refer to is the shadow of a hill or ridge
its a bit blury and does kind of look like a cloud

From the high res

Your right about interpretation though, in the first photo you will notice what appears
to be a star in a darkening sky. The high res photos shows that it is really a
space jellyfish

edit on 20-1-2012 by LeLeu because: lol

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

The database is gold

They are high res scans of original photographs
Some are creased or crinkled with age

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

The one pic that you mentioned looking like a toy train set could easily be a piece of rope. If you look closely, you will see what look like footprints leading to it in the center of the pic.

Maybe footprints, I am by no means certain that they are footprints. JMO that they might be.

edit on 20-1-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

These are all aerial photos, I think from memory this one was taken at about
1200 ft but I could be wrong. I have lost my link to this photo so I'm in the process of
trying to locate it again. The database has been updated with more pics over the
last month or so.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

I'm unfamiliar with this situation. All I can do is to make a couple of comments on the images. The original photo with the beam of light suffers from wide, vertical areas of lightness that are barely visible across the whole image.

Second, the light source seems to glow in its upward extent. But we can see that the air is very clear. And in fact, airborne dust would be at a minimum at that place. So we would not expect to see much of a projected beam or a surround glow. Whether these effects are caused by the apparent light source or something with the film/developing is open to debate.

Third, the apparent beam at its base is the same shape of the oblisk that appears in the other image.

It would be helpful if other images from that same roll of film can give us any clues as to whether those picture was taken from the air, a ridge top or from ground level. Honestly, I can't make much out of them.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
reply to post by butcherguy

These are all aerial photos, I think from memory this one was taken at about
1200 ft but I could be wrong. I have lost my link to this photo so I'm in the process of
trying to locate it again. The database has been updated with more pics over the
last month or so.
Oh. Wow, those would be some giant damn footprints and extra heavy rope then eh?

Thanks for the info, that really changes perspective for me on these photos! S&F.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

This is the info for the first photo,

Film/Digital Series:M26-68 Run:3, which ranges from frame 132 to frame 233. Frame:132
Latitude:68.748° South 68° 44' 53.4" S
Longitude:69.850° East 69° 50' 58.8" E
Geographic Area:Landon Promontory - Jennings Promontory Date:2-Mar-1947,
known to Definite day, month and year
Average Height of Run:3100m Height of this Frame:3100m

I hope this helps

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I wrote a short story and did an image of an "Artifact" that my Grandfather discovered in Operation Highjump

I have always had a facination of Antarctica and a huge NG Map sits across from me in my office. Someday I hope to visit it!

S&F and I will be digging through those photos...!
edit on 20-1-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Excellent post. I have read a lot of info on the Highjump Operation and all the details that follow in regards to all the stories of what Byrd reported and the stories of German occupation of Antarctica. This is one of the most fascinating and intriguing mysteries to me. I actually find the possibility of many of the stories to be very probable with the facts being muddled by a lot of conspiracy theories and people wanting to latch on for their few seconds of fame. Once you wade through all the BS, it is stuff like this that really makes me that much more interested.

S&F...thanks!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It would be interesting to contact the data base and ask about Photo 122, M26-68 Run 2, see if they even have a hard copy for it.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

Good thinking, the lady from the AADC who sent me the high res image
also sent her email address. I've just sent her a email responce asking her
about photo 122

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

The second image is most likely a photo of a ballistic missle in it's boost phase. It is far to big and assymetrical to be a structure.

I understand high jump was quite a mashup. A horrible mission that saw the murder of a handful of German refugee scientists including Maria Orsic, her german officer lover and her daughter Mary, as well as many good American servicemen.

Such a waste.

AX
FTNWO

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaExray

Like Vasa Croe said there are many storys and legends about Antarctica and Highjump
there was another mission after Highjump called Windmill 1947-1948.
The Greman 'state' New Swabia lies to the north of the continent in an area called
Queen Maud Land. Highjump was conducted to the south and east regions, there are
no photos on the database that are anywhere near New Swabia unfortunately.
I'm not sure about operation Windmill though perhaps they went to New Swabia?
I'm pretty sure that both Highjump and Windmill were hunting Nazi's.
If the US military wanted to test equipment in arctic conditions would'nt they just go to
Canada or Alaska? It also seams to be alot of firepower for a survey mission lol

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

Good one I did'nt think to invert the colour to bring out detail.

Here is another photo of the same area

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Back to the first photo of Foley Prom, I found the second pic in the run.
There is no light beam but the ground feature is still looks to be there.
Keep in mind that the 2nd pic is at a different angle than the 1st

1st pic below

2nd pic below

I zoomed the image and circled the ground feature here

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I outlined the non organic shapes

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join