It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mossberg Maverick 88 .12 Gauge Shotgun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
GO FOR IT BRO!!!! I would definantly recomend it. My brother has one and loves it, heck I even love it. (especially since ive outshot him with it before
) Mossberg is a proven brand and the maverick is a good solid installment in the line. The price is awesome as well, It is good for everything you want to do with it and more.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I have this gun and I like it, the price was good, the recoil isnt bad at all (I can fire from the hip no problem), and its never malfunctioned on me. Definitely the gun to grab if someone breaks in your house.

Its pretty much the same thing as the mossberg 500 which is very popular.

I have the folding stock with rear pistol grip on my maverick and its awesome, however I do NOT recommend ordering a mossy 500 fore-stock for front pistol grips. Maybe I got a bad fore-stock (doubt it as others have had this issue) the one from the 500 had side to side play in it, which was really exaggerated once the front pistol grip was on so it was hard to hold steady, and eventually after firing off a few boxes the pistol grip vibrated itself loose. So stick with the regular fore-stock on it and youll be happy with the gun.
edit on 23-1-2012 by A-Dub because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Personally I have always preferred Remingtons to Mossberg, my nearly as old as me Remington 870 Express magnum receiver is in my opinion the pump action shotgun. I have always preferred the feel of the Remington action and mine is the perfect weight to make even the harshest of loads easily manageable even from the hip. My friend bought a brand new Mossberg 835 Ultimag (if I recall right he paid a little over $600) and he came over the property to break it in and and we put a bout 200 shells through them switching off and I personally wouldn't have traded him, the Mossy was nice but the action and trigger did not "feel" nearly as good to me. He actually was surprised at how well the 870E shot.

That being said a pump action is pretty hard to screw up so especially for a first shotgun go for it.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join