It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threads lately .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
It comes and goes just like everything else.

When there is big news the site picks up and people go a little crazy. Politics is always a touchy subject and never fails to elicit some anger.

It also picks up a little in the summer (when school lets out) and certain times through winter.

There is also a certain population of members here that are just...well....angry.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
My experience with this site has varied, every year the site flow ebbs and flows between the rational thinker - to the downright loony who has escaped the mental asylum

right now we seem to be edging into the manic & panic stage, it can get quite rough in these waters so hold on

Your not the only one who has noticed the change this time round though, alot of us discuss this issue daily, it seems that the war is between this years new signups and the regulars, and an influx of political threads popping up seems to get peoples veins popping more than usual (election year - similar was witnessed a few years ago aswell)

If you are trying to avoid the fur flying and hair pulling stay away from these topics that seem to be teetering on a knifes edge of sanity and decorum at the moment:

ANY political debates/threads
Alien/UFO
Predictions (the recent mitch coombes revival palava comes to mind)

These particular topics (although not just those - 9/11 comes to mind) right now seem to get an almost sane person frothing at the mouth. Other than that its a fine and dandy place to be
the mods r quite regular with the much needed meds, and the drawing room with its plastic windows and free helmuts and crayons are simply FAAAABBBBUUUUULOOOOUUUUSSSSS < SHE SAYS IN HER BEST CHEESY VOICE>

just try ride out the storm, it calms down eventually......

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by watchdog8110

I have been a member for less than 6 months, so I can't speak to how it used to be. It hasn't changed a bit since I've been here. People feel strongly about certain things, and when two people who feel passionately square off (on a thread) you get fireworks. Most people try to keep it civil but, I must admit, I’ve had my fair share of point deductions.

All the Pseudo-intellectuals on ATS who say the left/right paradigm is a myth are sadly mistaken. There is a DEEP difference of opinion on how the world should work; couple that with all of the serious conspiracy theorists who believe just about EVERYTHING in life isn’t as it appears and you have even more fireworks.

I love this site!!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Agreed that there are some whacked out attitudes and perceptions from some not so grounded people . The civil people here that remember the " good ole days " trying to make a connection on topics with a purpose . Typing how a person would talk in a face to face interaction because they are used to it being that way .

Generation gaps in dealing with the older and younger members , power hungry , inflated egos . The whole i'm right and your wrong and you need to be wiped off the face of the type planet replies .

Being able to personally block replies from certain members that take a topic off course would be a nice addition or a bot to give them a boot to the time out corner 10 minutes for you .

Better to be in the shadows observing the rats run around in the maze ? ( Lurkers )

hmmmmmm ?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It could also be because we experience information overload.

When you have the interweb at your constant disposal you can access and are exposed to information about anything and everything including all the nasty stuff in the world. You know the old saying....."Ignorance is Bliss".

Everyone is striving to keep up with the Joneses which is just a pipe dream.

Then combine that with the pace of society that is alot faster than it was 100 years ago, we are being pushed and pushed and pushed until eventually edges start to fray and then steam needs to be vented......

top topics

<< 1   >>

join