It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New school mascot "Cougar" rejected for fear of offending middle aged women!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
They should change it to the "Juggers", or perhaps the, " Chuggers ", after all if your going to be ridiculous about this choice, why not step out into the ethereal....????

Maybe the " Hot Chicks " would satisfy these critics.....

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Everything about this moronic atrocity, is offensive to the cougar. They are beautiful creatures. Apparently, they are quite intelligent also. How often do you see one?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

How often do you see one?]

At every PTA meeting, and after school event, LOL
edit on 20-1-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

Damn it, how do I get out of this quote? you guys got it right?

edit on 20-1-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: Screwed up, please forgive me, (quoted)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Thanks for the pictures, I am quite the lover of the cat species, and it saddens me that such a beautiful creature would play second fiddle to a goofy euphemism in the minds of what should be intelligent folks

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Agreed!!!! And the last time I saw one, it was lit in moonlight upon a rock licking its paws, while I was urinating less than 25 ft away, during a camping trip, it looked at me, and simply looked away....

I didn't sleep a wink, all night....

Beautiful, yet deadly, and amazing, no doubt!!!!
edit on 20-1-2012 by freetree64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Then why is there a school a couple hours away from me still using a beaver as a mascot?

I mean, if we're going this far with being pc, how did that slip through? I'd guess more people know the alternate meaning for beaver than cougar, anyway.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Ironically enough, the mascot at my school was, "Horny Middle-Aged Women".

You guys were my arch rival!

Go Young guys looking for a sugar mamma!!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by beezzer

Ironically enough, the mascot at my school was, "Horny Middle-Aged Women".

You guys were my arch rival!

Go Young guys looking for a sugar mamma!!

Our school mascot was some guys mom.

Our football team really sucked!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
What a shame, they could have had a totally rockin' mascot.

ETA: We have a university in the Phillyburbs that renamed itself Arcadia University about 10 years ago because its old name was Beaver College. I guess they didn't want to give the kids the impression that it was a fun place to get an education.

edit on 1/20/12 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
My Junior High was the Cougars!

This is a common team name for Junior High and High school teams. Why do people have to try to be so politically correct?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I'm more offended that they think we cougars would be offended.
I wear my cougar moniker with pride..

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

WOW.Just..wow.

Is this really how far we've come in America?

Evidently . . . and then some.

This insidious

"RIGHT TO BE NEVER OFFENDED"

idiocy is . . . uhhhh . . . trying to think of inoffensive word . . .

unaware

to the max.

(terms rejected as too offensive: stupid, dumb, irrational, clueless, idiotic, terminally thick-headed . . . etc.)

The whole planet is being shoved further and further down the rabbit hole on such scores.

And there's evidence that even ATS is being sucked into that gaping MAW. Being civil seems like it's being morphed into NEVER OFFEND A READER--even someone who's rabidly hostile to your views.

How workable is that?

There are many folks who, literally, didn't receive enough loving affection from a loving Dad . . . who are . . .

sooooooo saturated with angst, anger, frustration, low self worth etc. etc. etc.

that they LIVE to find every excuse to be offended that they can possibly find

AND THEN RAGE about it far and wide and intensely . . . !!!DEMANDING!!! their "right" to never be offended.

SHEESH.

People need to go to the taxidermist and get a thicker skin or get a life.

I think all the students at that school should wear COUGER clothing items every day from here-on out.

What idiocy.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Have a child tatooed, go to jail.
Wear your pajamas outside, go to jail.
Name a sports team after a vicious animal, go to jail.

Give yourself a disease from the way you cook, while advocating for people to eat the same way, then get rich off the disease by working for a pharmaceutical company to help yourself and other victims control the disease.

It's official. We're living in idiotworld.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hilarious.

I wonder how BYU feels about this.. Also probably about 500 existing high schools. I wonder how COUGARS feel about this - hot old ladies and predatory cats both.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
LOL you have got to be kidding me! I AM a "middle aged women" and this is one of the most asinine things I've heard of. OMG I am so offended they want to name their school the cougars!!

Would it be ok if they called themselves the sugar-daddies?
That's just a candy right?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Nothing wrong with cougars, they need love too.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

WOW.Just..wow.

Is this really how far we've come in America?

Evidently . . . and then some.

This insidious

"RIGHT TO BE NEVER OFFENDED"

idiocy is . . . uhhhh . . . trying to think of inoffensive word . . .

unaware

to the max.

(terms rejected as too offensive: stupid, dumb, irrational, clueless, idiotic, terminally thick-headed . . . etc.)

The whole planet is being shoved further and further down the rabbit hole on such scores.

And there's evidence that even ATS is being sucked into that gaping MAW. Being civil seems like it's being morphed into NEVER OFFEND A READER--even someone who's rabidly hostile to your views.

How workable is that?

There are many folks who, literally, didn't receive enough loving affection from a loving Dad . . . who are . . .

sooooooo saturated with angst, anger, frustration, low self worth etc. etc. etc.

that they LIVE to find every excuse to be offended that they can possibly find

AND THEN RAGE about it far and wide and intensely . . . !!!DEMANDING!!! their "right" to never be offended.

SHEESH.

People need to go to the taxidermist and get a thicker skin or get a life.

I think all the students at that school should wear COUGER clothing items every day from here-on out.

What idiocy.

Those British sensibilities are coming out. America is showing its roots. It used to be if you only talked about religion or politics people got offended. Now if you talk about someone being fat, or 50...or less than rich people get offended. It's all about the glam. Take that reality show the Kardashians with Kim, and the hoe named Snooki in that other reality tv show.

It's all about sex, power and money. Women rule this country and if youre not good looking or are well hung, youre no one.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It would seem this story is picking up steam, with a new article appearing on CNN today:

news.blogs.cnn.com...

I like this point made especially:

And you never know, this story may not be over yet. "Chargers" may be deemed offensive to people who are up to their necks in credit-card debt.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Tooooooooooo exasperatingly true.

Sigh.

The thin-skinned are in for some horrific wake-up calls.

Even the blokes originating PC are going to turn out some of the most Hitlarian torturers and tyrannical, ruthless genocidal maniacs imaginable.

PC is going to crash and burn bigtime.

The police turning increasingly nasty is just the first hint.

Thankfully, after Armageddon . . . in the Millenial reign of the Prince of Peace . . . love will be the rule from the heart and there will be no need of biting satire.

However, evidently humor will still be in vogue. That will be interesting to see how that works lovingly yet humorously.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'm sure cougars everywhere are offended by the fact that over the hill women have stolen their name in a pathetic attempt to make themselves appear more desireable than they really are.

Only a matter of time before a lawyer drafts a cease and decist order to protect the name of cougars everywhere. Rumor has it they hate being called pumas as it likens them to a dirty sneaker.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join