It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay students offered special scholarships

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Now I have no problem with homosexuals, transgenders, black, white, purple or green individuals, but to me this is paramount to religious/ethnic/sexual bias in the same way that as of the KKK organization.

So lets get this straight. A group of private individuals giving a scholarship to someone is the same as the KKK. Why in the world do you have a problem with a gay advocacy group giving gay students money to attend college? One of the scholarships was from the university, given to students to attend it. Well, why shouldn't they be allowed to give it to whoever they want. If they want to encourage gays or any other minority group to attend their school, what business is it of yours?

worldeatcher:
[on 8mm coverage] I've been considering going back to college, but didn't think I could afford it, but

A new frontier in film for bollywood eh?

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
I'm a straight, white, young, healthy male.

God, I get nothing in this world.

Not true. You get the blame, the shaft, hosed, screwed, and of course, the bill.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
LOL...

They argue for "equal rights" and then this happens!

Do we hear them now yelling "equal rights"?

No!

Talk about pompous!

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by markinburlington
I thought this site was about denying ignorance.

Well when you say something ignorant like you did about having the right to free money because you experienced a hard social life, it just opens the door...

Also discussing a matter such as this helps me understand where some people are coming from, even though I may sound harsh, I do actually learn things from a thread such as this...

So please, continue to justify it... I'm all ears.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
Not true. You get the blame, the shaft, hosed, screwed, and of course, the bill.

Are you talking about the justice system pertaining to alimony and palimony??
(oops, my dad wouldn't find that funny)

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA
Scholarship money is provided by private benefactors who have no affiliation with the public welfare, they have the right to limit who gets their money. After all, its their money.

I don't believe that anyone is arguing that issue. Of course anyone can do whatever they want with their money.

The point I was attempting to make is that these things tend to be done in the guise of equality when they are in fact the opposite and only continue to divide 'groups' more so.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

Originally posted by astrocreep

Are you talking about the justice system pertaining to alimony and palimony??
(oops, my dad wouldn't find that funny)

Not specifically, just life in general...ah but I forget that we aren't supposed to acknowledge any of it. Its not "PC" to talk about it. Just keep quiet, keep working, act shameful for what we've "done" and pretend its all good! Heyaah Mule!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join